Want to copy from live to test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by MIdafena, Nov 18, 2019.

1. MIdafena New Member

Is there an easy way to copy an existing character from a live server to the public test server? I'd like to finish the Heroes accomplishments on a few of my toons. Thank you!
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You cannot copy from live to Test. Your live characters cannot finish the Test-only Heroes' achievement directly. What you CAN do, however, is come to Test, create a free trial heroic (there's a pinned topic in this forum about the free heroics) and earn the achievement on Test. The achievement reward is a /claim item that you can claim on live on whichever toon you want it for on that account.
  3. MIdafena New Member

Awesome, thank you Niami! I'm only recently back after 8-ish years away and there is SO much to catch up on!
    Soara2, Xianthia, Dude and 3 others like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Welcome back! We have free heroics on Test, with an unlock token available for them, so it makes it easier for folks to hit the ground running on Test. We're actually planning on doing a full puppet run today once we hear from Quillion, so keep an ear on the /test channel (while on test) or on /test.test if you're on the live server. We'll do a callout there when we're going to mobilize.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a wee bit confusing when they have Beta Test (I think it's just called Beta now) and Public Test. Public Test is a whole separate "realm," like playing on Thurgadin (Europe [or US if you're coming from Europe]), and you can make up to the usual 7 free toons here. :)

It's the Beta server where you copy folks over. :)

Uwk
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I wish sooo bad for this
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Won't happen...this isn't Beta server, where you can do that; this is Public Test server, where you can have an entire new set of up to 7 free additional toons! :)

Bad news: you can't finish up things you need to from Beta, until the next time it's opened up...by which time you might not be able to get back to the old stuff. Good news: Public Test never goes away, except for temporarily when we're on a different update schedule than others. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.