warden issues

Discussion in 'Priests' started by killaan, Dec 19, 2021.

1. killaan Member

Wardens need a serious look at, in Vov we cant solo heal heroic2 and struggle alot even with dirge heals. we have 0 DR or reactive heals. unlike our counter-part fury with cheetah and amazing group buffs.
    we only have heal over time and thats useless when people are getting hit for 3b-4b.
    we kind of need people to take a hit before we can heal them
    Twyla and Ayodi like this.
  2. Edaine Member

I do agree we aren't in the best spot, but we have an arsenal of heals that are wards. Woodward, Ward of the Untamed, Clearwater Current,Spirit of Druidism and Skin Like Wood along with the 2% (each) DR from Healstorm and Photosynthesis. Brainstorm is also a 3% DR that can always be up as well.

That being said, we are definitely behind in offering meaningful group buffs. Our one class defining ability, Instinct, got a serious nerf to its damage output, but I suspect that's tied to the same mitigation issues all casters are facing. I do wish we could give some fervor/fervor overcap like Furies.

I just solo healed our group through all the Heroic II's last night, so it's possible, but requires a lot of healing output, the hardest fight being the second encounter in Predator's Perch, was over 3 billion hps.

Good luck! My profile is always open if you want to take a look. I'll be readjusting my AA's now that I unlocked the rest of the ethereals, but it's a good place to start.
    Twyla and Riverbear like this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Our warden solo heals H2.
  4. nuclear New Member

I always thought wardens were top 1 or 2 in pure healers...Is it just the dps potential of the Fury that makes everyone all giddy for them instead of the warden now?
    Twyla likes this.
  5. killaan Member

ive done the t2 and got the buff, its more the fact we lack everything all over classes have, one example is our aspect of the forest single target combat art increase 7.07 where as mystic/dirge etc do it by about 25 group wide.
    regarding furies its more thier massive fervor boost instead of above spell and thier pact of cheetah that makes them more in demand
    Riverbear likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Furies have gotten a lot of love compared to wardens or other healer classes. And it's not just dps....Pact of the Cheetah, Cleanse, etc. I recently used a bauble to create one and almost fell over at the difference between the fury and warden. Then started playing my inqy and heard Baby Jesus cry. But at least I understood why so many furies have been created and why players who are on them are having a lot of fun.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Its possible the biggest issue with tanks and healers lies in the fact that they keep making things hit for larger and larger amounts compared to our health pools. The classes that dont have DRs/Wards for those are gonna be left behind. Devs have painted themselves unto a corner with that one.

Theyd have to add those abilities to classes that dont have them or completely revamp the classes that do and the game.
    Mermut, Observing and Unnattural like this.
  8. omnielle New Member

I've experienced on 2 occasions when grouped, with one person in particular, that the heal spells change description from HEAL to INFLICT DAMAGE. Has anyone experienced this? Is this an anomaly or a hack to mess with me?
  9. omnielle New Member

My warden AA lines are predominately to maximize healing, that's the job, right. I certainly lack DPS as a result. However, I can solo heal most any zone if the group composition is well geared and understand strats. What rotations or AA lines do others use that can maximize both DPS or damage results and not lose healing capability to the group or raid? Should the auto attack be used or does it matter? I know this is rather ambiguous, but any suggestions welcome.
    Riverbear likes this.
  10. Ayodi Active Member

The problem is not the Warden, nor their uncontested championship of DoT removal on command. The problem is two fold, firstly heroics are designed for groups with 2 healers. Always have been. Yes elitists and open-wallet-spenders can build healers that might single heal an H2, might, however you would be pointing at a 1%er. The Heroic zones are built assuming 2 healers. Secondly, the choice of using high stat numbers has poisoned the entire combat system. There are few reasons for the very large increases in character statistics & across the board inflation of numbers and the result is as already stated. The problem is not the Warden.
  11. omnielle New Member

huh?
    Miauler likes this.
  12. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

There was another thread about this - and I forgot the name of the spell, but our warden on raid took it off their hotbar. We think it is a 32 bit overflow error - changing a heal to damage on the target. As the main tank - it killed me a few times in raid last expac.
    Twyla and Miauler like this.
  13. Riverbear Active Member

Clear, concise, good English.
    Excellent word use and placement, albeit an opinion not widely shared I get what was written.
    "huh" does not seem to work though.
    Be well. :)