[Video] 45 Warlock vs 50^^ a Defender of Thyr

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Ewil, May 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-JuanOrez Guest

Yes, this is nothing special. Many different clases can do this kind of solo work.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kvenau Guest

Actually, the January 2005. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Avarimarth Guest

No other classes can do it nearly as fast as a warlock, and we risk dying alot more too, also we can't solo dungeon nameds which is another important point.
    Personally I don't think anyone should be able to solo a named even if it's 6 levels below them.

But when it comes to heroic encounters of any kind, they are meant for groups, but then personally if I was into soloing I'd prefer a longer more challenging fight with a longer downtime.
    Rather than the constant easy and fast but boring killing of existing solo mobs.

When I go up against defenders I risk alot, since they kill me with some range attack, if I get resisted and run, theres a chance I'll die, I've died alot on those defenders after seeing this video heh.
    When I go up against the ice golems in everfrost at 44^^ I risk alot less, since they don't kill me nearly as easily, but if I get resisted theres still a high chance I'm screwed.

Personally I think if they do desire to balance this ability some classes have, they need to balance the environment so it's either completely impossible or impractical.
    I don't see the problem if a person wants to level soloing heroic's if they can, is there much extra reward from it? I guess it depends on the time it takes them, since Paladins take alot longer than Warlocks on the same heroic for instance...

So the key would be to have less spaced out heroic's, put 2 together more often or more pathing of other mobs amongst them.
    Groups can easily handle 2, a warlock can't.

Why have golems spaced so nicely along that path to miraguls menagerie?
    Mix the levels up a bit, throw in some 2x single^ heroics that path together up and down the hall.
    Stuff like that.

Perhaps they could increase warlocks power usage also.

I don't like the fact wizards aren't equal dps to warlocks, but personally I don't think wizards or warlocks should be so powerful just yet, as the levels increase further though I think the balance should change and wizards/warlocks become alot more powerful.

How much learning and skill does it take to use magic? and how much learning and skill does it take to do good damage with a weapon?
    Especially considering the kinds of creatures we are fighting, they aren't all super powerful magical users themselves...

I don't like soloing much, but in Eq1 it was good because I could do real life stuff during the downtime between kills...
    The way power regen in Eq2 is I think it would be impossible to create that unless it was in an instance or specific solo zone.

I think a solo dungeon with a max group size of 2 could prove interesting. ;)
    Or maybe even make it impossible to form groups in the zone...
    I don't think an instance would be that good, a traditional Eq1 style shared dungeon would work better.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zoradan Guest

Ewil this still dosn't change the fact that I HATE RATS!
    :smileywink:
  5. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

nice job taking that down. I have a level 46 illusionist and i couldn't even dream of such things. Though, we have our place in groups, and I would even say that in solo PvP, you'd have a much harder time taking down this 46 illusionist than that 50^^. (actually, I'd cream you ;p). It's all about strengths and weaknesses. Certain mobs are weaker against certain attacks. I don't think anyone here should be crying nerf. This certainly couldn't be done against all mobs, and I'd be willing to be that fight had been losta few times as well before the recording you're seeing was posted. Give him some props, and move along. (this also directed at the nerf happy people linking this thread in other posts).
  6. ARCHIVED-Nebularius Guest

I can solo pretty effectiviely with my lowloy 21 necro and imagine that whern he grows up he will be really cool. problem I had was getting a group so I am rolling a warlock now. simply for utility and because my guild needs another one.

I think it is great and I loved the video!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

Soloed those defenders of Thyr for the first time yesterday too - was only one percent to ding 46 so I decided to try it - and won, woot! Did it right again, but just takes too long for that ~1% exp, might be I'll do it again though, nice soloing practice and loot may be nice, at least I hope so. One guy watched me do the fight though, he exited SE a short time after I started it, hope he didn't get into the "nerf the warlocks" mood at that...

How did you make that video anyway? What software did you use? Would be great to have that for raid movies etc.
  8. ARCHIVED-jaythedogg Guest

Yea, let's see a 45 Warlock take down Undertow solo in EF. Not happening, seen it attempted many times, some lvl 50 Warlocks (cough* bots) on my server have trouble with Undertow (44++ Casts divine, poison & disease, with resists to nearly all three of em) I am 43 & can get him down a bit until he resists root or starts casting on me.
  9. ARCHIVED-Panador Guest

Undertow? Where in EF is that mob located?
    Message Edited by Panador on 06-08-2005 09:52 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Renshiren Guest

Those that think that nothing is going to happen please let me know where you live/work so I can move to land of bliss. Great movie but this is like walking down the street with a few grand hanging out your pocket. Changes will happen. Look at the wizzy boards, 4 out of the top ten posts are posts about the DPS difference.
    So please keep bragging so we can get hit more often.

Kathuk
    41 Warlock
  11. ARCHIVED-jaythedogg Guest

(Response to Panador)

Undertow is located in EF, in the cavern just inside the tunnel from the main ocean area, as you are going from the docks to PF, to spawn it, you must kill all the Resonating Echoes repeatedly until it spawns. Inside said cavern is also the ghost NPC that gives out a quest to set his soul to rest, I forget the name.

Not hard to find, & btw, if you plan on trying to solo him at 46, good luck, he is a tough one.

Edit:

If you would like to see a screenshot of the room I am speaking of, look here: Highkeep dot net boards thread.
    Message Edited by jaythedogg on 06-08-2005 10:58 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Althena Guest

I am a warlock (26) and have a 34 illusionist and I really dont care if someone could solo something like this, my concern would only be....

not worth the time or possible arguements, but how bout a video without turning it away during bony grasp.
    Message Edited by Althena on 06-09-2005 08:10 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Ingrata Guest

Althena, on page Twp I asked the question regarding why he had to turn the screen away when he cast Bony Grasp. Apparently he plays on a Lap top and it cannot handle the graffix so he turns his view away. :smileywink:
  14. ARCHIVED-Darton Guest

LoL so much hate :p, let the guy enjoy his 15 seconds of fame, after all he took the time to make the movie.