Voice chat issues - Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-desaril11, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-desaril11 Guest

OK, Im not sure what to do at this point:
    Issue:
    I have a friend that I have been helping, he can hear JUST fine in voice chat. He can join any channel we put him in no problem. his mic works in VENTRILLO. It has worked once in a blue moon in game. He even went and updated drivers, uninstalled drivers, we have changed settings, the mic isnt muted, the mic volume is turned up. The game is NOT hearing his mic. When he has the game detect his mic, and does the in game trouble shooting, it just doesnt hear it. It doesnt make that little recording , the one that lets you know if your mic is working. The part in game where you can recored yourself in game doesnt record anything, just dead air. I am at a loss at this point. We know the mic is working because it works in Vent.
    The reason I am trying to get it working is he just would prefer to use the in game voice vs ventrillo as he uses vent only to raid and uses it as little as possible. Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Evanair Guest

One thing to do is go into your sound control panel options and disable any other recording devices. I know EQ2 seems to want to defualt to my Webcam Mic in my laptop, so I turned it off. Hope this helps.
  3. ARCHIVED-desaril11 Guest

Yeah, we did that too..... thanks for that suggestion... ugh this is very frustrating lol
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

desaril11 wrote:
    Did disabling the other sound devices help your computer recognize your mic?
  5. ARCHIVED-desaril11 Guest

Actually, funny thing is, I think we figured it out after a while longer of messing with things. Apparently ..... with wiggling the jack plug in the jack ,..... it makes it work o_O.

It has been working this whole time in Ventrillo no matter what... but for whatever reason the loose connection is makiing it wonky in game. So he is going to replace the whole panel and then test it. LOL go figure. Thanks :)
  6. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

desaril11 wrote:
    lol Glad to know you were able resolve your issue!