[Warden] Stop Whinning...

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Zelya, Sep 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-BuyBye Guest

:smileyvery-happy:
  2. ARCHIVED-kenjiso Guest

rofl, the poll is silly...if there's a templar poll i must admit i will give Extreme weaker than before too.
    1/2 value + slower to full proc + less duration special heals, 1/3 buff (1k ac gone rofl), 1/2 dps (dot, dd), 2/3 ac, 1/5 avoidance.

but no, templar now still playable. and still heal well if know how the class work.
  3. ARCHIVED-ZandaStrooth Guest

I agree with Zelya here.
    I find it much more fun to play my warden now.
    Wardens were overpowered healers before LU13.
    Now we are just normal healers, which we should be.
    Not better, not worse as other healers, just average.
    All classes are much more balanced at the moment.
    In our guild we did a lot of duelling. I can still beat a lot of classes, won 75% of my duels, so we don't suck that much in soloing as some are saying here.
    We got the ability to root mobs now, so that helps a lot for soloing too.
    It's true, in groups we are a bit worse atm, some of our heals are severely nerfed, but we get nice heals back soon enough when we reach the higher levels. And face it, we were way overpowered before. We beated drayek with 1 group, with only me and a templar as healers, before LU13, that's not how it should be.
    Also the special spells will be really fun imo:
    http://www.eq2labs.com/article/new-spells-priest.php#warden
    I also agree that the people who post on this forum are usually much more negative then the wardens I speak in game. Most people only post when they have something to complain about and don't bother with posting if they think all is ok. That's not a problem at all, SOE has to know about the problems some have, but you can't base statistics and polls on that.
    Only thing the poll sais is that from the people who visit this forum, the most think warden is nerfed.
  4. ARCHIVED-ZandaStrooth Guest

Fun thing is that I grouped with a wizard and Guardian yesterday in a group of 3 too.
    We were beating the mobs in a faction tower in Maj'Dul, even the 3 arrowed. It was hard, but we could do it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Risethar Guest

I agree that solo wise we have improved.
    I also agree we were far too powerful before the CC.
    I cannot agree that we have improved group wise. Yes, we are not completely helpless but we are certainly one of the least adequate healers when it comes to dealing with adds or mulitple spike damage. If SOE are to maintain its line of no "one true healing class" then it needs re-balancing.

Zanda, there is no point in posting comparison groups. No doubt your Guardian/Wizard were guildies and being aware of your guild they aren't exactly slouches when it comes to raiding. Gear and spell levels make an incredible difference especially when spread across a group. A few assumptions made here admittedly, but you get my point.

We have to base wardens capabilities on the average setup not its pinnacle. Telling people, who are expressing concerns, to just learn their character properly is just down right arrogant imho.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sorano Guest

Right I am happy for you that you find templars playable. It's nice to know other healers still like playing their class. But I would like to point out this is the WARDEN forum. What you think about templars had nothing to do with the warden class.
  7. ARCHIVED-Shadus Guest

> You should say there are 83% gamers who dont know perfectly their class ?
    > Warden is a powerfull Healer, learn just to play...

or perhaps, people are looking beyond the class itself and comparing to the other two priests classes?

I have a warden and templar, the templar is a *far*far* better healer than the warden can hope to be in 99.9% of situations... that's not quite right.

It's not balanced, warden isn't hideously bad now, but it's not balanced at all.
  8. ARCHIVED-Timber13 Guest

I have to agree with Zelya. Our class is still a top healing class.
    Our buffs gotten a HUGE improvement than before the revamp. Alot of people will say "wth are youtalking about, an improvment?" Yes an improvement compared to the needs of this game to keep a MT up. Let me give you an example, before the revamp we buffed all kind of things a MT didn't REALLY needed, now we buff exact the things needed to keep a MT up, duststorm got a huge upgrade, and for most raids impossible to do without, our huge wisdom and agility buffs are our biggest and most important buffs now. My guild did Vaz'Gok yesterday, we knew how to do him before the revamp, he's not the easiest mob in the game, but compared to Borxx, alot heavier. We pulled him, casted duststorm 15 seconds before pull, putted all regens up ( those are sooo important now since templar get agro on the first hit, try and see by yourself ) and at the moment all those things were done, the MT pulled. It was those regens that kept the MT alive during the first 10 seconds, after 2,5 minute, Vaz'gok was down, after 3 minutes duststorm was down.

