Vicious Combination- reset

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Bananaz, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Bananaz Member

Bruisers have a AA in the prestige tree called Combination King which give One Hundred Hand punch and Savage Assault a 12% chance to finish the reuse of VC.

This spell seems to proc at best 5%. Im not going to argue that VC isnt a great spell but it would be nice to see it reset once in awhile while raiding. Raided last night for 3.5hrs and saw it proc 1 time.

The AA needs to be either looked into and up the proc rate or have it changed into something else for another spell.
  2. Hert Member

ill second that. it seems like a nice 'once in a blue moon' thing that happens.. pretty much never.
  3. Davngr Well-Known Member

should change ALL abilities that are resetable by prestige to have instant cooldowns. this would also cut down with the spell lag making me double hit and lose the ability all together for one round.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

IT's not your tree only. Guardians have the same with Battle Cry having 15% chance to clear Defensive Minded. They also have 15% chance on Guardian Sphere proc to clear the casts of Sever, Ruin and Decimate (Offense vs Defense Prestiege Specs). The rate appears a bit low at times but some of these resets are on very very desirable skills. 20% would be the only think I would offer a chance on 1/5 chance to reset.

This is both easier to measure for players and mathematically easier than a 15% calculation. However I do wonder what that would do for balance as I stated some skills that are reset are very desirable. Such as Defensive Minded and Vicious Combination. These resets are supposed to be "oh awesome I have that skill back" not "I hit this skill to get this back 50+% of the time."

Skill resets are like not consuming crafting materials for Tradeskillers but applied to Adventuring. It is a rare occurrence that makes you smile when it happens; as it should be imo.
  5. Bananaz Member

I cast One Hundred Hand Punch and Savage Assault nearly everytime they are up and what you are saying Estred is that with the proc chance at 12% of each spell triggering the reset and raiding for 3.5hrs it procing ONCE is working as intended?
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I average in a full raid night 6 resets on Defensive Minded. This is why I suggested making it a 20% proc rate. Not only is this easier to calculate for a player to define return for AA investment. 1/5 is much easier for a computer to calculate as it requires less decimal places and even in computer time each decimal requires further calculations.

At 12% you should expect 12/100 casts to return a Refresh. or a .12/1 ratio. Rounding you can assume 1 out of ever 10 casts should return 1 refresh. I am saying making it a guaranteed refresh would be imbalancing.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

need to add instant cool down to all these abilities, better yet to everything. it would help the problem with procs seeming less than what they are suppose to be on pretige lines.
  8. Jacck Active Member

Well, in the interest in balance, Monk's Dragonfire upgrade reset being 50% on 1 single ability either needs to be lowered or the Visc. Combination reset needs to be doubled. I have been both a Monk and a Bruiser and the disparity of these Prestige resets is hugely apperant. At 50% on Dragonfire reset, it almost feels like every time whereas the Visc Comb reset is like, never. 3.5 hours raiding on the Bruiser and not 1 single reset whereas on a Monk, I watch it happen over and over again. Hugely imbalanced.
  9. Bananaz Member

SOE you either need to change it so it refreshes a different dps style CA or up the proc rate please
  10. Netty Member

If the reset is broken ofcs it should be fixed. But tbh its hands down one of the most powerfull dps tools that any tank class get in the prestige tree. the damage output is massive from it in reckless (on aoe fights). Maybe its just me but i dont really think it should reset more often.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Both Dragonfire and Vicious combo fit your description, except one refreshes all the time and the other almost never. Does that sound fair to you?
  12. Netty Member

I have seen VC do way more dps than dragonfire. Infact Dragonfire is pretty OP aswell. So rather reduce that one than boost the other one. Boosting VC up at the same reset rate as dragon fire would be pretty insanely OP. But as i said if its not reseting at all it need to be looked at.
  13. Bananaz Member

If they feel VC is to op then make the refresh so Lighting Fist is a AOE spell up the damage about 15% and make it so One Hundred Hand Punch has a 25% chance to reset it.
    That spell should be aoe anyways.

With VC's reset the way it is makes it a complete joke please look into this
  14. Corydonn Well-Known Member

I agree with everything said above ^

On the topic of Vicious Combination, Pressure Point doesn't count as a CA when it totally should for proccing attacks. I don't even think it is classified as a spell and procs PoTM either it just... Is nothing.
  15. Genghes Active Member

it would be nice to see a better reset in vc
  16. Bananaz Member

Bump on the hopes this gets looked at by the Dev's
  17. Bananaz Member

More resets goooo
  18. Bananaz Member

I can never get this spell to reset on Boss encounter dam thing only resets on trash. So unlucky.
  19. Darkon Well-Known Member

Free bump, no. Bruisers already wreck the parse, giving them anything additional would just be beyond belief.