Warden - returning player

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Samtena, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Samtena Guest

I am a L50 Warden and I'm just returned to the game. I have up to RoK expansion.
    I'm completely lost as to what I should be working on or where I should be questing. I only have 29aa since this character was levelled before AAxp. I'm guildless and looking for one on Najena that supports uneducated players (this is my highest level character).
    I do enjoy healing for dungeon instance groups, but I don't know which dungeons are around my level. Yup, I'm pretty clueless!
    Would anyone be so kind to point me in a general direction? Any Warden-specific things I should be working on?
    Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Your references:
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    or
    http://eq2.zam.com/
    both have information on timelines, spells, AAs, and all you need to answer your questions as you have them including various dungeons at your level.
    As for guilds on your server, just hit the letter U and a list of guilds looking for players will pop up. You might use that feature several times while you play so you can ask questions like "how many players of your guild are online, right now". Other questions to ask include - general guild rules, rules of the guild bank, how many total players vs how many total accounts gives you an idea of number of alts. You want peeps to play with at your level or willing to mentor.
    You can also search for guilds under this forum - by going to the server section and then selecting your server. You also might want to check out the various threads under Tips forum and General Gameplay.
    Welcome back and hope that helps you get back into the swing of things. Good adventures to you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Samtena Guest

Thanks Alvane.
    I have been looking at those sites and they do have tons of information. For me, it's information overload at this time. I guess I'm looking more for current opinions on what I should be focusing on. I don't yet have a sense of value for quest lines and other content.
    Perhaps some content is obsolete from a value perspective. For example, there could be a great quest line but the reward is superseded due to a new expansion before you can finish the timeline. Or there might be a great timeline that I can never finish because the community just doesn't do a raid that is required to finish. Or a zone might be notoriously painful to progress through and I might enjoy the game more by avoiding it. "You're a Warden?!? You just HAVE to do this quest timeline!" Should I bother working the factions up in DoF and if so, which one?
  4. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

If it's information overload, that's because you have no focus, nor goals.
    Want a carpet - then do the carpet quest in SS - just nw of the docks. You asked about Maj'dul factions. Which one doesn't matter - so pick which ever faction - coins, blades, truth - tickles your fancy. Do you want another call? Once you earn faction you then quest for "Call of Ro" which gives you another transport option. If that isn't your goal, then don't bother.
    I have a 90/90/450/450/330 warden not only with all the portals but 2 evacs, 3 calls, transport to Splitpaw, Barrel transport to BBM, Mirror transport to Shimmering Citadel and a host of other transports in my house including Mara, Ship dock to Moors, Void transport to PotAO in Moors and carpet to PP. And I use them all at one time or the other.
    You want focus? I suggest focusing on being an uber warden - learn your spells backwards and forwards. Focus on upping your AAs to 160 by the time your 70, 200 by level 80 and 250 by level 90. Many wardens are hybrids with focus on melee action. Some stick to range spell casting. Choice is yours.
    Game mechanics have changed - learn them and how if will effect your choices of gear and even AAs. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=471667 Content is being reworked in many areas. For example DoF - since you are messin' in that area. New shinie collections in the dessert to find. North of the Oasis and Twin Tears, near an entrance to Pillar of Flames are a bunch of tents with NPCs and repeatable quests to get you faction plus house items. Nice if you enjoy decorating. If you don't then sell the items on the broker - while you earn faction.
    SoE has been revamping many zones including Lavastorm, Everfrost and a small part of SS as well as KoS. There is a cloud transport reward at the end of the Cloud timeline series in KoS, plus some class gear which is nice. But maybe not to you. I don't know. Try it - if you like the questline, continue it - if not, then move on to something else.
    You ask what is painful? I don't know what is painful to you. What I enjoy, you may not! Crafting if fun for me - I have 6 level 90 crafters and all are masters.... you might hate crafting. I don't know.
    I also suggest if you want your hand held, then join a guild that focuses on holding hands. Once again, "U" will be your friend in searching for a guild for your desires.
    I do highly suggest you try different things until you find what you enjoy doing - what makes you laugh and smile. Is it lore? Is it pwr leveling and becoming a raiding warden? It is groups and instances? Is it solo questing? How about those achievements? Just open up your journal and click the Achievement Tab - there you will find lots of goals to select if you still don't know what you want to focus on.
    Your "sense of value for quest lines and other content" will come not from someone who tells you this or that, but from your own adventures as you weed out what you don't enjoy doing and focus on things you do. And as you go along, use those references for information as well as these forums under the various threads.
    Good adventures to you.
  5. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

To make it simple for soloing, I would say go to Sinking sands till about 55-57. Then take spires to Tenebrus Tangle from a wizard port/GH port or the spires in ant or CL.
    Do repeatable quest there and then move to barren sky and bonemire doing the quest lines. Then hit Kylong plains and do the quest lines there leading up to Fens, then Kunzars jungle, followed by the quest in Jarsath Wastes.
    In the high 70's you can hit Sundered frontier and start quests there.
    Now if you are grouping I would say get to cap fast and the AA will follow.
    Go to Clefts in sinking sands, then hit Sanctum of Scaleborn in Tenerous Tangle. followed by Palace of awakened in Barren Sky to 70 or 71.
    Then go to chardok and sebilis. I box lvled/mentored a several toons from 70 to 80 just in sebilis in Kunzar jungle due to the ease of killing the frogs at teh entrance and the occasional trash legendary drop off them. Gets boring though unless you can go deeper and kill the names and move throughout the zone more. A two person group can can typically survive easir in seb then in chardok where all the mobs are 3 up heroics and hit hard. Seb has a bunch of heroic one arrow or no arrow heoric mobs. A little tougher then an overland heroic but not as bad as 2 or 3 up arrow mob.
    From there its head to the hole. If you ahve a lvl 90 friend with you, you can probably survive in the hole as low as lvl 77 or 78 in the rat side if you stay back out of the short aoe range a lot of the mobs have.
    Always keep your appropriate lvl chat window open looking for groups doing instance zones for more xp aa as you lvl up and dont be afraid to try and put one together, Whats the worst that will happen? You die? most of your xp goes to lvling and only a little bit actually goes to debt, Thats why it takes so long to get rid of it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Samtena Guest

Thanks Oakum. Appreciate the guidance!