Voice Chat still not working.

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-dragonhawke, Sep 11, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-dragonhawke Guest

I am posting here in hopes that someone out there may have experienced a similar issue, and might be able to help provide a solution.
    On July 3, my Voice Chat stopped working. It got completely hung up on the 'You are not logged in as the character you are currently playing, would you like to log in now?' I would click yes, and then the program just seemed to go into a loop, and time out eventually with a Connection Error: 1001.
    I did troubleshoot with the Customer Service that SoE has, and followed every step that they asked me to do, including a complete reinstall. Nothing solved the issue that I was having.
    When SoEmote when live on August 7th, my Voice chat still did not work even though the SoEmote feature *did*. Not only did it work with my computer, but people I grouped with to test could see it work on their end. However, no voice.
    Oddly enough, when I logged in on August 8th, Voice chat worked!
    Then the Update came through on August 9th, and Voice chat, yet again, has stopped working.
    Now, here it is September 11th, and it is still not working. Normally this is not a big deal, as when I group with my guildmates, we either watch for typing in /group, or use ventrillo. But it does put a serious damper on trying to do pug's, or group with people outside of my guild, because there are a lot of people out there that do use voice chat, and not many who bother to type in /group anymore.
    I run Windows 7, and keep everything as up to date as I can. Buying a new laptop, however, is not an option at this point in time.
    Any advice or suggestions?
    Thank you for your time,
    --Mez
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Mezaka@Unrest_old wrote:
    Hm, I've actually seen a few tickets with a similar issue to this. I will make sure I report this to the appropriate department. Mind Pm'ing me or Seanf your ticket reference number?