Vicious Gutting Change?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gaarysal, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Gaarysal Active Member

Wurmbone Crag/Wurmbone’s End [Solo]
    Vicious Gutting has had its reuse increased to 45 seconds from 22 seconds and it no longer dazes target. Monsters should now use it half as often. Vicious Gutting now roots and is cast and recast so quickly you cannot keep up with the cures even by spamming.

FIXED!

Just ran the zone with my inquis... got rooted by Dirtier with a pack of trash on me and was chain rooted so many times that I could not cure them all fast enough even by spamming cure and my mythical.

a) why'd you make this a root? i'd rather have the daze, at least i can't get dazed midair and pushed off a cliff unable to steer myself
    b) it seems like they are casting it 2x more often rather than .5x
  2. Jacksonx New Member

Looks like a decimal was misplaced on the spell timer, with it being a root at least a melee class can attempt to kill the mobs which would remove it, as it stood you either leash them or kill mobs a few at a time to reduce the spell stacking up.
  3. Draylore Well-Known Member

Sweet...sounds like train/leasing in WE got a little more interesting :)
  4. Vicah Member

Time to make more Wardens!
  5. Encori Active Member

This is not entirely correct. I trained some in there earlier today.

You can cure and keep training, but if you get stuck and unable to cure, it's due to a different trauma that is instantly reapplied - that one should be changed to a different cure type. That's the one that makes it impossible to cure anything, especially if you're a healer doing the zone normally. (and it's still trainable for an inquis)
  6. Encori Active Member

My apologies to OP, as the root greatly cuts down on simply training to the end for a lot of classes. It's easier for me because I make several stops along the way to kill named for chances at the red solo item. But when you're killing stuff think, "I'm charging my green adornments." :)

And that instantly reapplied trauma is really annoying to cure, but with vg not doing daze, the group doesn't freak out about it as much. So I'm happy with it now.
  7. Elhai Member

This change makes a new roadblock in the new signature quest line, which I ran into like a brick wall yesterday. Vicious Gutting now roots, so when I'm in Wurmbone Crag and trying to kill Merglok the Slasher, right before he does his "CLAWS! SLASH!" rampage, the one we're supposed to joust, he roots me. My defiler merc doesn't cure with any kind of reliability, and I had 3 traumas on me at once, so a cure potion didn't remove the root either. I died so many times trying it alone it was pathetic. I had to wait for my husband to come home and bring a priest toon with me to get past him.

I really hope they either change Vicious Gutting to not root, or remove it from Merglok's bag of tricks. It's kind of ridiculous to give a rooting ability to a mob you're supposed to run away from, in a zone labeled "solo".
    Tylia likes this.
  8. Foretold Well-Known Member

I can verify that it DOES root now. Right in time for him to slash and claw you to ribbons :S Luckily I was on a priest with a high end merc, so I was able to heal through it - barely. I "kited" him... as much as a melee priest can... from that point and avoided any further rooting. Definitely makes for a tougher fight when you can't joust away from the slashing and the clawing.
  9. Draylore Well-Known Member

Yeah while the recent change with the constant roots in both Wormbone solos has actually made some things better for me.....but I can bow shot kite Merglok the Slasher to death without ever having to worry about being in his melee range. Those that can't and cannot cure fast enough will really have a had time on this fight now.