Warden's Healing Grove needs some love.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Edaine, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Edaine Member

Healing Grove (Warden spell) in need of desperate help!

This tree used to be beast, so much so it received a significant nerf into oblivion. Now that content is all about draining power, I think it's time we revisited this tree and improve it back towards the direction it used to be. Here are the numbers:

I'm currently sitting at a power pool of 30,000,000 roughly. The tree replenishes 450k every tick for a total of 15 ticks over the 31.5 seconds the tree is up. 6,750,000 is all the power I get after the life of the tree. (Healing Grove VII (Ancient))

Approximately only a 1/4 of my potential power, but not that i'd see it, because the power drains in game hit so often and hard, that I may as well not even have cast the tree...in fact it's a detriment if I do, since it requires power to maintain.

On the healing side it's just as bad. Sitting at around 2,328,000,000 health points. The average heal tick is around 100,000,000 every 2 seconds for a total of 1,500,000,000 or just over half of my hit points...not even a full heal over the life of the tree.

I realize part of the problem is that the Healing Grove can't critically hit in its current form. I also don't think the answer is to revert it back to its former glory where it made having a power feed obsolete, but it needs a happy middle ground so it can give me enough power so I can get something cast before it's drained again and it needs to at least be able to full heal during the time it's up, especially with some of the damage we receive. Maybe it could provide that heal in the form of a ward instead?

TL:DR Healing Grove was nerfed too hard and needs some its ability back to compete with current power drain and healing needs.
    Smashey, Ganador, Kuulei and 2 others like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I concur. This used to be an effective tool. I don't have an issue if something needs to be tuned down a bit. The problem is when you nerf it into oblivion and walk away. This happens way too often IMO. And the over reliance on monumental power drains as a mob mechanic is getting really old. t's like someone trying to crack an egg and the only tool they want to use is a 60 lb. 2 handed sledgehammer.
    How about we just kill the mob for a change. Fights have now become some intricate, heavily scripted dance. Put your right foot in and cast a spell. Move back 3 step, turn to the left and then cast this spell. Now move back in and turn around 3 times and do something else. How about we go back and just hack and slash, cast some spells and have some fun. Honestly, mob fights have become more complicated than a military operation. It would certainly take some time off the devs having to recreate all this stuff.
    Kuulei, Jarlaxyl and Twyla like this.
  3. Edaine Member

Here's a bump, still the same issues in the current expac.
    Ganador and Kuulei like this.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I think it's worse this expac. :(
  5. RubyHOF Member

And the legend continues. Bump