Ward of Chaos Elements [Solo] -- is this intended?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sigrdrifa, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just figured out that there's a tome collection in Ward of Chaos Elements [Solo], so I decided to hie myself to Myrist and start running that zone to get the pages. To my surprise, even though I finished the Chaos Descending Signature Timeline, the portal was not visible.

On a hunch, I went and picked up the quest Retrace the Chaos [Solo], and once I had done that, I could see the portal.

Like other solos, the Ward of Chaos Elements [Solo] has a short reset timer... except that you can't get back in6to the zone until you can once again get the Retrace the Chaos [Solo] quest. Is this the intended behavior? I think I ought to be able to re-run the zone as soon as the lockout is cleared, not have to wait a day to go back in to run the zone so I can get one (ONE!!!) tome page per run.
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

Hmm...I distinctly remember being able to see the portal at all times after finishing the sig line. I just checked, and now I'm seeing the same results as you. It does seem strange that the entrance requirements are more tied to the quest than the lockout timer. I wonder if the Shining Mesa story zone in BoL has the same behavior...
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

what collection is this? link to eq2u?
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Bludd likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Benj Well-Known Member

I just tested with the Shining Mesa story zone from the current expac. I couldn't use the zone-in debris until I was on that step of Don't Hold Back (daily solo mission). After deleting the quest, the zone-in stopped working.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Fabled Guk Tradeskill instance is the same way, it makes you have the quest before you can enter the instance, even if all you want to do is go hunt nails.