Want to play a char w/ no magic or enhancements

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by BlueMistNuruodo, May 16, 2018.

1. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

Hello,

I want to play a character with no magic or magic-like enhancements in this game. I will do a lot of soloing and might join a fun guild. I am unsure if I should go PvE or PvP yet. I have played many other games, but never EQ2. Any suggestions by some veterans? (No trolls). Why no magic-personal reasons-enough said.

Thanks!
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

There is no PvP.
  3. Vokan Well-Known Member

Yep, no pvp, and every class has some sort of magic or enhancement. I guess you could strip your gear to nothing and not buff yourself, but that would mean you will just die to everything. There might be some RP guild that does that kind of thing, but you should probably seek out that type of guild first so you know where to roll your char.
  4. Seth Well-Known Member

saying no trolls with a question like that is kinda amusing. Pretty much every single class has magic. every single mob has magic. it's a mmorpg. This game is built around the very foundations of magic. and saying personal reasons for no magic kinda means only a few things so you explained them already. but it's a game it is not real life. you don't play CoD and then go join the army just to teamkill when someone steals you kill. it's common sense. just because you play a magic user in a game does not mean you will suddenly aquire a cauldron and become a "witch".
    Rhodris likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

still scout (rogues/predators) or fighters (brawlers/warriors)

they are the only one where u could say have no magic enhancement. or very little. They have buffs but not "magic" onces .. or few
  6. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

I accept light buffs for armor and weapons, such as increasing strength, etc. Where it turns to energy sapping from the enemy per hit is a no-go for me. Healing regeneration tends to be the most I will go. I do not do mana regen. I know healing regen is required to play the game, so I don't let that get to me. So, some buffs is fine for me.I won't do spells for example. If it is borderline, ask me, and I can let you know if I will do it. I try to stay on the lite-version of enhancements. I do like a challenge.

@Earar: "still scout (rogues/predators) or fighters (brawlers/warriors)"
    Could you guys help me focus on these four? Let's just go with commonsense on lite-version of what I can do regarding what I need to play without going into the magic side of it. Which ones can I play from level 1 to the end where I stay within my ideal sweetspot of no magic and still be able to enjoy the game.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Rangers tend to have some magics and don't really get into bow usage until lvl 30 or so so you melee to solo and then you continue if you don't have a tank for you, Assassin has some magics but mainly to attack and sneak up on enemies, not that much self buff. My fighter is a SK and is 1/3 spell caster, so don't recommend that, unless you don't mind damaging others, not that much self buff other than turn it on and it stays on until you die, but not sure I would recommend SK to you if you want a very magic lite class.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

Heal and revive others tend to be the only "spells" that I ever use in other games. No, I won't damage others with spells.
  9. Vokan Well-Known Member

I think you are going to be playing purely solo and not very effectively.
    Juraiya and Soara2 like this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

As long as they have fun, that's what is most important. Why I play my SK as a platemail wearing warlock who kills lots of mobs but doesn't get noticed by them... until they are dying.

No, I don't go LFG, I only group with friends and guildies. I wont subject strangers to my sub-par dps and I refuse to tank for randumb players.
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Vokan Well-Known Member

You don’t play like 99.9% of players either. If I remember correctly you didn’t do the pop timeline, level your char or get your epic. You can’t tank for pugs because, well you can’t tank. Your dime, your choice. But without your small circle of friends, you can’t participate in much and either will the op. He should really find a like minded guild before he rolls, or he will be solo, and not very good at it.
    JaySynn likes this.
  12. semisus Does not play this game

Thats not gonna work in this game , if you dont want to cast magic or use spells then the only place for you would be the tavern drinking away some beers and chatter with the other drunks who are afraid to go into the world
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

The reason why you play these Games and I mean all Games is because of the magic and escape RL. I mean do you normally cast spells and kill things in normal everyday life. or be real powerful ?
  14. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

I agree that I will likely have an underpowered character. I am okay with that. I would still like to enjoy the game for the worth that I can get out of it. Suggestions that can lead me towards a character that will lead me in the right direction will be helpful at this point. I intend to start making my character in another hour or two. Also, how would I find the right kind of guild?
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Guild recruitment forum here or once you make your toon, check the guild button and talk to any guild recruiter of a guild that sounds like it might work.

I can only suggest Assassin or Warrior, not sure about other classes for your interests.
  16. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

Since I play a warrior-like character on TitanQuest often, I am considering the Assassin and Ranger. Any thoughts on whether one is more viable than the other as to not dying when fighting lots of minions and large powerful bosses as much as a no-magic/lite-magic type of character?

I created a LFG thread in the guild forum if anyone wants to chat with me there: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...supports-char-playing-lite-magic-type.585104/
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Ranger has good AOE bow attacks so good for lots of adds. While it does have some melee attacks as well, a number of the hardest-hitting ones are stealth based. Also its most damaging bow attacks are from stealth mode.

Assassins are designed to do their most damage from stealth, but are single-target.

So depends how far you want to take the no-magic thing. Does putting your character into stealth mode constitute using a magic spell?

Most classes use magic of some sort. Maybe try a melee fighter class like monk or bruiser (not sure how much 'magic' is used with these classes though, but you may be able to pick and choose which abilities to use and which to discard more easily).
  18. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

I have not really thought about stealth mode as a magical way of going invisible, but I guess I could see that. I still might put it in the lite-magic that I might overlook. I'll consider that. Thanks.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

No magic means, no healers, no mages, no bards, no crusaders...
    That leaves swashy, brigand, ranger, assassin, guardian, berserker, monk and bruiser. The first 4 are scouts, the second 4 are tanks.
    Rhodris likes this.
  20. BlueMistNuruodo New Member

I have never played a swashbuckler in any kind of game. That sounds a bit fun. I might try that. Any thoughts? How does it play? Which is the best race? Any good builds that do not focus on going towards the magical side? I see that Fae, Halfling, and Ratonga have high agility, which a scout needs.