Void Etched pattern recipes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dockter, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Dockter Well-Known Member

Where are we suppose to get the recipes for Void Etched patterns? I have found no recipe and no evidence that they are actually even added to the game yet.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Zone in is from Brokenskull Rock in the Moors of Ykesha at ( -1773, -967, 2667 ) COPY.To Palace of the Ancient Ones and talk to Anashti Sui ~ I Googled that so if it isn't correct that's all I got.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This answer probably doesn't belong on this post. Too much eggnog? That's my excuse today!
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm betting that these are raid drops.
  5. Dockter Well-Known Member

You lied to me!

[IMG]
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Oh dear! Yes I think too much eggnog is getting me into trouble. Honestly I have NO idea about Void Etched patterns but I did Google it and that seemed to be the answer ... maybe I got lost somewhere on way to the proper URL? Sorry ~ didn't mean to lie to you! If I gotta wash my mouth out with soap can I at least swill Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap? (((which works great on everything EXCEPT the genitalia ~ YOUCH!) Oh double dear .. now getting myself into really deep trouble. Gotta go get more eggnog .. Later peeps!
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Mowse Well-Known Member

So is it Raid drops?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're raid drops only unfortunately. Why you'd lock something useful to any player to a raid drop, heirloom is mind-boggling to me. I could see specific recipes, but including harvesting, etc. in a limited edition drop fashion makes me want to facepalm again.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

They not only locked it to just raiders they give those darn patterns out more than any other item when you do the RoS researchers quest. Usually at least 2 out of the 4 will give one of those patterns and there is not enough difference in stats for me to spend my plat and time finding someone to make one up. So, I usually delete that trash out of my bags. Just another BAD idea by the devs, imo.
    Observing, WhysperWynde and chattie like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I concur. If you really understand game mechanics, why would hand out patterns galore for Researcher rewards to everyone who does them, but lock the recipes to make them to only raiders.
    Observing, AOE1 and chattie like this.
  12. chattie Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Why do researcher quests when the reward is more than likely a pattern for a recipe i will never see, Huh? Is there anyone out there that can explain the logic in this? Oh that's right there isn't any, sorry I asked.
    So this is what raiders are complaining about lol they have to craft to get the patterns, meanwhile the crafters get patterns they cant use. That makes sense......not! Why not let crafters have both then they can finally make something they can sell that's worthwhile?
    AOE1 likes this.
  13. Tinks Member

You guys have really missed the point here. This is all to do one thing, make money.

1. Force raiders to craft, which most hate.
    2. Offer crafting boost token in the shop.
    3. Profit!

The devs are no longer in control of this game, its run by the bean counters now. Enjoy wallet warrioring.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have yet to be in raid that lacked people (other than myself) with max level crafters and eager to get recipes and craft stuff for other raid members. I dunno about everybody else raiding, but I have at least one of each flavor of crafter and most are fully leveled tinkerers and adorners as well.

You are not "forced" to craft. If you want the raid-level stats on the void etched tack, then you will have to obtain the pattern, then find someone to craft it for you via commission. It's not hard. Even if your raid force somehow has zero people with crafters, a query in the Crafting channel will pop up someone who can make the darn thing for you, for a reasonable tip.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Every raid force I've been involved with over the years has max level crafters for a variety of reasons. However, keep in mind, that harvesting and crafting are inevitably tied together, this xpac went overboard with requiring people to develop and harvest for shadow ores etc to get their shadow/illumination weapons. Secondly, the game mechanic of having patterns dropping (but heirloom only) in various ways, but having the recipe books only available to raiders is a crock of crap imho. And while we can agree to disagree, it's one of the most dumba*s design decisions I've ever seen.
    Observing likes this.
  16. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

All this to-do and they are only recipes for horse trappings and adornments? Shoes are the only solid items I see there and who really cares about shoes unless they increase speed or jump and also deliver lepraunchan enchanted mead every hour on the hour???
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I would encourage you to make about 3 or 4 high end pieces (barding or other horsie gear) that add CB and then come back and talk about your experience.
  18. Observing Active Member

Looks like there is a chance for Void Etched recipes from the higher tier overseers now. Just clear some bag space for the potions that are coming along for the ride.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Or the plethora of acrylia temp adorns.
  20. Observing Active Member

Those already existed