Vhalen's final gift to us. The Shissar knew of thier fates....

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Saroc_Luclin wrote:
    My post has nothing to do with locations of druid rings.
  2. ARCHIVED-Daarom Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    The Missing Runes on the inner circle AND the one on the Bottom are the same as you can find on every Druid Ring.
    Best place to have a look on them are Isle of Mara and your Guild hall Druid Ring.
    They show the rise and fall of the eldar tree.
  3. ARCHIVED-Daarom Guest

doublepost damn forum
  4. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Nadjira@Valor wrote:
    Second post on page 15 of this discussion, I posted screenshots of all the runes that appear on the druid rings. The missing one does appear, yes. The one intersecting the circle does not.
  5. ARCHIVED-w1sch Guest

Sry for digging out this thread.
    If anyone knows plz - how can i get the option to enter the right password at the book of sunder. I don't get any option to enter any password.
    Thx :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Thorny@Venekor wrote:
    It may not be possible anymore. You had to read Vhalen's Goodbye note left in his tower in Antonica. That flagged you for the password... But the note has been missing from the game for quite a while now.

Wait a sec. Going back over the original discussion in this thread, I wonder if the Shissar Calendar "B.T", if the "T" stands for "Theer"?
  7. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

The note's missing? I hope the book will still respond to people who read the note at least! I still haven't convinced my guild to hit Nek 3 yet. ;_;
    If the T. in the callendar is Theer, what's the B? Can't be Before, because the events recorded come into modern times, and Theer first came to Norrath a looooong time ago. Also, if the date was counting "Before Theer" I'd expect the date numbers to count down towards zero.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I got it! Maybe B.T. stands for Banishment of Theer. 3000 years after the Banishment of Theer.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Wow, that could very well be it. His Banishment would certainly be an event significant enough to mark time by.
    Edited to add: Is the note still there? I think I was on haitus at the time, but if it is I'd still like to get it, just to add to my collection. And speaking of Vhalen, anyone noticed that his red name still pops up as being on the forums every now and then? A ghostly bard of the past wandering the place, perhaps.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

He still lurks from time to time and from what I've heard, is still readily available to chat it up with the Lore Devs.
  11. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

Do you have the Idol of Everling? I thought that was the requirement for talking to the book as well as seeing the mini Vhalen in the Peacock Club.
  12. ARCHIVED-w1sch Guest

I have idol always in inv. Did most of the quests who have remotely to do with nec castle or the everling family. After checking all my stuff i still have most of the questrewards and books but im missing Beyond the rune, which i propably placed in the house of a twink before i transferred to another server. If it's the note and note is gone i can live with it :D It was just the time for me to want to know the reason. I tried to get the book talking for ages while farming nek 3 for masters :D tried it the first time when this thread was opened and im pretty sure i still had beyond the rune at this time so this cant be the fault. I just blame the note and forget about it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

The note was never something we could take into our inventories (sadly ;_; ). But if you had the Idol of Everling on you and went to Vhalen's Tower in Antonica, you'd see it somewhere in there and be able to read it. After reading it, you had the option to give the book in Nek 3 the correct password.
    Another nice place to take the idol of Everling was the Peacock Club - there is (or was) a little statue of ghost Vhalen you could see there if you had it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

The Note in Vhalen's Tower is definitely still there and accessable.

A friend found it last night with my instruction, and he followed the entire dialog with the book of sunder, screenshotting it for personal reference all along the way.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Maergoth wrote:
    Good to know. I'll have to dig out my Idol and stop by Antonica sometime this week. Does it matter which one it is? (The Nek3 verison vs the Nek version)
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

They're both the same thing.
  17. ARCHIVED-MerlinTKD Guest

Necroposting, I am...

I just went through the Nek Castle timeline for the, what, third time, I think? Had never done the Portraits, went ahead and did it, found the note, etc etc. Wanted to know more, searched and found this post, VERY cool, being a big fan of lore!

A few things: firstly, in the last few posts, Theer is mentioned as a known quantity now; who or what is Theer?
    Secondly, in the prophecies of Zeb, there's mention of a Guise of Harmony... I just recently redid the Serrated blade HQ, that points at the Missing Mask HQ; Leelav the gnome, on the beach in EL, says he hid the Mask - the Guise of the Deceiver! - in Nek Castle to keep it away from the shadowed creatures, that if they got ahold of it all Norrath could be in danger. Perhaps that's the Guise Zeb spoke of... also, I don't know if the fact that the Guise makes one look Tier'Dal is of importance... Inny created the Tier'Dal (who placed the Chelsith stone image all over Neriak), from whom came Mayong and the vampire race, Mayong being so fiercly interested in the calendar of the Shissar... leading to my third point:
    Unless I've misunderstood, the image on the Chelsith cloak - supposedly the Chelsith stone, all over EQ1 lands, not to mention Jindrack's avatar - is only a piece, the centerpiece, of the larger Shissar calendar? A piece out of it's larger context, perhaps? A piece with at least one symbol proven to be 'appropriated', which leads to the possibility that more pieces could have been appropriated - the center symbol being indentified for so long with Inny, the bottom left symbol associated with Rallos simply because it shows up with the orcs and ogres? The whole piece could have been appropriated as a giant symbol of arcane and/or divine power, without the drawers - the Bertox/Inny followers in the EQ1 Qeynos catacombs, for example - having any clue to it's original meaning.

As I only have one character at 82 and haven't yet seen much of the lore from higher-end Kunark, let alone TSO or Sentinel's Fate, it's possible some of my ramblings have concrete answers by now... anyone feel led to comment or correct?
  18. ARCHIVED-Glv Guest

MerlinTKD wrote:
  19. ARCHIVED-MerlinTKD Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Zenigame Guest

Does anyone have a clear, decent sized 'straight on' picture of this symbol? I am considering getting it as a tattoo and all the pics that I find are either old EQ1 Screenshots or too small, or taken at some weird angle.