Warden AA Question

Discussion in 'Priests' started by StaticLex, Mar 22, 2017.

1. StaticLex Active Member

So in the warden tree there is the ability Reformation which adds a trigger to death prevent spells. Does this stack with the ability Saving Grace in the dragon tree? And in the tooltip of Saving Grace it says adds to primary death prevention ability. Wardens have 2 abilities so which one is the primary? When I spend points in both of these AAs none of the tooltips change for either of these spells.

The ability descriptions and tooltips in this game are absolutely terrible.
  2. StaticLex Active Member

Correction, when I spend points in Saving Grace none of the tooltips change. I do see the change from Reformations in the tooltip.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Reformation does not change the duration of warden death saves. So unless you plan on/expect to die that many times in the 10-12 seconds the death saves are up for, the AA is useless.
  4. StaticLex Active Member

OK, so looking for a response from someone that actually read what I posted and plays a warden. Anyone out there?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I do play a warden and I did read your post. I don't know if they stack. Whether it does or not, the Reformation AA is worthless. I tried it years ago and I never, ever, saw it proc twice. The duration of healer death saves have an extremely short duration. The chances of somebody dying twice in that time frame are extremely small. Plus wardens have much better tools for keeping a single person alive.. namely cyclone and the epic 1.0 stoneskin ability.
  6. StaticLex Active Member

Reformation is not worthless, it's one of the most uber AAs the class gets. lol I don't know what class you're thinking of but the single target death prevention lasts 20 seconds and the group one lasts 30 (not "10 or 12"). They absolutely work fine because I've seen it myself; the message is "Soandso regains consciousness...". Cyclone is nice but it only saves 1 person for 10 seconds and the reuse is enormous at 5 minutes. The epic clicky is OK but not really any better than the death prevention spells especially when they have multiple triggers.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if I can get 3 triggers on the death preventions with these AAs. I'll probably just have to run out and suicide in order to see.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I do use my death saves as the need arises, but I've never been in a situation where I've got people dying 2-3 times in a 20 second window...
    If it's predictable, that's what T-shell is for (group-wise). If it's not, death saves aren't helpful. If the people are horribly under-geared, the death save won't make enough of a difference. If they are geared.. my HoTs and spirit of drudism mean I don't need a death save to proc 2-3 times
    Earar likes this.
  8. StaticLex Active Member

I don't know maybe I'm doing different content than you. Tanks I roll with pull big and sometimes mobs get loose or people dps too soon and they need saving, plenty of spells go through TS now and sometimes that can be a problem, or maybe I know a stun/stifle/fear is coming and Serenity is down. Or maybe I just want to cheese past a fail mechanic. There are a hundred reasons these spells are boss imo.
  9. Anaiul Member

In comparison to Jamisia, I do use reformation but I'm a raider that's generally in a tank group so there's definitely a reason I use double trigger saves.

I don't use Saving Grace, but the tooltip on it say "increases triggered effects of the priest's class death prevention by 10%." This isn't an additional trigger. It should be increasing the hp and mana healed by 10% when the save triggers.
    Kioske likes this.
  10. StaticLex Active Member

Read the ability, the final rank adds a trigger.
  11. Anaiul Member

All I've read are your posts since I don't use Saving Grace and never have. You didn't mention end rank, just the ability. I can't read it without speccing or spending time searching down wardens that do use it... and with unwarranted hostile replies like "read the ability" it severely takes away my desire to do either.

Sorry, I can't be of any help.
  12. Lordebon Active Member

The final rank does work. If you spec into both, you'll see two separate death prevents in the examine (because of the way the one AA) works: one will say it will trigger 1 time and the other will say it will trigger 2 times. I don't have a screenshot because I don't spec into it (the newer one for the extra single trigger just isn't worth it/needed nowadays).
  13. StaticLex Active Member

Yeah it only affects the single target death prevent which is lame. If a dev is reading this the AA should be altered to add a trigger to Tunare's Watch as well.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

but the final rank only adds another proc to the solo death saver .. not the group one.

for wardens, better use reformation. saving grace is redondant and cost more to have another trigger.

yeah saving grace should work on all death saves. Some people could say .. yes but then wardens would have the upper hand. but again, if you look at quickening (wild smiting dragon AA) ... it's usefull on wardens just for 1 spell when on furies or defilers and certainly mystics, it's a great AA.

but anyway ... no need to use both. I mean 2 trigger in 20 sec is nice .. If u need 3 triggers on a single death save .. better change tank :D