Want To Become Firiona Vie?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

By: Ry “Roshen” Schueller

It’s the season in Norrath where citizens disguise themselves, and exchange tricks and treats with their friends. What will you go as this year?

If you’ve ever wanted to go out into the world as Firiona Vie, this make-up tutorial should help you get a start on how to look like the most iconic EverQuest character!

In case you missed it before, this is not the first time this employee has been Firiona. Have you heard her greatest EQ Story?

It’s amazing to see the effort people put into their make-up and costumes this time of year! What is the best costume you’ve ever worn?
  2. Tarnorili Member

I must admit, this is something I've often daydreamed about doing whilst on my mining shift in Graystone Yard.
    HarmonyThurston, Snowmoon and Malfaer like this.
  3. Armageddoux Active Member

I do not want to be Firiona Vie ! I would like to get a rendez-vous with Firiona Vie ! not possible uuh ?
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

That tutorial does not help us to look like the most iconic Everquest character. That is the ugly version of Firiona they're pushing in EQNext.

This is the iconic Firiona Vie:
    [IMG]
  5. SandCat New Member

Does anyone have a bio on Firiona Vie? I don't know who she is and have not met the character in game.
  6. Steve-O-reno New Member

waaay back in the year 2000, my ranger character met Firiona Vie in person outside Kelethin near the abandoned druid rings while the ranger was fighting orcs. I was stunned to say the least. She was floating above the ground. She wished me well and safe journeys and told me to hang in there as some day I'd become a great combatant. She was right.
  7. Carni Active Member

The Firiona Vie from EQ 1 is, by far, the easiest on the eyes. The first posts' version looks darn creepy, so I do suppose it fits in with a Halloween theme!
  8. Rose Well-Known Member

Ok....I clicked the link in the launcher, like I always do, to read what the newest info on EQII is all about --- and it led me here. Watched the 2 sets of videos on this page, and then finally got to the EverCracked video. :) ...really enjoyed it and so I followed its origin link () on youtube and began watching the rest of the series. I must say that I really enjoyed watching the informal and fun videos showing a lot of the history and people who helped and continue to help keep EQII alive. ...been playing since 2008, and have no idea how I missed these, especially since the first upload was in 2009. So, if you have not watched them before, you should take a look. :) ...hmmm, was just trying to provide a link, but it embedded the video.:oops:
    Snowmoon likes this.
  9. Tarnorili Member

Crikey, that's a bit rough. It's funny how many folk seem to fear change. I myself think they've done a good job. It's just a bit of fun after all.
    Snowmoon likes this.
  10. Zakrul New Member

fought alongside her in Eq1 at the Battle of Bloody Kithicor
  11. Feawin New Member

So why did they kill Firiona Vie ? :(
  12. Airvh Active Member

Here is a picture of Firiona Vie being useful at my house. :p

[IMG]
  13. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

She used to hold an extra set of housekeys like that at my house... until the end of her staff broke off. It was only unglued at the insertion point in the palm of her hand, so at least I was able to super glue it back in. I no longer make her do any sort of manual labor though ;)
  14. HarmonyThurston Member

LMAO Im sure you and many other dwarves had that same dream. :)

It is actually neat how they did the transformation. Its not complicated so a lot of people can copy it, whether they want to portray Firiona or some other medieval type character.
    Tarnorili likes this.
  15. Tarnorili Member

Well, maybe if she had a little more facial hair... Heh, but no one's perfect, right?

And yes, re the transformation, I agree. I think it's simple yet effective. Having a good 'canvas' to start with that's akin to the type of cosplay you're trying to achieve certainly helps as well.