Warden vs. Defiler (solo)

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Wulfleaf, Dec 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Wulfleaf Guest

Hello all!
    I did a search, but most of the solo-type posts are all the way back to 2005, and a lot has changed since then.

Thinking about creating a new character. I solo 95% of the time, so I am looking for a class that I will enjoy, and not pull my hair out, because it is painstakingly slow.
    I wanted to try out a priest class. Right now I have it down to either a Warden or a Defiler, as I like both the druid and shaman archetypes. An Inquisitor comes in at third.
    Which out of these two classes (or three, if you have the experience) has great survivability and soloability, that won't diminish as the game progresses?
    Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

I have all 3, and inq out of the 3 is the best for soloing and such with it not takinf foreeveeeeeeeer.
    Seriously defliers while great at healing have to be the slowlest to lvl and progress healer ever. Wardens to me are the same they have great near unlimited healing (with myth buff) but lack in great dps, though you can spec for decent dps if ya like.
    Inq is to put it simply a battle healer, thier buffs for offesinve capbilites are far superior to the other two. they wear plate and have aa lines which will increase the effectiness of that plate. You can proc heals via punishments aa line and via sf one have a hcance to heal via attacking.
    That is just a quick overview imo, I am primarily a deflier though my warden use to be my main once upon a time. I use my inq to solo.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ykiphia1 Guest

For solo play the warden is by far the better choice. Defilers are very, very slow to level.
  4. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Warden spec as a battlepriest can be fine and never run out of mana. It's also one of the best (and be the best) x1 solo healer. For sure you miss the Inqui huge buf and high mitigation, but wolf form give you almost mail mitigation, your heals are extremelly fast, you are unlikely to be interupted (various proc + high channeling) and you can get some antistun and some antiaoe.
    One of your special attack generate a self haste and you may get up to 90% during the buf duration with a haste belt. Getting up to 100% double attack is easy with no gear (various aas).
    With my gear which is moderate i can solo the all the librarire but the last named (not enough dps ... books) and parts of VD1. I never really went deep in Vd1 due to the amount of trash.
    The warden is not as beasty as the inqui, but we port, we evac, and we have infinite mana.
    The defiler is probably the worst healer for soloing, after SF revamp he got better since now wisdom affect it's nukes.