[Video] 45 Warlock vs 50^^ a Defender of Thyr

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Ewil, May 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Seolta Guest

Warlocks aren't the only class that can kill a 50^^ at lvl45...but anyway gg on mastering the groundbreaking art of root/nuke ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

I look away as well. I have my graphics settings set so they are very closely balanced between looking nice and running smoothly. The animation from bony grasp makes my PC jerk REALLY badly for the duration (of the animation).

Ohh.. and its good to check your escape route incase they resist :)
    Message Edited by Fepple on 05-06-2005 10:05 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Debillus Guest

Very Impressive, but not very wise to post about.
    Expect a ninja-nerf of warlocks due to this, just as it happend to mystics, when someone was happy about their class on the mystics boards.

/B
  4. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

From what I hear DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online) isn't going to care if one class is more powerful than another. I believe Vanguard isn't going to care that much either. So they won't be doing any class "balancing" bullcrap. If you picked a gimped class deal with it instead of crying nerf every[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ingbody else. SOE has went way overboard on the nerf everything bullcrap. That's why May 13th is my last day. Just because someone can't do what another class can do they break a complete class to make a whiner happy. How about fixing the gimped classes instead. if you do that I might come back in a few months.
    Message Edited by Suraklin on 05-06-2005 03:34 AM
    Message Edited by Suraklin on 05-06-2005 03:36 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Hours of kiting, I assume. *cough*boring*cough*
  6. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Thank you :)
    The track is the February 2005 mix by John B, which, along with many others, can be downloaded from his site at http://www.john-b.com
  7. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

That's funny :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Message Edited by Lazaron on 05-06-2005 06:06 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Funny that ask! I play on a laptop which gets stuck for 1-4 seconds when I do bony grasp on big monsters.
    In the case that Bony Grasp is resisted and get stuck in lag, I'd die. So it's a personal safety thing.

The time where I turn the camera away during Chaotic Maelstrom is because I'm very nervous and move my view by accident :)

In the end of the video you see 3 bails where I have to zone out. This is the only 50^^ mob I've tried because:
    - It's the only one I've found near a zone-out
    - I'm not happy about hunting inside, less ways to run
    - They seem to have little hitpoints

I've only been killed about 2 times by them, but I've bailed... many.
  10. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

Lazaron do you want bony grasp to be nerfed?

Linking to this video in your sig is a good way to go about it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hiei_187 Guest

The video was cool, I liked it. I just rolled me a warlock about 2 weeks ago because of my broken conjy. I'm not gonna waste my time complaining on a board everyday about my class, even though I spent alot of money on adept 3's. It'll be good again someday and i'll play it then. So, for now i'm playing warlock.

That being said, why are people already whining about this on another post? You know what warlocks/wizzies do, if you wanna nuke then make a nuker.

Good parts:
    With luck (all your spells hitting) and a little skill you can solo SOME higher lvl group mobs.

Bad parts:
    Resist at a bad time = death
    Crowded areas with roamers = no go - you need a bit of space between you and the mob.

People get all up in arms about 1 class's soloing ability compared to another. If you want the ultimate solo'er then go 2 box a zerker/cleric :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Ingrata Guest

I did notice the end of the video where it looked like you took off running... I don't think everyone paid attention to that before they started freaking out to nerf warlocks... Thanks for posting the above info about why you tried that particular mob... seems perhaps others could try and probably get close to soloing it as well. Since other classes get exceptionally perturbed by the warlocks ability to solo, it's always a good plan to include this type of information.
    It's amazing you were able to solo this mob. It's important people understand that you did a lot of work looking for a mob you would be able to solo and that you did practice practice practice and ended up with a moment when everything went perfectly...but that doesn't always happen :smileywink:
    Luck to you!
  13. ARCHIVED-Eadric Guest

There are tons of classes that can do this. /shrug
  14. ARCHIVED-SunTsu Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

Doesnt explain any of it in his signiture. Leaves people to their own conclusions - and we all know what that is
  16. ARCHIVED-n0kn0k Guest

What's so special about this movie? Warlocks can even solo epicx2 mobs.....
  17. ARCHIVED-Seth01 Guest

Nice video, love the music. Lets hope there is no nerf from this :)
  18. ARCHIVED-toxifloxi Guest

I am not much impressed by this video. I am also a 45ish warlock and tried the giants in front of sol eye entrance today. I succeeded in every 3rd trial, so there is no skill needed to solo them. Just hope that you dont get a resist on your roots.
    I think warlock is not a class where you need to be skilled, just smash buttons, max your dps while you dont get aggro from mobs, and if you got aggro, stun and root and go to distance. I am happy to be able to solo high level mobs, but i dont think its the way i like to play.
    Since EQ2 is a multiplayer game, i prefer playing in a group and add my DPS and my CC utility (yes, bony grasp can be helpful while grouping !) to the groups performance.
    Please stop posting "OMG ROFL I PWNED A LEVEL 400^^^^^^ grp x 17 mob at level 41" threads. Yes, we are a strong class and its much fun, but remember, its a multiplayer game still, so using overpowered spells to solo is not very impressive.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tybr Guest

Good job.:smileywink:
  20. ARCHIVED-jaythedogg Guest

Can't kite for hours, the encounter will break.

Anyway, all this talk of nerfing if we can solo efficiently? No, not really, the "Heroic" mobs are named so, as it would be a heroic effort to take one down, solo or grouped.

Also, this game is geared somewhat like WoW (But better IMHO) & SOE will not nerf us because we can be heroic & solo at high levels. This is eq2 not EQL LOL.