"Waiting for Zone Server"

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by TheRealKraggy, Jan 26, 2021.

1. TheRealKraggy New Member

Not sure if this belongs here but since I've only been playing for about 3 months I consider myself a 'new' player, so ...

One thing I find aggravating is the number of times when I'm trying to change zones, or enter my house etc. is that I sit waiting for a long time (45 secs?) sitting on "Waiting for zone server".

Why?

I presume my destination is instanced (housing seems reasonable to me given the nature of the content, but why some world zones suffer this and others don't I can't guess) but why such a long delay to get into it?

Is there anything I can change at my end to reduce this annoyance?

Cheers.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

not really but you could try, if you are playing in a window to keep the window in focus while zoning (that is not browsing the internet on the computer etc)

but you are right the game has to spin up a zone for you and that can take a while it seems. zones that are already spun up are quick to get into
  3. Kaldrun Member

consider yourself lucky for not crashing half the time when the zones take a long time to load. There has been issues with lag and zoning lag for a long time now.
    Valandra likes this.
  4. TheRealKraggy New Member

Okay, thanks for the replies, I guess I just need to be patient. :)