VoV and Mages

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Beee, Dec 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exilya Active Member

Dropped yesterday for us in H2 caverns.
    We run instances daily and it's the first time I've seen it.
  2. Rakh New Member

What are the stats of the Withering rune? I thought I got one the other day that offered 65 to attacks and heals, no fervor. Is there another Withering rune? Really curious for my list of must get items.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can answer simple questions like this more easily by looking the item up using EQ2U's Item Search (bookmark it!). I went ahead and did it for you.

There are three red Withering runes:
    • Empyral Rune of Withering (crafted from Voidpiercer's Adornments Volume X) -- +40 Fervor of all profession Spells, +40 to damage, healing, and warding of profession Spells
    • Void Etched Rune of Withering -- +48 Fervor of all profession Spells, +48 to damage, healing, and warding of profession Spells
    • Bloodbound Rune of Withering -- +65 Fervor of all profession Spells, +65 to damage, healing, and warding of profession Spells. Known drops:
      • Vorigan -- Mistmoore Castle Vacrul: Caverns of the Forsaken [Heroic II]
      • Thornblood -- Castle Vacrul: Rosy Reverie [Heroic I]
      • Aga-Yagaba -- Forlorn Gist: Nightmares of Old [Heroic]
      • Veranir -- Karuupa Jungle: Heart of Conflict [Heroic I]
    Miauler and Beee like this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

Doing 1/3 of the dps of an equal equiped (+-5 resolve) scout is just frustrating as mage.. Daybreak think about this !
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

6. Rakh New Member

Thanks for the info and extra finger work.
  7. Coriel Active Member

I've also seen it drop off the last named in Phantasmal and Crag I.
  8. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Test notes up…nothing mage related. I wonder if they will even post what they are changing or it will be just slid on in lol
  9. Thrundaloo Member

I agree, this expac isn't working right for mages, I had a long chat with another mage today still stuck being carried through H1 zones - the same trap I was in several weeks ago, you need other toons to carry you through over and over or spend money on the game - buy krono complete collections etc. Then once you can actually damage stuff in H1 I don't believe it's possible to move onto H2 zones without scout/tank dps carrying you through to start with.

I'm feeling extra pain in this game as a Conjy. It feels like we are the lowest of the low for dps classes, lagging far behind other classes - i consider myself well geared and know how to play my class, but the damage i put out is pitiful compared to lesser geared toons.

This is disrupting the game, it's causing morale issues and I fear it's just going to get worse unless things are balanced out better. I wish I could offer an answer, i'd be more constructive if i could.
    FuRiouSOne likes this.
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Could be the subject is too hot right now and sharing what they're doing will only fan the flames... It could also be that the individuals working on the "fix" simply don't communicate with the players, or their colleagues. Or, and I suspect it's this one sadly, they promised a fix they don't actually know how to deliver and they're still in a panic trying to come up with something. My money is on the promised mage fix being replaced with the deafening sound of crickets.

Or they just nerf scouts into the ground and adjust combat mit to compensate. Tbh that'd probably work.

Well tanks in this xpac aren't generally great dps. So I'd still expect right now to see equally geared mages out-parsing most tanks. H2 is possible without scout dps. You'd still need a bard if you had no pred/rogue, as some encounters require all 4 archetypes. Without a scout, you need to know the strats and execute them well and for longer, but it's not impossible.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

Hopefully Daybreak fixes somehting for mages... it gets worse every raid .. now mages are at 0,25 of the top 2T scout
  12. Thand Well-Known Member

i am our top parsing mage and the best i can do is 1/3 the top scout in some fights and that is With a Full mage buff group
  13. Magdaddy Active Member

You are also about 31k potency behind him, Thand, according to EQ2wire right now. That's an extremely important detail. If you had 686k potency, that would not be the case.

If people are going to discuss balance, the whole picture must be taken into consideration, obviously.
  14. vexen Member

when a 4.5% increase in total potency will = a 200% increaase in dps gg
  15. Magdaddy Active Member

It's cute that you're following me around being deliberately obtuse. The mobs we are doing are around 607k combat mit, putting Thandco at about 50k effective potency. I didn't realize adding 31k effective potency to his 50k effective potency would only be a 4.5% increase. Thank you for enlightening me with this nugget of sarcastic wisdom. You truly are the greatest mind of our generation.
    Priority likes this.
  16. vexen Member

just saying gg man. is it not a 4.5% increase of actual potency to supposedly have a 200% increase in damage? Just seems silly.
  17. Magdaddy Active Member

So you've spent all this time arguing with me this morning about mechanics while simultaneously thinking going from 50k effective potency to 81k effective potency is a 4.5% increase in damage? Alright, that's it. Where is Ashton Kutcher? You had me going there for a minute.
  18. vexen Member

Lets figure this out though. 50k effective potency to lets make it easy and say 80k effective potency. Thats about a 60% increase in damage from his spells. Still a far cry from the 200% needed to be on equal footing of a scout of the same potency. Its almost like CA's hit harder and spell bases should be increase to = them:: had to edit this cause its actually less because abmod isnt capped
  19. vexen Member

lol keep reaching man
  20. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

welcome to combat mitigation. dumbest mechanic of the 21st century
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.