Wall of (Fury/Wrath/Rage)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild, Nov 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Yes, mitigation which goes over the displayed 80% "cap vs an equal-level opponent" counts to raising mitigation against higher-level opponents.

So putting it the other way, the cap is based on mob level... And you'll also need a higher numeric mitigation value to reach the cap if your armour is lower level (i.e. 4800 mitigation is not the cap against a level 60 mob if your armour is only level 50 - you need around 5100).
  2. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Yeah Pin my mathematic abilities is what holds me back from just bragging about the size of my [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]......:smileyindifferent:
    Think what you like Pin, sorry let me correct something i just realized i forgot to correct back there, yes you are correct, it was Azual, Hand of God King, but none the less i have been with the guild on the progression of the access and we have been lucky enough upto date to discover all the peices needed that we have found so far first because Arirang which is the guild that moved to our server that we are basically contending with has been doing other stuff.
    Guild hasnt raidied anything over the last few days that we havent already raided 20 or more times already and we dont die unless people and being stupid or stuffing about.
    Anyways like i said and have been saying all along, the skill could and may speaking hyperthectically of course which people dont seem to comprehend on how to do around here and take everything as the gospel truth, it could get adjusted, there is alot of stuff that could get adjusted because of this one skill also, dont need mathematics to see that coming.
  3. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Yep it scales up and down, Moorgard acually pointed this out a long time ago.
  4. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Believe me when I say "I take NOTHING you say as Gospel Truth".
  5. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

This in here lies a problem in itself, i understand fully how this works but i have tried to explain to many people this same thing and they believe it to be 80% capped and that it does not scale up or down.
    One thing i dont understand is how you worked this out :

How and why are you working around 10 levels when gear has a life span of 15 levels now? So realistically your shouldnt start seeing the penalty until around the level 15 mark, and as you level more and more with the same equipment it gets worse and worse and as you fight higher level mobs like you pointed out it scales to make it worse again.?
  6. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Actually, I believe I overstated the scaling for armour which is not grey (15 levels below the mobs) and understated the scaling for mitigation buffs (there's a drastic drop in the effectiveness of mitigation buffs which are lower-level than the mobs).
    However, the main point is that even with 6k mitigation, I still get smacked-silly by level 65+ mobs and I'm not about to turn down any available source of extra mitigation.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

Well, if 6000 is 100% at 60, what percent do you think 5900 is of 6000? How would you calculate that?

5900/6000 = 98.33% or .9833333

0.5214 is the same as saying 52.14%. 0.5214 is 52.14% of 1.

This is grade school math.