Warden ranged weapons...

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Cogg, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Cogg Member

what ranged weapons can a warden use? can they use a bow?
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

For as long as I've been playing a warden (2006) the answer is no, wardens cannot use ranged weapons such as bows, etc. We can use spell ranged weapons... those wandy things they introduced in DoV for mages and priests that allow you to do spell auto attack. Most of us play melee, though, and would use melee auto attack, so they really aren't too warden friendly.

But now here's what gets me... yesterday I'm perusing "elite raiding guild" wardens on EQ2U. You know, just to see what they are wearing adornment wise, etc... and one of them has SHURIKINS equipped. After 6 years I now wonder what I missed. I was going to look into this last night but got sidetracked by Valentines Day candy...

I'm only half convinced I'm seeing things.
  3. Koko Well-Known Member

Priests/mages cannot use ammo consuming ranged weapons. As Foretold mentioned, the only available option are spell weapons which occupy the ranged slot.

They are unrestricted in equipping ranged ammunition, which can lead to a minimal damage increase due to triggered effects.
    Example: Burning Deathfist Arrow
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

5. Koko Well-Known Member

It isn't uncommon to equip cosmetic pieces in these slots. It was popular to equip a Swift Slicer to show progression into the Claymore Timeline, especially since the dps gain is minimal.

Free damage is free damage, however.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Mages and priests can all equip ammo (arrows, throwing axes, shuriken, etc) but they can't actually use the ranged weapons that use that ammo
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Some players have really terrible Character OCD. A raiding Warden might very well equip a shuriken there because it IS equippable, and that means they don't have to look at an empty slot on their character screen. I have a Swift Slicer in that slot for the exact reason - even though I can't use it or any other thrown or ranged ammo.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

My raiding warden carries around a quiver of arrows... to help out if rangers (or others) run out mid-raid. Granted with the ammo changes in CoE it's not an issue any more, it was quite helpful before.