Wanting to try Brawler....currently viable?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Des hen, Jan 2, 2015.

1. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Monk
    Tsunami - 20s Duration - 90s Recast / Bob and Weave - 12s Duration - 75s Recast / Tag Team - 8s Duration - 60s Recast
    Bruiser
    Unyielding Resolve - 10s Duration - 180s Recast / Impenetrable Will - 12s Duration - 75s Recast / Tag Team - 8s Duration - 60s Recast

The above is the biggest difference between the two classes.

As for stone skins, yes Bruisers get 2 reactive Stone Skin procs above a Monk and they are still good but were nerfed to he** in DoV. Adrenaline Rush didnt used to have a 45s Cool Down and the Proc Chance on Bodyguard of Stone used to be higher.

Stone Deaf is nice due to the duration and being able to cast while using it, however, it falls short compared to Superior Guard in 1 occasion. That occasion is on Barrage Attacks. Barrage Attacks hit for 5+ Attacks, stone deaf will absorb the first 3 but the remaining attacks will hit you, were as Superior Guard having Stone Skin reaction will absorb the entire attack. Aside from that, I like the freedom of Stone Deaf vs Superior Guard with not having to worry about casting or timing it.

Uhm, mitigation wise, both tanks are going to be equal in the end. Yes, one gets more mitigation while standing there and the other gets more while in combat and blah blah blah.

DPS is about the same in my opinion but its a tank.. TANK

AoE Agro, I have to say I prefer Bruiser vs Monk any day of the week, especially with the bump to Wild Beatings radius.
    Single Target, both are exceptional at snapping and holding agro. I think some tanks have an easier time over a long duration but it is not a weekness.

I, like Genghes, prefer Bruiser over monk any day of the week, however, I have played a Monk for some time and never felt comfortable with it.
  2. Hammdaddy Active Member

When hammdaddy was a Bruiser he avoided a lot more than my monk does currently because of the left side prestige, but tsunami is pretty cool because its 20 seconds of not getting hit. Overall monks still have an gap in their avoidance rotation but bruisers have a lot wider gap but just avoid more so it kinda evens out, unerf adrenaline rush/bodyguard of stone and bruisers will be as good as monks. I think bruisers are a better all around tank but for main tanking monk is the way to go.
  3. Corydonn Well-Known Member

/rant

Even before DoV that ability was kind of a crap shoot, It was nice but the amount of times my raid leader asked why I died/got two shot and the only thing to blame was the 50% dice roll not working was quite high. I really don't like having a 45 second recast on it because it feels like super poop when you can't even blame the RNG since you have no idea if the ability was on cooldown or not.

As for Bodyguard of Stone, There were a lot of things making it pretty overpowered when we were reaching 40-50% riposte chance from gear and then were able to crank the stoneskin chance up with items like Anashti Charm, Proc increase charms/proc and more abilities from groups that increased proc chance, I think at one point before the nerf you could get it up to about 50% on riposte, I know when I had my avoidance on an MT or OT there wasn't much of a time when I wasn't stoneskinned from riposting for the other person only.

With the decreased riposte chance from gear, Massive amount of strikethrough on mobs again and the fact that every tank can get that AA through a wrist proc now. Maybe it could be looked into.
  4. Hammdaddy Active Member

Pretty sure before bruisers were just like lol even if i get hit i stoneskin anyway.
  5. Genghes Active Member

Bruisers are still beast and have 0 issues in the mt role.
  6. Margaritas Active Member

Is it just me or did they forget about Brawler weapons? Where are all the fists?! All I found was a crappy legendary level 95 fist from a named in Tranquil Sea. You can't even put new adornments on it.

What happened to the sweet looking appearance fists.... Please bring them back. Scratch that. They don't even need to have an appearance. Just give me some nice Fabled fists.

Let's make 2015 the year we remembered the Brawlers and brought them back to life.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Bring back brawlers? Bring back tanks overall! Lol.. Tanks are so rare this xpac its a patience tester to try forming a PuG. Also when i do see tanks they are either a pally or a monk, bring back guardians! ;)
  8. Tsurupettan Active Member

I'm leveling a tank myself, and while it has been a fun ride so far, I feel like it's going to be a lot less fun at cap if I start tanking heroic content. I main a healer and therefore I'm currently on the outside looking in, so to speak, and tanking AoM content seems very punishing on tanks. Not only that, but player attitudes and perceptions toward them. While there certainly are patient people, often times the tank gets a lot of abuse for not meeting other people's standards.
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

Weapons overall are lacking this expac. I remember when getting a new weapon was something to be excited about. Weapons used to be one of the few amazing gear slots we'd all fight over because it'd give a clear and noticeable upgrade to our character. Now it's just another slot among many, with no difference seen between upgrades. Very sad times :(

I also agree that new content is very punishing on tanks. It's not really fun to play a tank anymore. Too few stats to move around because we have to gear completely defensively. Hate, which was all but solved with the changes to taunts, is becoming an issue again because DPS keeps increasing exponentially for scouts and mages, with no corresponding changes to fighter threat. Often the responsibility for staying alive is solely on the tank, and they get the brunt of the flak from group when something goes wrong. Really the only reason I play a tank anymore is because I don't trust anyone else to do it :mad:
    xkrisx and Prrasha like this.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

True, but i have to disagree about healers looking in from outside. There's a lot of pressure on healers this xpac. I think the problem is that in AoM progression is introduced with fights such as the "flip" named in caldera. While the fight is easy in itself it puts a lot of pressure on the tank. I myself have been scolded in there due to a few missed flips due to server lag. While that doesn't scare me away from tanking I know that fight have made one of my guilds SKs play her warlock instead and left her tank to rot. Probably other ppl aswell.
    Also in Blighwater falls there's another stressfull fight for tanks, Bipsy.. There you have to snap the adds and find the named when she ports, several times, and not get stuck on the very slim bridges while doing it. These fights are in the beginning of progression and could be a scarefactor. Because something is obviously wrong when tanks are this rare. I love my wiz and that's the toon I wanna play but too often I have to switch for my Guardian.
  11. Luhai Active Member

I'm still hoping for a 4 second delay weapon for my monk.I mean, there MUST be brawler weapons in AoM....

And It seems like everyone wants to DPS, but good luck finding a decent tank.
    That's why I've levelled my SK to 100 and started equipping him, just to have a second tank I can run the weekly quests with.
    And of course noone gives a crap whether this is your main tank or just a twink. Mages will just keep on adding stuff left and right, without caring what their blue-colored spells do.
  12. Genghes Active Member

This expansion is no different than the start of every expansion. Tanks and healers will always have to put in more effort than other classes, that's just how it is. I for one love tanking this expac. Imo tanking is easier this expac than it was in tov