[Warden] Stop Whinning...

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Zelya, Sep 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

Root is a form of crowd control. Keep undergrowth on the mobs and non-melee clear of the mobs and tank losing agro isn't as big a problem. And in a raid situation if a caster got agro he was dead anyway.

This of course is not a statement that our healing is up to par, just a way I'm trying to adapt.
  2. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

I also believe that our regen and a fury's regen don't stack. I have chloroplast at adept 3 and a fury I group with sometimes has her HoT at master I. If I cast chloro while her spell is up I get the message "Will not take effect" which is similar to what we got when we tried to cast a lower level buff when a higher level (or quality) version was already up.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shennron Guest

To the post a few posts above about our class still being a top healing class.
    We are not a top healing class plane and simple fact. I have now grouped with all the other priests classes including another warden and have made observations while I sit to the side with no buffs on to see how they do their jobs. There is a huge difference that I notice and has led me to the conclusion that Wardens area **** healer. Yea we can still do our job but we were supposed to be balanced with the other priests. From my observations we not only need to be 100% attentative to every pull but even then we let our tanks get down further in health then any other healer.
    We do in fact heal for less despite what the devs have said. What they do not factor in are the group speciality heals that the Cleric branch and Shaman branch get. Those heals are more effecient and more powerful then their single target speciality heals. They get the option to use this advantage to keep up with their healing while Wardens do not. Fury's have even been given the best DH in the game that stacks with their other 2 DH's to keep up with their healing ability and they add insane DPS to make any group want them.
    Our class can make it by but so can a Paladin for that matter. Although we may be slightly better at healing then the paladin they can at least take agro and off tank any mob.
    These are the facts and I will post later about some other issues that is wrong with the Warden class.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bobolammy Guest

I do often why we as wardens don't have any real WARDS ... seems ironic. Anyways yeah overall we're not completely ****, but still not the powerhouse of healing we once were. I manage okay without huge burst healing but throw in an add or two and things do get quite interesting.
  5. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

Risthar wrote:
    We have to base wardens capabilities on the average setup not its pinnacle. Telling people, who are expressing concerns, to just learn their character properly is just down right arrogant imho.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The whole point is that there isnt really an overall average situation anymore.......every situation you might need to employ a little different stratagey....including how your group works together.
    Little things matter more now.....here's one way to deal with adds.....target the new mob..and root em...tell the MT to move back...keep that mob targeted....you can heal MT through it as long as its target is the main tank....throw some debuffs on it...no damage yet....root it again as nessacarry...

IMO....this sounds fun to me....trying different stratagies....sure youll need to talk to your group alot more....and plan attacks better....maybe consider what type of damage they'er gona do....(and people shouldnt go throwing away that old armour any more......cuz a certain stat might be better for a certain situation).....And using different types of potions/food for Diff mobs helps a bit also....

sure its all shades of grey....But it looks Like the Grey scale got alot bigger

Ya....they did change the way the warden plays....and if your not having any fun....Definatley play somthin that is Fun

Just IMO................:smileywink:
  6. ARCHIVED-missconstrue Guest

kassanthala wrote..

I LOVE my warden NOW! iwouldn't play any other healer class if you paid me to

-----------------------------

i would play any class if you paid me too :).. i would love a job playing EQ2 :smileyvery-happy:

that being said i await the job offers :smileywink:

52 warden oasis server
  7. ARCHIVED-Supernova17 Guest

I corrected it for you. :smileywink:

The rest of us Templars are doing fine and having a blast!!! We are a stong and working healer, but for this to be true, one must relearn how a healer works in general.