Voice chat mic devices missing

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Jrral, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

Since SOEmote came in, the mic on my webcam is missing from the list of input devices I can use for voice chat. It's present in the Windows recording device list, it's working, Ventrilo and every other audio software I have can use it just fine so it's not a hardware or driver issue. It was working fine last week, but at some point after SOEmote got patched in the ability to select it as a mic device disappeared. The regular mic input, the digital audio input on my sound card and the modem line-in all still show up. The webcam's a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, not some cheap no-name one, and I've been using it as my mic for a good 6 months with no issues up until now. I checked the knowledge base article in the stickied thread about voice chat hardware issues, but it's not relevant to this problem.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Jrral@Unrest wrote:
    Jrral, I'm sorry you're having problems with your voice chat mic. Not sure why it isn't showing up in your list of devices but we definately want to help troubleshoot the issue. Please submit a support ticket so we can further assist you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

The problem seems to have been fixed, the webcam mic device reappeared in my input device list a couple of days after I posted. I assumed it was just a conflict between the Vivox and LiveDriver libraries over who had control of which parts of the webcam, and that a quick software patch fixed it.
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Jrral@Unrest wrote:
    Jrral, glad to know you were able to resolve your voice chat issue. Not sure why it disappeared in the first place but will definately be on the look out for any possible causes.