"War of Souls" event in Loping plains

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Gungo, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

[p]Basically looking for information or disccussion on this event. Which seems to have been poorly done and/or thought out. Since afaik has only been done on ~2 servers. My final question is what is the reward for actually spending mind numbers days possibly months to do this. It better be some fabled godlike reward. And thats coming from a hardcore raider who beleives in proper itemization. But spending weeks in zones to ecquire horns that are rare random drops throughtout all eof. That then give you a 1 in 4 chance to spawn a named. Then you need all 6 horns. Then you need to have all 6 named spawn. Then you need to make sure NO one kills these named as you are trying to spawn all the towers. To start the war of souls event.. yeah lets just say this is a little above just the typical camp. [/p][p]My first reccomendation at least include some lore on how to activate this quest. A book in somborn or something. Second make the named unkillable at least until the event starts or some set time. Third when the gnolls and dwarfs ghosts rise up and begin to fight. Players should be able to join forces with the undead dwarfs and defeat the gnolls who become progressivly harder and harder. Basically a x4 epic style raid of increasing porportions. Eventually spawning a x4 epic ghost. Then not only should it incldue a typical epic chest but there should be some quest involved that allows the person who acquired all the horns some dynamic item. [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well from a lore point of view the dwarves are the agressors and the gnolls were actually peaceful. I say that if the event was designed as you suggested it, we should be able to help them instead of the dwarves too.
  3. ARCHIVED-Maldian Guest

[p]Sounds very familiar to the same type of war that was dont in Velious for the ring.[/p][p] [/p][p]Anyways, I have been looking for information on this as well as I have seen the places to blow the horns but no mouthpiece. Is there a specific quest that is for this? If so, where do I get it?[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

I picked up a mouthpiece from farming lfay for my fireknight pages.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

[p]The moutpieces are rare and random from zones all over EOF. You think the CoF was rare. LOL You never seen rare unless you started this event. And the real kicker. The named has a 1 in 4 chance of popping AFTER you use the mouth piece. Which means you should have several mouthpieces so you can spawn all the named. And for the person above me[/p][p]If you found a mouth piece can you list its named and what zone you found it. Such as the "north tower mouthpeice" in LFay etc.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

[p]How do you start this?[/p][p] Is it started once you find some of the mouthpieces or do you need to speak to someone first?[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

You need ALL of the mouthpeices (more likely several of them) then you need to spawn ALL of the named in each of the towers. Have fun and share any info you find along the way.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zanix Guest

And also, sometimes these nameds are up in the towers, without needing the mouthpieces.