Wards Critically Broken!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Defilecheese, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Wesst Member

probably with how the devs are treating tle so many issues and 99% get 0 responses let alone a fix
  2. Sejreia Active Member

:rolleyes:
  3. Wesst Member

looks like they are broken in a new way tool tip reads 4325 heal its only going on the group for 3269 and never crits i have like 60% on him and out of like 50 cast 0 crits always the same exact number almost exactly my ab mod which it might be related to
  4. Laliya Active Member

Yes, same here - new wards never crits, i casted 50 wards and was getting the same ward number (my crit is 33%). And also i noticed that for some wards i didnt get any msg in chat (and in log) like i never casted it, thou it wasnt 0 ward - at least it showed like normal ward in my window of maintained spells and its timer was refreshed, but no msg in chat for that ward.

yeah it shows wrong numbers for heals and wards in ability description, but its not new, it was like that since KoS launch X) i posted about this bug more that week ago, and got no response. Thou i worry much more about not getting crit wards.
  5. BrouhahaTLE New Member

The ward amounts do not match up Carrion Warding tool tip is 3937 vs the ward remaining amount on the icon in the spell effects bar of 3150. It does't seem that AB is the cause as the difference between the 2 is 787 and my AB is 312. Ancient Shroud (single target ward), Eidolic Ward (single target emergency) and Purulence (group emergency ward) amounts don't match up either. I think this is due to the healing nerf and is working as intended but that is just a guess. The difference between the 2 amounts for both single target and group wards is 20% so this would seem to support my hypothesis but would need to be checked its the same by someone else to be confirmed.

Carrion Warding does not crit. If this is an intentional nerf, a bug or if it was always this way I can't say, it was 5 years ago I last played my mystic and I simply don't remember but I thought it did. Ancient Shroud (single target ward) does crit though.
  6. Satyr Well-Known Member

Off topic: My god, those houses you've done are insane Laliya.
  7. BrouhahaTLE New Member

Ok Laliya helped me spot something else.

"YOUR Carrion Warding has applied to YOU as a critical ward for 3150."

That is the base amount and not a crit. I didn't test much but Carrion Warding seems to be reporting sucessful casting ok.
    "You demand the ancestral ward of the Carrion Warding."
    "Witchery's group is cloaked in a shield of warding!"

The amount of the ward is only show in the combat log when it reports a crit. This seems correct to me apart from not actually criting of course.
  8. Laliya Active Member

oh thats very interesting! so grp ward get msg in log for 'crit' (thou it doesnt crit, but at least server gives msg about crit).
    I was actually testing solo ward (ancient shroud) and there was no msgs about crit wards at all. Only "YOUR Ancient Shroud has applied to YOU as a ward for 2,997" all the time and some wards didnt generate any msg in log at all (as i said before).

p.s.
    lol thank you)
  9. Maiana New Member

I am finding as well, the same types of messages on the mystic. I am not getting any actual crit numbers. It reports a crit but the numbers stay exactly the same. Which is a slight improvement, at least it's not 0 any more.
  10. Rubick Well-Known Member

You guys whining on every TLE thread in these forums would make me not fix stuff out of spite. How about suggesting ideas without crying constantly and trying to make it sound like the devs do nothing just because they didn't fix YOUR problem first. (This is mainly directed at Wesst)
  11. Sprok Active Member

Besides the fact that if he had payed attention, he would see that the tooltip has read lower since KoS launch due to the heal nerf to help balance content.You have to compare the critical value to the reduced value in order to get an accurate test.
  12. BrouhahaTLE New Member

So you posted to whine about someone else you perceive is whining and also state you think people should be suggesting ideas without actually suggesting something yourself, some might think that hypocritical. TLE is just as vaild as the Live servers for fixes and updates.

He starts his post with an observation "looks like they are broken in a new way" which is incorrect but is not stated as a fact. Then continues with some facts "tool tip reads 4325 heal its only going on the group for 3269 and never crits i have like 60% on him and out of like 50 cast 0 crits always the same exact number" this is all true but he is unaware of the reasons for the miss matched numbers. Then he suggests what could be the cause of the issue "almost exactly my ab mod which it might be related to" again incorrect but not stated as a fact but a "suggestion" to the cause of the issue. His post was 100% more constructive than yours. I "suggest" you wind your neck in.

Except there is nothing that informs you that's the reason for the miss matched numbers, its not in the patch notes and I've not seen that posted anywhere else. It makes sense that's the reason IF you knew about the healing nerf and have a good knowledge of the game systems. It's perfectly reasonable he might not have noticed the miss match before hand, I certainly didn't because I didn't look even though I knew the healing had been nerfed.

Hopefully the Dev's are already aware of these issues and have a working fix ready for the next patch or will look at it when they have some time to do so, if not maybe this thread will be useful to them. Either way I am personally glad that crit chance isn't a detrimental stat to acquire for the shaman class any longer.
    Maiana likes this.
  13. Rubick Well-Known Member

If I thought anything was broken I would state my opinion on it. However, no suggestions are needed as I feel the game is fine as is. I'm not the one whining on every thread in this forum about the game that I'm playing being trash. Get over yourselves. My lone complaint is that level 70 spells can't be crafted, but I stated that in a different thread.
  14. Krov Active Member

I can confirm that wards are not getting crit ... 26 % base crit and over 400 + wards cast = 0 crits this was never fixed it seems the devs simply turned it off.
  15. Maiana New Member

I for one have not seen any whining here. I have seen different people coming in and making observations about what they have personally been experiencing, before, during, and after patches. Talking collectively in a forum about a topic. Until you come in and make drama now we are talking about you. Please go to another thread.
  16. Rubick Well-Known Member

Totally no whining going on. Good call.
  17. Arandar Well-Known Member

On second thought, not going to even get into this derail. Bottom line, wards are still broken, they're just broken in a different way now.
  18. Sprok Active Member

They aren't broken, they just aren't critting. If that's one of the ways the Devs are looking to balance this tier I have no problem with it, considering everything that's currently kill able is easily doable without critical wards.
  19. Arandar Well-Known Member

If every other healer's primary form of healing can benefit from criticals, and a shaman cannot, I call that broken.
  20. Krov Active Member

With close to 40 % crit and wards getting roughly a bonus of 65 on a crit it is still broken.