For the more regular players, I duo'ed several towers with a zerker in Maj'Dul. We wiped about 2 times, not because I couldn't keep the tank up, but because we managed to agro the whole tower :smileytongue: The key for those fights is to activate ( if needed ) next spells since they all stack: Chloroplast, Sylvan Waters, Chlorostorm, HG. If a regen from about 300HP/sec can't keep your tank up... you might consider something is serious wrong with your tank.... even without HG casted you still get a regen from about 150HP/sec which is still very nice. Also don't forget the "special" spells we get at level 52, 55, 58. I'm gonna try Tunare's Watch pretty soon, but from what I've seen on the boards, it just rock. http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=16&message.id=7009

Stop looking back like how it was in the past, that time is GONE. Relearn yourclass, inspect all your spell, test them on easy mobs ( don't forget we got 2 root spells now, 3 when we're grouped ) Healing these days is alot more fun since you actually have to heal, casted Sylvan waters and Chloroplast ( masters ) every minute was enough to keep your tank up... boring if you ask me. I'm glad with this changes and I hope everyone will get the job done to accept this new kind of healing.

And people that say that our class is unbalanced, yes it is, way overpowered in PVP. Duststorm owned every fighter/scout, and the mages are quite easy aswell except the necro. But when you buff high enough with potions, not a big deal either.
    Message Edited by Timber13 on 09-20-2005 07:49 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Disenfranchised Guest

Original post says you play with a coercer. So how the hell does that mean stop whining. Take away your coercer and try it. You will not be able to keep up with healing.
    Then post again, butt head.
  10. ARCHIVED-Timber13 Guest

?

Original post was EXACT the same, only add this few words:
    "And people that say that our class is unbalanced, yes it is, way overpowered in PVP. Duststorm owned every fighter/scout, and the mages are quite easy aswell except the necro. But when you buff high enough with potions, not a big deal either."

I have 1 character in this game, which is a warden, playing it full time, loved it before the revamp, and love it even more after the revamp.
    Try again next time and I'll post my login screen, butt head.
  11. ARCHIVED-Disenfranchised Guest

Im saying if you didn't have the crowd control you'd be screwed. Agro will come off the tank and you will not be able to switch targets quick enough and fire off enough heals to keep groupmate up.
    48 Warden, so no NooB here.
  12. ARCHIVED-rowanC7276 Guest

oK weather it is whinning or not so be-- who cares! I for one am not all that happy with my warden level 51 HK server. ANd yes I know how to play my class. I haev been in a high end raiding guild and the wardne who is always in the Mt group for a while now. So if I did not know my class I do not believe that would be the case. But at this point our heals are pathetic at best - I have tried hard not to jugde the class till I played for atleast a week. The only thing that I kept telling myself was as long as everythign stacks then we ( asa class of healers) still haev a chance. But now not event the HOT stack and if you are grouped or raiding with another warden then you over ride each other. If the HOt stacked then I think we migth be ok. if ALL the HOT stacked that is. and we did not override each other. But when grouping all I get to do is watch the group window and constantly heal that is it -- I do not even haev a sec to see what is goign on in game -- I feel liek I am no longer there-- I really get the whole you are sittign in front of the computer pussign buttons feel..

Where as before it was easy to slip into the game and really get a feel for everything. SO I fell I have lost a lot - I no longer feel part of the world that is norath - it has become like anyother game - weather its computer, playstation, xbox---- i AM ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. I no longer feel apart of all the fun that is EQ2
  13. ARCHIVED-Timber13 Guest

I never really had agro problems before the revamp, neiter I do now.
    Good advice for your tank: adept1 taunts are still quite cheap on the broker and gotten a huge upgrade since the revamp. Might change soon now you don't get spells automaticly anymore.
  14. ARCHIVED-Timber13 Guest

rowanC7276 you are 100% right about what you wrote, but we are a healing class, I felt like a wanabee paladin before but with abit better heals. I feel now like a healer, focus 100% heal non stop, jump backwards to avoid damage, root adds, cast a group heal cause that wizard just got another add on him, root the second add, keep MT up... love it :smileywink: But indeed would be nice if Sylvan waters and VR stack with eachother.

