Vhalen's final gift to us. The Shissar knew of thier fates....

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-goldfeesh641 Guest

Yeah, but a dragon soul is a dragon soul, just cause he was physically in an orc illusion doesn't change his metaphysical appearance, I would believe...
  2. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

goldfeesh641 wrote:
    From the claymore line.

It was a dragon they dragged in, in both body and soul (well, in body at least, we can only assume it was a dragon in soul as well).
    This says to me that either Tarinax took over the form of an orc inside the tower (not likely), or that this dragon was not Tarinax, in which case, the shadowmen may have control over a dragon somewhere already.
    Then again, I could be totally missing something.
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Noaani wrote:
    The thing is, according to information you obtain in OoB the shadowmen are considering letting a certin device fall into the hands of Nafagan so he can attempt to revive Vox as a test because they lack the means to implant an operative into a dragon body.
    They may have the dragon's spirit, and the dragon's body, but they didn't as of EoF have a means to use said body.
  4. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Meirril wrote:
    I guess my current thoughts are on this first dragon being talked about by Aaryonar ended badly for the shadowmen, hence the reason they are weary about playing with dragons in the future (EoF). Since Aarynoar talks about adventurers such as ourselves ransacking the Claws of Veeshan temple in Velious, I assume it was something that happened about the time of EQlive, while the OoB case seems to be rather current (or recient).
    This still leaves the question of who was that dragon?
  5. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Yes, I'm necroposting, but this is where the most discussion of the Chelsith Stone symbols happened. And a few of them have shown up now.
    First, the Appropriated Sigil of Phenomenon
    [IMG]
    This is found in two spots in the Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains - on the floor of the parents room (above) and the floor of the nursery. Based on the splashes of red surrounding it, my guess is that it is supposed to be painted in the blood of the victims. So here's the question - why are vampires using the symbol used by the Erudites?
    The other symbol is that as-yet-unidentified eye shown penetrating the circle on the Chelsith Stone:
    [IMG] [IMG]
    Particularly interesting with this one - it's found on what appear to be a pair of altars. The statues over the altars are the same as those found in the Crypt of Betrayal - the priest giving a blessing, and a skeleton mimicking the priest's blessing pose.
    [IMG] [IMG]
    Why do I find this significant? Well, altars are typically for worshipping. And I believe we were told once (though I can't find the post now) that vampires worship Anashti Sul. So the eye symbol may be Anashti's, which makes some sense considering the color pattern at the end of peacock feathers is called an eye. Though a friend of mine seems to think it's the symbol for Runnyeye instead. Still, I don't know why a vampire'd set up an altar to Runnyeye, so my vote's still for Anashti.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

-The Haunted House was designed after Unrest, which is why we see the Erudite Sigil on the floor.
    -That's the symbol for Runnyeye on those tablecloths. I don't see any indication of a chelsith symbol on them.
    -They're just skeleton statues found in the Down Below used for decoration.

This has nothing to do with vampires, actually. It's just a zone for a holiday event.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Kindayr wrote:
    From this picture of the stone, the rune at the bottom left of the circle, breaking into it - to me it looks the same as the eye symbol on the altar cloths.
    Also, the house does involve vampires, as it's been overrun by D'Ryil vampires (the clan in Neriak). I'm willing to believe that the graphics were used randomly and not intended as a hint at vampire lore, though. It just struck me as odd, and possibly significant.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    [IMG]

I think more msy be to the story then we are lead to believe, either that.. or someones got the hots for old Cristy.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Guys, it's just a halloween themed zone based off of Unrest that will only be around for the rest of the week. The contents found inside have no impact on the lore of this game.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

Looking at the Chelsith Stone and all these discussions has me slightly confused. The supposed "dragon" in the center looks a lot like the traditional symbol for Teir'Dal.
    [IMG]

So... were the dark elves using this symbol all this time all over Neriak and as a representation of themselves inappropriately? Or instead of a dragon being the doom of Norrath, will it be the Dark Elves, as they have been instructed by Innoruuk? Is this symbol and the Chelsith symbol looking alike purely a coincidence? Or did someone screw up?
    The other racial symbols from EQ1 for those who do not know of them:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    (Though I think Wood Elf should have been that silly pine tree they always had on their armor)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Eadon Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    If NotD is not supposed to have any lore value, what, if anything, do you make of the tale told about the undead in Maj'Dul?
  12. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

