[Video] Curious how a Conjuror plays at end game?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Heinzy, May 17, 2014.

1. Heinzy Active Member

This video is part of a small series I am doing.
    I am covering the many top level characters I have so that new players may have a better idea
    of how they play at end game.
    Hope you enjoy and thank you.

Malfaer likes this.
  2. Malfaer Member

These are really interesting, thanks.

I never played any casters past, like, 20. This really makes me want to.

I also like seeing the layouts other people use. I know for my ranger it's just a mishmash of hotbars everywhere; this has inspired me to do some major housekeeping/reorganization. Thanks again!
  3. Tabri Well-Known Member

Nice video but conjurer is not tier 1 dps its tier 2.dps, Wizard, Warlock, Assassin, Ranger are tier 1 only. Also conjurers are a severely broken class but still can be fun to play if you dont mind all the broken stuff on them.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Personally, regardless of toon, I have 2 columns of 3x4 hot bars with 5 hotbars in each column - arranged on the right side of the screen. (The hotbars aren't necessarily filled, mind you, but they are present, nonetheless.)
  5. Kalihel New Member

Great video! Makes me want to take up my old conjurer again. Got one for Warlock? (as that's what I'm concentrating on right now)
  6. Spritemystic New Member

Thank you for the video! I am currently a lvl 59 Conjurer, I do not have any mercs and just playing with the tank pet out. My question is there a way to drop my aggro or get my tank pet to pull mobs off me when more than one are attacking? Also what spells would you recommend maxing out while leveling up?
  7. Treiko Active Member

Give your pet more time before you start attacking, that will help. Also there are AAs in the summoner tree that you can use to help your tank hold aggro (shockwave). But in most cases it is simply better to use the mage pet. higher DPS for starters, and since it does more dps, it will most likely hold aggro better. make sure to use blazing avatar every time it is up as well. another thing if you are dead set on using the tank pet, make sure you are using the highest version of defensive haven you can. at the very least make sure that and your pet are no less than expert. same for mage pet. As a conj you have a total of 2 AoE spells (blue background usually, hits up to 8 targets around you)... earthquake which is granted as a spell, and theurgist's detonation from the summoner AA line. If you are going to pull multiple mobs, it would be best at your lvl to make sure they are linked so you can use shattered earth and ice storm. Also most pet aoe abilities are for encounters, so that will help your pet as well. That's all i got for now, hope it helped.

(edit, typos)