Wardens who have been here since the beginning or close to it.

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Oakum, Oct 7, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

So how many of us left playing wardens AS A MAIN started on our wardens in the first 6 Months of EQ2 coming out?
    I notice that quite a bit of the wardens posting now are PVPers where wardens can get the PVP only or BG gear and do quite well once fully geared up and able to survive being the first target of the other players. I know, until then most wardens go down like they are wearing tissue paper against any well geared scout, mage, or fighter but once the gear is earned, wardens are golden until the upcoming nerfs anyway.
    So, have all the PVE wardens who started playing the game with a warden main still playing their warden as a main or they given up on being useful in raids and switched to new mains or quit playing?
    I dont recognize very many of the names here at all. I guess that in itself makes a statement about the wardens in raids where most long time playing wardens would most likely be, whether casual or hardcore.
    No one like being useless except for certain situations and I guess SOE just never realized that. Wardens cant bring anything to the table without stepping on other healer classes specialties but cant bring enough dps when their healing is not needed to be useful either.
    It is the same lose/lose situation since LU-13.
  2. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

So negative...Yeah, I occasionally still pine for the days pre lu13.... I technically didn't start with a warden as my main, but my warden did become my main within the first 6 months.
    What nerfs are you talking about? general or pvp? cause if pvp....meh I personally don't care for it, don't pay attention to it, and don't participate in it.
    I do still play my warden more than my other toons, but I can't really call him my main as it's not the class I raid with. Of course due to the curse of the class I do raid with, even if wardens were to some day get useful buffs for raiding, I probably would not be able to switch....darn useful dirges...
    An AA to make instinct group wide would likely be enough of a buff boost to make wardens wanted to buff melee dps...a minor change really, but probably enough to make them wanted.
  3. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

Oh I cant resist this one ......
    Its funny Oakum ... how long youve been negative about your class .... yet youve stuck to it through thick and thin. I always liked your input for the most part though.
    Its kinda sad not to see Arie around
    I guess Ill go ahead and put 2 and 2 together for ya all ... this is Skivley101 ,,,, that account was banned ........ And I wouldnt blame the mods for only giving me one chance this time. No hard feelings Gnorbin ,,, dont worry Ive learned alot about forum ediquet since then.
    So Incase this is my last post ..... Where is our ~Forrest of Terror~ spell ???
    But anyways, To get on topic .... Warden has been my main since 2 months after launch. Ive made about 10 wardens .... and when I came back since RoK .... I decided to revisit a warden I made just after launch of the pvp servers. My guild made an alt guild on Vox. so I come back to an empty guild and 0 AA.
    Its been fun though ..... Currently Im locked at 35 , Full PvP gear, all masters ... but only 57 AA. Last few weeks Ive tried a pet charm and infusion spec .... with all the first row mele hits. As soon as I get enough AA , Ill pick up the CA conversions. It seems in pvp , you cant kill anyone with nukes as a warden. But with both of them , Ill be pretty devasting to more than a few classes.
    Since you mentioned the surviveablity granted the warden by some good gear. I wanted to mention how good my main survived in Kos raid gear. Only lvl 75 right now on AB. Waitin for that next expansion .... to get all the ones I missed . Just doesnt seem worth buying it only for the SO benifits , wich is all Id use out of it right now.
    Picking back up on Naggey has been plenty entertaining ... Except being in a guild of one kinda sux ... I still keep thinking somebody might show up.
    Anyways , Its good to say howdy Oakum and gatrm
  4. ARCHIVED-Rayvin Guest

Played my warden since literally Day1 as my main. You are quite right that it has been tough to raid with a warden as your main, but except for a short time at the end of TSO when i was about 50/50 with my illy - thats what i have done. I totally agree that we have gotten little love in the way of giving us enough utility or equality to make a case for using us over other healers. And we absolutely do still need to lobby for more equity!
    I do have to say that with double group cures and TS not rooting us - i think we are in a bit better shape than we have been in a long time. With AOE triplets being the flavor of the expansion, we can keep a group running better than anyone except inqys. We are lucky to have endless amounts of mana, and even a small ability to share it. We also have more and faster DPs than most. I think those of us still at it need be sure our groups and guilds know of and appreciate what we do have and can bring to the table. Does that mean that we are about to usurp Defilers in the MT group - well no - but i cant help but love the class, and i think my guild appreciates what i can do with her.
    As to why raiding wardens are so quiet - i think we all still are mourning the "passing" of WCLarry....that and we want to keep our success a secret so no disgruntled ex-wardens switch back and give us competition!
    Trystia of Guk
  5. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

