Ward of Elements (a little feedback)

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-SilentTrouble, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Gungo wrote:
    While that would make a fine script for an encounter, its not an endurance fight as much as a split tanking encounter. The focus of the fight shifts from endurance to hate control and positioning from your tanks.
    This is an encounter that is not really appropriate for a x2 raid, as it would mean you need to bring 2 tanks as a minimum, one of which needs to be able to hold aggro using non melee and also using non magic (aka, brawlers and bezerkers will be unable to offtank this zone). For a full raid encounter though, it would be interesting.
  2. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    /shrug.
    Not every encounter can be the epic battle to end all epic battles. Not every villian can be plotting to take over the world. Not every hero can be the solo savior of the world.
    This is an MMO, not Indiana Jones, Bond or Lord of the Rings.
    The zone tells a story, that is where the "epic" portion of this zone comes in to play. Not the mechanics.
  3. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    I'd rather move house items than click statues. This is one of the more interesting fights in the zone. Most people get bored with tank and spank fights.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Uguv@Mistmoore wrote:
    QFE!
    It would really suck to have people just sit there and click while jousting the bubble.
  5. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Well we finally got Digg down this weekend! I just want to thank you Atan for all your insight and advice. We also managed to get Dayakara down to 40% which is much better than we have done previously. I think that given a bit of time to gear our raid force up within the zone, we will definitely get Dayakara down soon. So far, I think that the level of difficulty up to Dayakara (I can't speak beyond) is rather challenging and fun. I would like to applaud the developers on a job well done on not only coming up with challenging but workable scripts, but also on setting the bar at what feels to me like just the right level (once all the bugs were worked out). Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
  6. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Finny@Mistmoore wrote:
    It's funny to read that and to check after what gear is wearing the writer, fully fabled with mythical. You have 3000 more hp than our t1/t2 mages.
    This raid is for t1/t2 people with epic, it's easy for raiders but quite tough for us.
  7. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Is it me, or are the boulders for Aiden hyperseneitive to placement? Since the change they made we've had boulders in front of portals but the beam and adds still come out of some of them.
  8. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Not particularily , I usually put them ON the portal and then move them out till they turn green , thats the spot , you get the red text saying the portal has been blocked if it's right , so it's pretty obvious if it's not placed correctly.
  9. ARCHIVED-Erudianer Guest

well 1st named (to the left) is about right positioning
    2nd named (to the right) about moving a mob and curing
    3rd named just about testing tank abilities to keep all on you
    4th named about how much dps you can do
    5th named about having 1 person doing something while the raid is keeping attention on what buff is on and following instructions while spanking
    6th named about heavy healing and just pure AE dmg
    7th named... well I don't see the logic in this 75% less dmg whatever cause you can kill the adds and then the named, there is no penalty while you shot at them with melee or magic. This could be more interesting like another posted allready. What about following idea...
    Adds are not killable cause they respawn immediatly
    Named is rooted or.. is immun to tank classes so a scout has to tank him
    all 30 sec. or so both adds cast something which let them memwipe (which can be interrupted by certain spells)
    one add buffs 75 or even 100% immun to melee, the other magic if standing in certain range
    optional one add can do magic, the other melee dmg so the magic one could be tanked by a brawler and the other has to be tanked by a plate tankclass
    to make this all bit funny you could let them change who is tankable by whom
    just an idea
  10. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Sziroten@Valor wrote:
    It is a simple endurance fight. That is all.
    However, if you've noticed there are idols that drop now that change your dps type for 30s. The named periodically calls out what damage type is effective, if you use the idols you can get 30s of full damage if you pick the right damage types, etc.
  11. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    Based on everything youve said, it just sounds like you cant figure it out on your own or not will to even try to actually do it. Comenting on the content of the raids in your situation then becomes kind of meaningless as it is to hard for you. If you cant even do it, then of course your opnion is going to be biased. Do you really think that everyone just wants a mindless tank and spank and loot zone like you do? Thats bad design and would have ppl leaving the game in droves. If some one wants to leave for the opposit reason, i guess they are willing to riskt it.
    People who can and are dont share your opnion, you might want to take something away from that. If you would rather play some thing else any way, why are you posting about it so much? And its not really that hard AT ALL. If you think that badger badger start was hard then Im guessing you didnt do very good on your finals either. Go play a Zelda game and try to get thru it with out having to think or solve puzzles, or any other RPG for that matter.