Video Tours: Frostfell Neighborhood Contest 2019

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Intro

Winners

Was practicing editing videos to see what all I can do.

Bonus
    Miss Rose Bud snuggling while doing videos...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Everquest 2 ESRB Rating Teen.
    Content Descriptors: Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence. It was NOT intended for children ages 13 or younger.
    Video content may contain: Language, Alcohol Reference, Use of Alcohol, Animated Blood, Blood and Gore, Violence, Mature Humor, Crude Humor, Simulated Gambling, Suggestive Themes.
    Sennae, Merriel, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle

Title: Frostfell Neighborhood 2019
    Owner: Celestiell
    Decorator: Multiple
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Address: Tenebrous Island, South Qeynos
    Category: Massive Homes
    Event: Frostfell Neighborhood 2019 Contest

Full Version

Silent Version

3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Halls of Fate

Owner: Hauteura
    Server: Halls of Fate
    Address: Tenebrous Island, South Freeport

Full Version

Silent Version

4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul

Owner: Kallysta
    Server: Maj'Dul
    Address: Tenebrous Island, South Qeynos

Full Version

Silent Version

5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Skyfire

Owner: Treudia
    Server: Skyfire
    Address: Tenebrous Island, South Freeport

Full Version

Silent Version

6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...are you having to limit video viewing to YouTube directly to help deal with the new restrictions? :-/

Ah well; as long as we can see 'em! :D

Uwk
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I don't know what is going on. One of the videos you can watch here and other two no...have to figure out what is different in settings between them cuz I thought they all were set the same. And yes I removed ability to comment on the videos on youtube to protect myself from getting fined. I did a few other things like not showing subscribers and adding comments on rating and possible inappropriate content. The game kept crashing as well so I have to figure out what is going on.
  8. draidean Well-Known Member

I was crashing every few minutes in those houses too!! It was so frustrating especially as I was decorating one as well as running the thing, and literally crashing to desktop every 15-20 minutes. Just in those houses (I don't know if it was all the lights or the Tenebrous house zone itself) and zoning into guild halls. I was so glad to be done in there.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The crashing from the houses, could've been from the "moving parts," yeah. :-/

The YouTube folderol they're putting Ocarinah through there, I've got no clue. :( Sounds like they've got bugs there... :-/

Uwk
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I figured out the problem. For two of the videos I didn't have "Allow Embedding" allowed. I have edited those two videos to allow embedding and now you do not have to log into google/youtube to watch from this post. The video image still doesn't appear but that is okay as long as you can still click play from forums and works regardless if you log in or not. There is an option to take a screenshot to use as image and have that above the youtube video link. That would mean I probably have to create a new account for posting photos since my current one is pretty full. Not sure if this is big deal. I will make a new posting and ask people if this would be helpful or not. I will make sure any future videos I post have embedding allowed. As far as the crashing, it probably is so many items blinking and flashing and animated, etc. I can try turning downing the settings or just try to figure out how to edit so I can mash two videos together. I have never had issues with this in the past, maybe a tiny bit of lagging but never crashing. I haven't updated drivers recently but since hubby is out of town right now, too scared to see if that works...it usually resets so many things that it takes his help to get me back up and running with videoing cuz of my dang bad memory.
  11. elflover Well-Known Member

I dont think the crashing was just the house but the game itself a lot of people have been having issues on and off of various things.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, new expac... :-/

And Oaky, if you have to get a new posting site for screenshots and things, I've always had a great deal of luck with www.DeviantArt.com (don't worry about the name, that's just them attracting attention ;->). It's where all my screenshots are published, and while they do have a video option, I've never used it myself yet, so I couldn't tell you if it's an improvement, or even what-all it entails. :-/

Accounts can be made for free, if you don't mind ads in the margin.

Uwk

P.S. Lovely kitty! :D --U.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Was having issues uploading videos yesterday. Video tours are all posted now! Just have to finish making the winners video.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And some of them, the newer ones, have even the "screenshot title card" in the beginning! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Winners video was added now. Was playing around with the Winners video to see how I can edit videos. All done with this thread.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant job! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you for making this videos I was just dying to find out what an expert like you thinks
    anyway I am Squiky the ratonga I squeak guess my German took over when I spelled her name .
    And on my lot Santa crashed because the dragons tried to destroy the decorations , just like Vox does every time you do the decorating quest , after all this are her babies.
    all the angel ratongas are picking up the mess helping Santa .
    you went through a lot of work to make those videos sends big hug to Ocarina and I think you earned your wings .:)
    o and those guys over to the side with the two angels ( one cloudrat ) on AB are shepherds .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You are very welcome! I am no expert, I learn so much from everyone else (why I have to steal so much :rolleyes:). I had a ferret named Squeak he loved people so much and would come give you kisses right before alarm would go off. He would squeak like a dog toy when he bounced around sort of like my male kitten likes to do now.

Oh Vox's children! Shepherds!?!?!...see my brain really doesn't like me anymore rofl. I am loving getting back to doing videos. Big Hugs Back!
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ocarinah, for doing these videos. I do apologize for the difficulties you had pronouncing all those words, though I honestly hadn't expected that you would try to read everything the house actors said, hehe.

Each Who around the tree sings one or two lines to the original Who'ville song, except wherever it said Christmas, it now says Frostfell. The book was copied from the same website I found the lyrics at, and I thought it was an interesting explanation of the author's interpretation of the words in the original song. I did credit the website I took it from, in the book, as I certainly do not wish to be accused of plagiarism.

The porches are indeed the bottom of those urns, and those urns were also used upside down for the chimney's of each Who'ville house. When I was trying to come up with my idea as to what to do for my entry, I was running through my tradeskill area in my guildhall where I had set a bunch of items down, and I thought, hmmmm, those actually look like the perfect shape for Who'ville, lol. So I plotted and planned until I came up with what I thought was a perfect Who'ville house.

I love Dr. Seuss....my daughter grew up with his stories, and my grandchildren are growing up with his stories. Cindy Lou Who's line in my build about his heart growing three sizes that day is a memorable reference to the end of the original Grinch story, and I thought what a cool way to explain how Santa Glug came to be, even if it isn't the "true story". :D