NolaDragon wrote:
    I've played this game since the beta and I've never seen this guy preach anything except doom and gloom about the class. Just sayin'.
  6. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Rayvin wrote:
    lol Speak for yourself, the guy was a noob that tried to tell me 5 crit bonus and 10 base from the heal stance was worthless.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yure Guest

gatrm wrote:
    Heck alter the Instinct red Addorn to add Group wide would work too.
    At the moment the OT, dirge, and brigade are fighting over it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Yure wrote:
    Yes, it would make us more useful. Sometimes I just get nostagic for when wardens were not mainly alts for soloing or doing bg's/PVP.
    Doom and gloom, not really, just tired of seeing us given bandaids at a start of a new expansion when the mobs require 3 healers for MT group and watching all the "great job, thanks we are equally as well as wanted as the other 5 healers now and then watch those same people melt from the warden board as they switch to a chanter or bard or other dps that the raid force wants instead.
    I have been very, very patient though waiting for change but even I volunteer to play my Dirge, Illy, or brig when three healers are not required and I get put in as a 3rd healer for a dps group, lol. I could dps as well as we should be able to that would be useful which is as good as a brawler and better then any plate tank.
    BG's helped because, even though wardens were a little overpowered once they had a full set of BG gear, (they died quick before then), it gave me something to do for a while where the heals could keep a group up and my group could win IF they used strategy and timing or if they other group did and mine never, we died. Now if neither side was, then it could be a heal fest until people got smart. Most never did though.
    Here is the question. If their were no shaman available to raid would it be called? If there is no druids available, would the raid be called?
  9. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Oakum wrote:
    No, and no.
  10. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

We completed easy mode with usually a (well geared) warden in the MT group with a templar. My mystic is in the OT group and single ward/amplify the MT. Sometime we switch (as example for noxious based figths) or when our main warden is not here.
    I know at least two other guilds with one warden as main healer.
    The problem is not that warden are not desired in raid (at least till the hole), but the warden population is very high (because the class is so good in solo or versus heroic) and a raid will not usually host 4 warden.
    I honestly believe that some adjustments (3-5sec ticks on tranquility, instinct groupwide, cyclone raidwide) would be welcome but the class is not broken and shine outside raid content.
  11. ARCHIVED-bayoudawn Guest

For raid is better to skip str and concentrate on intel line of AAs and save 20+ AA pts from combat art conversion of the spells?
  12. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Oakum wrote:
    Alive and kicking
    Not doing BG and gave up raiding. Had nothing to do with the class though.
    So, being outside of the current main paradigm i am still very pleased with this class. Its much bettern then it was in the last tier regarding healing heroic content.

Since we are all vets, we all know that the game, especially raiding, has nothing to do with its inital design. They changed a lot, but it will never change. Some classes will have it harder then others. Remember stepchild SK ? Or useless chanters ? But then a SK tanked Deathtoll for me. Its the same since years. Anything is possible, just not when playing with perfectionists
    I am rather scared they will merge us with the Fury back to Druid.
  13. ARCHIVED-Yallai Evilbane Guest

ive played a warden for most of the time ive been playing (i honestly dont remember if he was my first main, but he is now)

Ive never been much of a raider in this game, but I have always done alot of group/solo content. For soloing I can't think of any class id rather do it with than my warden, and my warden has been able to solo heal zones that most other classes would never think of ever since he got his epic.(I <3 the power regen)

All in all the only reasons I even have other toons is because im a altaholic and I like to get away from being the guy who "let the group die" lol.
  14. ARCHIVED-artemiszion1982 Guest

i have been back and forth from eq2 since the beginnin. i have not played odalia since the begining; she has however been my main for several years. once i made her i never looked back. when i want o raid with her i do. my guild is not a hard core raid guild. never has been. we do the best with what we have.

having said that we have a warden in the mt group more often than not. a warden who knows the class and pays atention does just fine raiding.

sorry for lack of any caps eq forum hates my phone.