Eadon wrote:
    That tale comes from a book found in the Desert of Flames expansion called The Nights of the Dead.
  13. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

RaphaNissi wrote:
    Been a while since I had read that book. Last time I read it, I didn't notice any significance at all to anything outside of an explination for NotD. Now there is more of the story revealed, with more emphesis being placed on the fact that the undead were being controlled.
    To me, the story being told by the NPC takes that book from a simple explination for an in game holiday event that otherwise had no impact on anything, to a first hand account of someone living through what I assume to be followers of Anashti Sul searching Maj'Dul for something (it doesn't say anything about her, but its a logical conclusion, at least to me).
  14. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I'm not saying that the NotD event is setting up a major storyline or a huge clue to something going on. I just figure it's possible that, since we've got this major story arc in progress and a tie-in to vampires already, that the devs who put together the mansion may have taken some of that already-available lore and links to add flavor to the zone.
    And that flavoring may, in turn, give us a peek at links coming in. I still think that eye is the unidentified symbol on the Chelsith stone. And if that is the Runnyeye symbol, does that mean the goblins are going to be a factor in what's to come? Random speculation.
  15. ARCHIVED-Thrads Guest

I'd like to point out that Mayong references there being sixteen Monoliths of Theer. With the missing image on the druid rings, and there being an empty space at the rings for a 16th stone, I would say this gives thorough credibility to them being a recreation of the monoliths of Theer. The rings, I assume, were never destroyed after EQLive in the Rending/Shattering, but if memory serves there weren't 16 of them at each set of rings back them, only about ten, if that. Not that EQLive lore really should be effecting things too terribly much in EQ2, but has anyone checked that?
    Also, a co-worker of mine and I were just discussing the Chelsith stone as he's played EQLive since release and STILL plays it. After referencing the pictures in this thread he says the full image of the Chelsith stone, including the symbols of the gods, are scattered throughout EQLive. Perhaps a compilation of those locations would assist us in our search?
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Thrads wrote:
    They were found in Ak'anon, Neriak (in numerous places), Rathe Mountains (at the Lanys T'Vil temple), Lake Rathe (I'm pretty sure it was found somewhere in that zone), I believe Castle Mistmoore had one...
    They were only found in the original game, none of the expansions like Kunark or Velious. They were also only found in the eastern parts at that. I don't believe I've seen one anywhere west of Kithicor or Highpass
  17. ARCHIVED-Thrads Guest

It was in the Qeynos Catacombs and Permafrost, if I recall. It was in Buried Sea as well. I had always assumed the "dragon" symbol was that of Innoruuk.

This was apparently a heated topic about 2 years ago on the EQ1 boards:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...&topic_id=50278
  18. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

Thrads wrote:
    It's actually been a heated topic in both games over the years. There has been more info revealed about it in EQ2 than there has ever been in eq1 (as far as I know). You can find quite a few threads about it just on these boards. You can also find the symbol as Jindrack's avatar. Both he and Vhalen have talked about it in The Athenaeum interviews as well. The middle symbol is still unexplained and could be several different things.
  19. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Druid rings are found in EQLive in:
    * Toxx Forest
    * The Buried Sea
    * East Karana
    * North Karana
    * South Karana (can't port to it)
    * Jagged Pine forest (Maybe; going off the EQAtlas map where it lists it as a 'Stone ring'; haven't checked in game)
    * Kithicor Forest (Lists as a 'haunted ring' on EQAtlas, may not be a real ring)
    * The Feerot
    * Misty Thicket
    * South Ro
    * Lavastorm
    * Rathe Mountains (Not Lake Rathe)
    * West Commonlands
    * Plane of Fear
    * Timorous Deep
    * Dreadlands
    * Steamfont Mountains
    * Greater Faydark
    * Butcherblock Mountains
    * Lesser Faydark

There may be a few more, but I think that's all of them I can recall off hand.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Wilin wrote:
    QFE.
    From one of my posts all the way back in April. :)