[Video] 45 Warlock vs 50^^ a Defender of Thyr

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Ewil, May 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

You forget to mention one resist on a root and u ave to run, and that they have hue agro ranges. you lso used a Mana Stone, for soem reason when you have 2 better convertion ratio spells then that. And your kill rate on it beacuse u took HVB instead of the 10.7 Sec stun is slower too. Your learning but its no way amazing. Also killing mobs closer to your level that are a group of 2 is better overall exp.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Not sure which point you are trying to make there.
    The only relevant topic in your reply would be that I used the Mana Stone, which low cast time makes me enjoy using it.
  4. ARCHIVED-myriick Guest

thats cool u werer able to pull it off but its not very efficient i woudl rather kill orange single pull mobs non stop for much better exp and live if they actually do manage to get a hit off :p
  5. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kvenau Guest

Ah that's you eh Ewil? :)
    <- Zolder on nek too :)

If I have any questions on my new warlock I'll have to bug ya in game :p
  7. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

Point is, what u did wasn't amazing, you killed him using more mana and sacraficing more life then you had to, and if you fidle arround with your spell order and throw in a stun maybe you can become more effecient.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sac_joker Guest

What he did may not have been amazing or even the first time it happened, but I think it was a good show...he does it for FUN, not for XP. He may get a small rush (in game) out of posibly putting his life on the line to have a small laugh or even a bit of fun.
    Let's not tear down a fellow Warlock and tell him how bad or ineffeicient he was, he is enjoying his game and showing how great our class is that, IMHO, all that should matter.
    Message Edited by Sac_joker on 05-05-2005 09:42 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

Good job, but you did manage to make a lot of people angry that didn't know warlocks were so good at soloing ;).
  10. ARCHIVED-Cott Guest

Love to watch it... but I can barely see it... is it really dark to anyone else?

-Huutie
    -DE Warlock
    -Unrest
  11. ARCHIVED-TheLout Guest

Ya, they are just going to Nerf us if you post these things Ewil!
    <--- Malev, 39 Warlock on Nek too.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Please do!
  13. ARCHIVED-Ewil Guest

Thank you for backing me up on this.
    It's ok to help eachother improve, but when it sounds more like a flame than a helping hint, it's more destructive than anything.
  14. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

Check the main Spell & Combat Arts board... they are already using this video to call for a nerf of warlocks.... I dont know why people cant just play...
  15. ARCHIVED-Trei49 Guest

["... Point is, what u did wasn't amazing, you killed him using more mana and sacraficing more life then you had to, and if you fidle arround with your spell order and throw in a stun maybe you can become more effecient. ..."]

Nowhere did I read him saying his warlock or his feat was amazing.

His words simply said that the soloing ability of warlocks are still amazing, and as far as many other classes out there are concerned, yeah it is.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

When Scouts can kill 52^^^ Epic X 2 mobs, killing a ^^ 6 levels above you should be possible.
  17. ARCHIVED-treasureshell Guest

Defintely fun to watch!!! I am new to MMORPG and EQ2 and this clip may help me solo better once I reach mid 40's!

May I ask what D&B track was playing in the background? I love D&B too!! and Love being a she-WLK too!

~ephy
  18. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

PLEASE dont encourage SOE to 'adjust' this spell... "Yeah but we are over powered"... They will nerf the spell so its useless, just like paralysing fear.

The situation you used the spell in was an easy one. No mobs around etc. The times/areas you can use it in are very limited.
    Message Edited by Fepple on 05-06-2005 10:01 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Drackoss Guest

wizards at 50 can solo better then a warlock. kekeke
  20. ARCHIVED-Ingrata Guest

I was just curious as to why every time you cast Bony Grasp, you turned the camera view away from the mob? It seems odd to take a video for people to watch and then turn the camera view away every time you cast the same spell... you did it once while casting Chaotic Maelstrom, but we never actually SEE the mob when you cast Bony Grasp...
    Also, to those calling for a warlock nerf... this gentleman used his training spells quite a lot and these are spells that not all warlocks have... it seems silly to call on a nerf for everyone when I don't even have ½ the same training spells this warlock does...
    It would be of benefit if you would also mention if you are able to solo every single level 52^^ heroic mob you come across... people seem to blow these things out of proportion. One root break and you would have been dead... plain and simple. This is NOT a flame on your performance, but a notice for everyone who is now calling for a nerf (which is why these types of things should be clearly explained). I now feel I should post my own video of me trying to kill another mob of the same level so all can see what happenes when the root breaks :smileywink: