Vhalen's final gift to us. The Shissar knew of thier fates....

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

WARNING: BACK OUT NOW IF YOU DONT WANT !SPOILERS! ABOUT THE FUTURE OF NORRATH AND VHALEN'S FINAL CLUE...

Thank you Vhalen. YO JOE!!!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Rabid-Othmir Guest

Sweet deal, where'd you run into that book?
  3. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

how do you get the book to talk?
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

My chat dialogue in the first picture.
  5. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

6. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

Someone finally discovered this part, I see. I was a bit surprised it had taken this long.
  7. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

So This is the lead For after Traks Death and all. Since the story leads over to the shissar calendar, interesting
    but some of it is missing.

So The shissar New the Moon would be destroyed and the exact date. 5595 B.T. Which was called The rune of Sunder. Dam they even had time to prepare for this move, like that last one. Though If they new of the Grey Why
    did they take a trip to the grey ? They must of saw something else in the runes the invoked them to literally Travel there.. Which makes my assumptions on them purposely succludeing them selves from the rest of moon more valid Literally they where upto something and didnt want to be bothered or post poned esp with a date deadline.

Pics 3, 4, 5 dont match right, maybe the book likes to ramble... It first tells about the Rune of sunder.. then leads onto Cazic's Plague on the shissar, in which the iksar capatalized and grew to power. Veneral sathir was the one to open Chelsith back up to gain more power. But its saying the iksar Destoryed the place later ? Did Rile destroy the place to ensure Veneral followers couldnt try for his return with the secrets in chelsith ?

Then book comes back, and says " among the many runes of this calander was the rune of sunder" Well now we just introduced rune of sunder twice lol But important note on this is that this calander knows the date of norraths Destruction ....... This obviosly has yet to come.... Sleeper might have a hand in this ?

So now we have "Queen Elizerain" entering chelsith so ....

3000 B.T. Shissar Made Calander
    5102 B.T Queen Enters Chelsith/Crosses into the grey wastes
    5190 B.T. Everling purchases Idol of mor'Tael
    5330 B.T. Lord Everling is Cursed by the Idol of Mor'Tael/ Learns its another prophecy Oblivion...
    5595 B.T Luclins Destroyed

this means Veneril did not care about the calander or didnt know about it or how to read it. Probably didnt know about it. and obvisouly the Iksar that destroyed Chelsith didnt care either ..... But Queen Elizerain goes there on a dream... And this also hints a dragon Knew about the calander ... But who ? Trak ? what relationships did the shissar have with dragons ...

One thing for certain at looking at this, shissar have alot of dam power to be fooling around with these ruins and not seemingly being effected... Everling couldnt handle even one rune....

So shissar knew the date when Cazic would attack them... so left, they knew the date of luclins destruction, so pretty much was prepared for that, Also know the date of Norraths Destruction, and now Total oblivion ? Interesting book this .
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I've been busy lately. Give me a break. ¬_¬
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Istar@Mistmoore wrote:
    Ack! Sorry. I'll fix that now.
  10. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

Ok this is weird ...

Ages go in timeline -

Age of Scale - Veeshan Enters veliouse
    Elder age - norrath races created
    Age of monuments - Rise of ralloes zek and other creations
    Age of blood - Elves forced out of tunaria
    Lost Age - Erudians Rise
    Age of Enlightment - Mages and Necromancy Discovered
    Age of Turmoil - EQ 1

So ... lets put things together here...

3032 - Shissar Encounters Cazics Revenge ... - Source "Before Green Book" Veksar Quest
    3402 - Venril tries to become a lich (Rile Enters Emporership- This must be around the time he gets into chelsith ...
    3403 - Rile forms Greenmist - Source NPC in Cab.
    5102 B.T Queen Enters Chelsith/Crosses into the grey wastes
    5330 B.T. Lord Everling is Cursed by the Idol of Mor'Tael/ Learns its another prophecy Oblivion...
    5213 Fall of torsis - source Shaman Epic (EQ)
    5345 - Everquest core
    5966 - EQ2 begins

What Im looking for here is Queen Elizerain Arrived in the Age of Blood..She realy took a dam long time to goto the wastes ....
  11. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Istar@Mistmoore wrote:
    This seems to be inaccurate.
    5102: there is no mention of Queen Elizerain traveling to Kunark, only of her death. As a prophet, everything the book spoke of could of happened in the comfort of her Felwith Court.
    The Queen conspired with a dragon. Of the known Dragons in Norrath the most likely ones for the Queen to talk to would be Woushi (who moved to Emerald Halls), Nafagan or Vox (which I find unlikely).
    There is no reason to belive the rune itself was the source of the curse. The Idol certainly was cursed, but we're not sure what caused the curse.
    Also note, the majority of the Shissar race died even though they had this calander/prophacy. There is some reason to believe they arn't trying to avoid fate. While it doesn't say that their end came with the destruction of Luclin, I'd say there are equal chances that they didn't leave before the explosion as there is of them leaving.
    It is likely they left ahead of Luclin's destruction, but not a guarentee. They trying to leave might of triggered the explosion for all we know!
  12. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

So... if the idol carries the curse that splits a person, and we now have the idol...

This could be interesting. Potential key into Ethermere? The idol splitting us gives our souls access to the Grey Wastes while our bodies are still alive on Norrath? And of course there's the ever-popular "face yourself" fights.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Istar@Mistmoore wrote:
    High Elves do live for over 800 years, remember? Thats not counting magical enhancements either.
    More importantly, I'm guessing that "B.T." Stand for "Before Turmoil" or something like that. Since there are no numerical references to how long each age lasted, it's kinda hard to tell when everything happened.
    Any dates given to a specific event is only relevant to the calender used to record them. Many races had different calenders that they all followed. Ogres, Iksar, and Shissar seem to be the most evident ones. We can't compaire thier calenders to regular time because we don't have a date in our time that references any of those events.
    The 5345 and 5966 things cannot be proven. Every server in the game (more imporantly, every PLAYER in the game.. I've confirmed this with other players) has a randomly different Time/Day/Month/Year stated for them in the /time command. There was no specific date listed for when EQlive or EQ2 started by Norrath Time.
    The only thing we can say with absolute certainty is that EQ2 exists, and always will exist until stated otherwise, in the single year 500 A.K. After Kerafyrm. Yes, expansions confirm the recording and passings of events that happened in previous expansions, but it's kind of a game mechanic in itself that the game will always be frozen in time forever, because it's the only way to explain why some NPC's are still around when they should rightfully be dead.
  14. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

sorry was my first post and was hoping all over the place..
    The queen was in Kunark in the age of blood.. Im still trying to find an exact date on that ... in 5102 the Queen Crosses into the grey wastes in afterlife ... Im trying to recall what was all there besides SH .. Vahshir, Shissar, Humans..

Dragon and elves.. yeah Woushi would be obvious on that.
  15. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    yeah its strange but more evidence points its not before turmiol .... I mean Before Turmiol the years would start at Turmoil = 0 then going up as you go back... Obviously Luclin wasnt Destroyed Before Turmoil either BUt yet the shissar calander was made before turmoil unless they secretly came back.. but That cant be either

The first pic states 5595 B.T Luclins destroyed... Its like the first thing the book says up there ;P
  16. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

Time line Deciphering is also not to hard if you have enough information leaning on one type.. The thing that will start to contradict itself is if the different times lines virtually show different year spans per event... aka

After Nameless Time line will say:

3032 - Shissar Encounters Cazics Revenge
    3317 - Veneril Sathir is born in charsis as hier to the kunzar tribe

Now ware are talking a 315 year span before these events..

Regardless of the start and end points of these time lines begin, There should always be a 315 year span between these two events .. its could say

6789 - Shissar encounter cazic
    7104 - Veneril born...

From here with enough info from one timeline calander, you can sit there and do the math.. there is enough info to figure this out, just no one sitting there trying to.

Now if the year span varied, that means ok which timeline is correct ?
  17. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

So we have this timeline:

This was directly qouted by the book

Age of Blood: Queen Discovers Calandar

5102 B.T Crosses into the grey wastes
    5330 B.T. Learns its another prophecy Oblivion...

ok So we know the calandar was made before luclin was destroyed thats a given... We know the shissar are older then the age of blood.

we know now that within a 495 year span alot was recorded and happend in regard to this calander...
    The span of the calander to when Queen enters the grey is 2,102 years .. That alot of years ... which would
    neatly fill the other ages in...

I mean is shissar older then the age of scale ? when veeshan first came onto vel ?

can tell you right now the timeline recorded via lore from EQ shows between Shissar leaving in 3032 to EQ core
    beging in 5345 is a 2,313 year span, this is coveing all the ages with blood and to turmoil ...
  18. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

"Also note, the majority of the Shissar race died even though they had this calander/prophacy. There is some reason to believe they arn't trying to avoid fate. While it doesn't say that their end came with the destruction of Luclin, I'd say there are equal chances that they didn't leave before the explosion as there is of them leaving."

This is a good theory, I'm more leaning towards that they prolly saw exactly how they where going be destroyed in these ruins and became over confident of thier progress and thought they could head it out, but still kept a back up plan .. .Either that, or they got stuck somewhere which delayed them, real close.

For some odd reason i dont view the shissar as the noble race that would sacrifice themselves for the good of time and creatures in the universe ... If we where talking a bunch of elves here, maybe lol.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Istar@Mistmoore wrote:
    But thats the thing. THERE IS NO EVERQUEST CORE DATE. There is no recorded time that states exactly when EQlive takes place on a calender in the game. Every server started off with a random date. Some servers that came after others have dates set before the previous server. There is no in-game source stating that 5345 is the year it happens in. Heck, I remember speaking to a gnome in East Freeport who said the year was something of 3447 or something like that. I checked my /time after that to see he was off by a good 300 years. (The gnome had long been removed from the game for whatever reason, because I never saw him again.)
    In Highpass, you would see the date that Highpass was established, as well as when Qeynos was built in South Qeynos by the harbor, but we don't know what calender they used to reference those dates.

As for the Shissar. Well, think of it this way: It's not like every last member of the race had full knowledge of it, or thought about it every waking moment. I'm guessing maybe less than 1% of the entire Shissar race managed to make it to Luclin. That's more than enough likelyhood that all the scholars who studied and kept note of the calender's prophecies died in the process. We have no proof that the Shissar did NOT survive Luclin's explosion yet, but it's entirely possible they forgot all about it and didn't see it coming.
  20. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Your Talking as if the variance is going to be a huge number.. It won't be ... On this B.T. Time there is 2,595 Years Between the makeing of the calander till Luclin is destroyed ...

Lets take - EQ lore 3032 - which used ealier ... to the fall of Torsis from shaman epic lore 5213 And we get ..
    2,181 Years Time frame... It basically fits together .. .Unless your going to say this new book is completly lieing on dates.

Then i can say you have a good theory, cause it could be lieing.

For shissar its a thoery they could of forgotten.. But a race normaly forced from thier orignal home .. kind a dont forget about it.