Warden Advice

Discussion in 'Priests' started by gaymer77, Apr 5, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

So I've been playing my warden lately and enjoyed it so much & learned the ins and outs of how the class plays that I decided to boost it to 95. Now my thing is there are some min/max things I didn't learn while playing simply because they weren't relevant. So I turn to you guys reading this for tips & advice:

1. What stats should I be prioritizing after resolve & potency?
    2. What adornments should I be using in slots that don't offer potency?
    3. Speaking of adornments, does the MENDING adornment heal others when you use a healing spell or just yourself when you use an offensive spell/combat arts ability?
    4. Should I be using a staff or 1h melee weapon with a shield (if we can even use shield) or offhand?
    5. Now that I'm 95, will I get new ranks of any spells or is 95 the cutoff for learning new ones?
    6. ATTACK SPEED, does this decrease the time it takes to cast spells or the reuse time or is it a melee attack haste stat?
    Thanks for your time & help.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

1) Make sure your reuse and casting speed are both right around 100%
    Crit bonus to cap is at least as important as potency. More fervor is always good. The ability mod

2) It depends on the slot. Resists where you can put them. Melee skills are good as well. Also, if your crit bonus isn't at cap, use cb adorns over potency.

3) Mending adorns are just for you.. and they're pretty much worthless. As a warden, you're better off with cb or pot in your weapons. Wardens proc heals, wards and damage reduction when they hit with melee weapons and arts, if specced for it.

4) As you're leveling up, go with a 2-hander for added damage. At cap, in KA content, go sword and board. At lvl 100, auto-attack damage is low, compared to art damage, but procs are king, so 2 procs are better then 1.

5) You'll get new versions of spells all the way through 100

6) Haste is for auto-attack, casting speed is for combat arts and spells.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Another extremely important stat as you progress in content through the game is hp. Look for gear with max hp% increases on it. Also, on your prestige page, once you get your crit bonus to a good spot, I would put a few points in the left most bubble that boosts your stamina by a percentage of potency and crit bonus. This is the one place on the AA tree where you can add significantly to your health, and you should do so. At end game, you want to have as close to more more than 10m hp self buffed.

If you're purely a solo player, this isn't quite so important. But if you plan on using the easier level 100 heroics to burn ascension, and if you plan on raiding or running heroic dungeons, you will greatly appreciate the hp.

However as Mermut said, potency, crit bonus, casting and reuse to 100, ab mod are what you are looking at as your priority. You can tweak other offensive stats as you see fit.

If you want to solo heal in the more challenging content, make sure you have a left side prestige spec with max heals and any kinds of extra damage reduction you can get. For most other situations including raiding and soloing, going right side should be fine.

Honestly, I kind of miss my warden as a solo player. I would love to build him up again to see how strong I could make him, but unfortunately, it would be 3rd or 4th on my priority list, and right now I only have time for my main. Good luck.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Back in the days adornment with heal proc did almost nothing, i used immunity adornement (stiffle, stun) potency, crit bonus and otherwise whatever was available.

You will want casting speed at cap (100%), reuse at cap(was it 70% or 100%) , you should see ow much ability mod you need for warden you usually don t need much.