It's just my personal opinion but that is in my eyes EQ2 on the highest level of entertainment, you wanna enjoy the graphix? Ask the mt to stop pulling and enjoy the the view :smileyhappy:
  15. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

SW and VR DO stack with each other... it's SW/VR from 1 warden and SW/VR from another warden that don't stack.
  16. ARCHIVED-Timber13 Guest

I'm sorry, that's what I ment
  17. ARCHIVED-Disenfranchised Guest

Lol, MT has all Adept 1 or higher taunts. Nukers and healers will pull agro almost every time. Tank is only taunting, runs out of power real quick, then whole group goes to hell in a handbasket.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kassanthala Guest

I play a 50 warden. I play only a couple hours a night. I have no fabled gear, i have no adept 111 spells. All my spells are adept 1 except for the master ii training choices. I have no problem soloing yellow solo mobs. Orange ones are a bit tougher, which is how it should be. In eq1 there was about 90% i would die on a white mob. Duoing with a 50 guardian we have no problem taking on yellow heroics. Between duststorm, brambles, undergrowth i never get aggro. I have no problem keeping him alive. In a group I can solo heal absolutly fine. Im really low on power at the end of the fight which creates downtime and we would have a problem with adds. If you want to crawl a dungeon slowly one healer is fine, if you want to blow through you'll need 2 healers. If you want to take on named or extra hard mobs you'll need 2 healers. When this game first came out, before they made the mobs soooo much easier you needed 2 healers.
    Duststorm is awesome. and yes it does knockback mobs that are hitting the tank in a group. I sit and watch it happen to multiple mobs in a group while I duo with my guardian friend. Undergrowth is great as it keeps mobs rooted pretty much for the first part of the fight when the healing is more intense and more likely to gain aggro for me.
    How are we compared to other classes? i dont know and i don't really care. I think with all the changes, most healers of all classes are gonna find it more difficult to be the only healer. It is difficult, but doable with normal orange heroic mobs on down. I think wardens are just as good if not better than before. Duoing with the guardian, we take down mobs at about half the time we did pre-patch. I'm often in full guild groups too and we have no more difficulty than expected just going around killing mobs, with me the only healer. The only time I feel like I can't keep up by myself is when we take on reds or named mobs. Which is how it should be.
    What sucked, what i hated about EQ2 was the dumbdownest of it. I like my games challenging and fun. I'm glad they got away from the WoW trend.
    I LOVE my Warden now! I would'nt play any other healer class if you payed me too.
  19. ARCHIVED-boa Guest

Well I know for a fact sinice I manely duo with a pally , Is that if he knows better he will heal himself for the taunt facter alone so yes you can manage there . I was in 2 different full groups, last sunday. One group with mt a 50 zerker i had such a hard time keeping up with heals we got wiped 3 times becaus of aggro, He asked me if i was, afk once LOL Than later after i calmed down some . I got in a group with the mt was a pally we were doing great i had still some trouble with haveing to spam my heals at beginning of fight even with duststorm up. but it was way easier. only becaus the pallys gets at 50 a nice group heal spell not to mention a nice single target heal on a 15 sec. timer that makes us warden look silly, But I think if we were to get a 700 to 1000 hps heal on a 30 sec timer that could be the burst heal we need that might make us better in full groups as a main healer .
    I havent raided much at this level only because im not in any real big guild Just the family type guild.so uber armour or spells at master are not in my reach.I do have most of the lengerary stuff from quest. And all spells are adept1 waiting on what to upgrade to adept 3 So if any of you higher levels wardens out there can give me some advice on adep3 i shoud get Please Please Do So. Sorry about the earlier whine i made else were but we can solo great and are great in small groups which is most of what i see people doing now adays. Its the full groups that are demanding on us.

Krakes 50 warden, Toxx
  20. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

Since all the spells in the same line are on the same timer, it makes it extremely more important now more than ever to get these spells upgraded as high as you can afford to do so. Previously you could get away with lower quality spells, as you could simply chain in the lower class spells immediately after with the exception of the regen line. Don't get me wrong I am not saying this is the solution, but this does explain the big difference of opinion between decked out players, and casual players.