Visions of Vetrovia System Requirements

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vinsav, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Vinsav New Member

Hello. I have been looking for the system requirements to get 60fps (or more) in Visions of Vetrovia. What are the recommended system requirements to be able to play VoV at 60fps 1080p. Also, what are the minimum requirements. As of now in the starting city of Kamapor (i think thats its name) in the Svarni Expanse I am getting between 20fps and 40fps. I checked out some streams and videos of people who had their fps meter on in the same area and they were all getting the same or even less.

I am not looking to talk about how the game is single core cpu preferred, was supposed to use a 5ghz chip that never came out, is 32bit etc. I would like to know the minimum and recommended system requirements for 30fps, and 60fps in the new expansion.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Here's what the official system reqs page says:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400/AMD Athlon x2 4050e
    • Memory: 3GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800/AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT or higher (comparison chart)
    • Network: Broadband Internet Connection
    • Hard Drive: 17 GB of Free Disk Space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card

OPTIMAL RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850/AMD Phenom II x2
    • Memory: 4GB RAM
    • Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 260/AMD Radeon HD 4870 or higher (comparison chart)
    • Network: Broadband Internet Connection
    • Hard Drive: 17 GB of Free Disk Space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    System requirements subject to change as the game progresses.

However, your graphics settings do make a huge difference in framerate. There's an old guide to what the graphics settings actually are doing that may help.

I play on custom settings. I have flora turned off, also have most water and atmospheric effects turned off. I use GPU shadows, and I have most of my other settings turned up pretty high. I only get 30-35 FPS most of the time, except when the game grinds to a halt before crashing. My system has:
    • Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    • 16.384 GB RAM
    • 1 TB SSD
    • Radeon RX 580 Series Graphics Card
  3. Vinsav New Member

While I appreciate you listing the older requirements. I also appreciate the link to your old post about graphics settings althought I would prefer to keep discussion of the myriad of graphics setting to that post if possible. I used your post years ago for some additional help I needed and I appreciate it.

What I would like to know is what are the minimum system requirements and recommended system requirements for VoV in particular. Are the ones you linked also for VoV? If so, what is the target fps for both the minimum and the recommended as per the development team?

If we take your system as a base then that would be around the minimum if the target was 30fps. Certainly your system is far superior than the recommended requirements that you linked. I would like to know the expected fps on the recommmended system requirements. I would also like to know what is the requirements for 60fps at 1080p.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

super high clocked high ipc cpu i would think
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

That would vary from one system to the next. What you could do is stand in a busy VoV area like Svanni Expanse merchant area with some NPCs about, toggle the extreme performance setting and then start bumping up settings whilst keeping an eye on the FPS as you pan your camera around. This would most likely change when you move from one zone to the next but you may find something that gives you 60fps at 1080p most of the time. The game is just poorly optimized in general and given the number of players on screen at any given time would always impact your FPS regardless of how steady it may be when you first tested those settings.

Even with a system that towers above the recommended settings, i still toggle balanced settings and then add a few more to make it decent looking with a reasonable framerate but it never is rock solid 60fps.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For that, you may have to contact Support via /petition. I'll bet that they just point you to the page I linked with the old requirements.
  7. Turnery New Member

Thanks for this info on your system.Im getting a acer gaming laptop with a i7 and 3060 gtx graphics card.

From the Acer store It is a Acer Nitro 5 and only cost $1199
    Kotter likes this.