Voice chat problems, started with GU63

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Icewolf99, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Icewolf99 Guest

The day before GU63 game voice worked perfectly, never any problems.. immediately after the update, voice chat cuts out after 1 or 2 words, real faint and garbled. Mic still works perfectly in Vent and all other applications, just not in EQ2. I've purchased 2 other mics, standard and USB, all 3 mics do the same in game chat. Chat shows me talking and others hear one or 2 garbled words and then it cuts out. I've tried changing every settng in the voice chat, volume up and down, mic boost on and off and different amounts. I'm at a loss. What else can I try?? This is really fustrating as it is realated to the update, but no idea what they changed to hose me up? My guild uses game chat to raid and I can't talk during the raids..
    this is just my chat, I can hear everyone else perfectly fine.
    Issue: voice chat cuts out after 1 or 2 words since GU63

Device name: Realtek
    Device Driver version: 6.0.1.6251

Operating System: win 7 Pro

Sound card: onboard chip ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard
    Sound Card driver: N/A
  2. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

A lot of people are having this issue, including me.
    This thread sums up what I've found to be the problem as well.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520908
    It seems the better your microphone the more likely you are going to have this issue.
    I'm going to grab an "el-crapo" headset tomorrow and test it, and if it does work I'll consider it rather sad that I can no longer use my 120 euro 5.1 headset in EQ2, the same headset that has 0 issues in all other forms of voice chat I use.
    Steam Chat
    Ventrilo
    Xfire
    Teamspeak
    to name a few.
    And to the support TSRs... yes this issue started happening with EQ2Emote. Once again something I'll never use is negatively impacting my gameplay.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Wurm wrote:
    I'm sorry for the late response! I'd recommend submitting a support ticket to our tech team so go through the troubleshooting process. We want to eliminate the possibilities of it being on the client side while also gathering information. Please be sure to include your Dxdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below)
  4. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

As I suspected, the cheap headset / microphone works perfectly in the game.
    Its a "client problem" but not with our PCs... its with the client changes you made.
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Are you guys still having voice chat issues?