Wail of Woe?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-LincolnLogs, Jan 31, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-LincolnLogs Guest

I just dinged 40.4 last night and got the song Wail of Woe. The description reads something like a medium damage mental attack, interrupts caster and caster's group. So I try it out on the next pull and I dont see it doing any damage in the chat window, I try it a couple more times and still don't see any damage in the chat window. Is this spell broken? Does the damage work the way lanet's does? Or is it working fine and I just missed it in the chat window? Anyone have any experience with this? Sorry if this question has been answered already, search was down.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xeryna Guest

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=37&message.id=853

I posted this but nobody seemed very interested =P Ya the spell seems pretty useless (as well as the rest of our AEs). I did however notice just the other day, I tried casting it and got a Subjugation skill increase (104). I don't know of any other stuff that raises that skill. The description for Subjugation I believe says it affects how well you can charm enemies (or something similar). Maybe raising subjugation skill would make Wail of Woe land on higher mobs? Even if it does, I still see no use for it at all really, it's too much power for the damage it does, and the interrupt is worthless with that long of a casting time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Haddad Guest

Maybe it works like Lanet's and the damage does not get reported to chat - try it on some gray mobs outside home city and watch the damage #s over the mobs heads.
    A useless ability for a Dirge? Nah, they wouldn't do that.
  4. ARCHIVED-Landsurveyor Guest

Wail of Woe uses Sub... as stated and that is the problem. When you get it at level 40 your skill is only 100 so it will hit absolutely nothing. The only way to raise it is to use the skill so just try to fire it off on single mobs when in a group. Just do it once per fight and you won't hurt the group DPS that much and you can get it raised. When you get 44 you will see the same problem with Rezz it will fizzle 30+ times until you get the skill up to atleast 150 and the only way to increase the skill is by rezzing so it is rough.
  5. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

Sounds like some of the problems that were common in EQ1 are squeezing their way into EQ2. There were added spells when people were allowed to get above 60, which used skills that were never needed before. At least in EQ1, they saw the issue with this and made some low level fluff spells, so at least you can get the skill raised. I doubt it would be in the near future for this kind of thing to happen...