[Video] Guide to Setting up your Heroic Character

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Heinzy, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Heinzy Active Member

I guys Heinzy here, I've prepared a nice quick to the point guide to help you get through the massive amount of setting up you might want to do as you start you level 85 char. =) I hope it helps you out.

Thank you

Finora, Feara and F9thRet like this.
  2. Dontee2 New Member

Thank you very much, as a new player I found this extremely helpful.

Would you mind recommending if there are any "must have" addons? I know in other games they can make all the difference.
    Feara likes this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This game has a really robust UI and doesn't need the huge amounts of Addons that other games really sort of require. You can go to EQ2interface.com and take a look, though.

Most would recommend a UI package called "Drums" which is very customizable - but it's hard to customize a UI you don't know the default of. My advice is to just play with the default UI for a bit so you can see what customization you wish you had, then go to EQ2 Interface and see what you can find.

Many healers like Profit UI, but Drums does everything any other UI does, and is supported by a guy who is still (sort of) actively playing.
  4. Truwen New Member

I only use a journal addon so that I can quickly navigate to a quest on zam or eq2i. Because I am usually too lazy to want to tab out and go to a browser window and type stuff!

Overall the Eq2 interface is so robust that you don't need other addons to make it better.

I forgot to comment on your video Heinzy. It's pretty darn good. You gave a lot of information, especially on how to chose what spells/abilities, how to sort them, etc. I know some of my guild mates have never used the sort feature until they made their new 85.
  5. F9thRet New Member

I just wanted to say thanks Heinzy, I even checked out a few of your other vid's also. Your help t o this semi-new guy, is much appreciated.
    Feara likes this.
  6. Heinzy Active Member

Such positive responses, wow thank you all.
    I've started this Footsteps of destiny quest line. I may document it and post it as the day goes on.

Please if you have videos of your own let me know and I'll sub to you channel as well.

Thanks again guys =)
    Feara likes this.
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

Great job Heinzy!

Awesome how your helping out the new righteous players. Keep up the good work.

Kindest Regards ~
  8. Heinzy Active Member

That is very kind of you to say Feara, =) words like that make it all worth it. thank you
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

The only one I really ever recommend is EQ2 maps. The default maps do not always have information you want on them (certain merchants or locations of housing for instance) and when they do the icons they use to denote them are absolutely MASSIVE. EQ2 maps addresses that and has lots of other points as well that can be helpful.
    Feara likes this.