Vhaksiz The Shade

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Rageki, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Rageki New Member

Is it intended that on this fight a mystic can solo heal by doing 7mill hps, where a defiler has to pull 35-40 mill hps.

It apparently is because the mob does 20% bleedthrough when mystic healing and 80% bleedthrough when a defiler is healing.

Is this a bug?
    Darly likes this.
  2. duckster Active Member

Defiler wards been struggling on anything with bleedthrough since start of expansion. So it seems intended unless they bother fixing it now some 3 months later.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Uhm... I haven't seen any defilers struggling this expac. I can face-roll heal fights on my 10k pot defiler that my 19k pot warden can't solo heal...
    Yenatwo likes this.
  4. duckster Active Member

Perhaps thats the case in easier zones but reread what the OP is talking about and my point regarding bleedthrough. Mystics have an easier time of it on anything with bleedthrough...
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

My experience, including in raids, has been just the opposite. Defiler's epic 1.0 buff adds a heal to their wards and they've got malestorm and nightmares to heal up anything that does bleedthrough.
  6. duckster Active Member

Same group setup on the mob in OPs post(T3). The defiler has to overheal to compensate for less effective wards hence the higher hps. This is a known issue and was raised to devs as early as november.

It is exactly the same in challenge heroic - defiler has a hard time of it in comparison to mystic.
  7. Mhoramm Member

I guess I don't know about the difference in the bleed through amount, never bothered to check. Regardless, I wouldn't say Defilers are struggling to heal. Every one I see face rolls through every zone, heroic or raid. I think we can all agree the bleed through mechanic is a mess to begin with.
    Adaac and Mermut like this.
  8. duckster Active Member

I agree. Just highlighting the disparity between the two shamans...actually surprised no other defilers have chimed in yet :) Alt mystics being more capable for certain fights,solo healing shade for example, is something that needs addressed.
    Darly likes this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

I wonder when will they help other healers ?
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting. There has been zero response and zero action taken concerning the issues with the healing mechanics in the game for quite some time.
    Even non-shaman spoke out against bleedthrough before it was implimented.
    Until the imbalance between health pools and heal potential (in the form of cb, pot, ab mod) are addressed, the mechanics will REMAIN broken.
    If a healer doesn't have wards, the healer's ability to keep this or that toon alive is not determined by the healer's gear or ability, it's determined by their target's gear.
  11. Carthago Member

Mermut, I don't now what type of defiler and mobs you have. But our Defiler ist strugeling and she is about the best on Server. The harder the mobs, the more bleedtrough defiler gets. It's rediculous. Buts Devs are not responding
    Adaac likes this.
  12. Pitta Active Member

Then maybe its not the defilers problem, but the rest of the group/raid. Is everyone using self wards, scrolls, defensive temps, death prevents, mitigation increases to elemental resists, elemental adorns, are your sorcerers using their DR??... there's a lot that can be done to reduce the stress on healers. Our raid force does those things and we have no problems surviving. Make sure people put around 6 points in the prestige max health buff "Enhanced Vigor". Make sure they wear their Aspect of Pingyuan'Whatever 3set. The health one. Every member of our raid sits at about 11-14m hp out of combat, without inq hp buffs using this setup.

Our defiler solo heals the OT group. Does about 25m hps. She is a monster defiler, and is capable of much more than that. Is there a disparity between mystic and defiler? Yes. But that doesn't mean that defilers are at all struggling. If your defiler is struggling, then make sure they are rotating wards, casting single target wards on individual group members, etc.

Make sure your raid isn't low on resolve. One low raid member can make the difference between life and death for a group. Resolve > literally every other stat in the game when it comes to surviving.

Mobs that have high heal checks require everyone to do their part to stay alive. Don't expect to waltz in and have no issues when it isn't intended for you to do so.
    Azian likes this.
  13. Revanu Well-Known Member

Bravo
  14. Darly New Member

The problem for Defilers to adress their issues is that everytime they attempt to the thread is taken over by "Fix the other healers!" or "You're OP anyway, you should never ever complain - we have much harder times than you" and so on...

In addition the bleedthru issues only show up on a few mobs like the Shade or the Beguiler in challenge heroic. So the majority never sees defilers struggling in heroic instances or T1 & T2 mobs and dont understand the complaining.

You will have to have a thick skin if you want to complain about a specific defiler issue, it's like holding a rugby ball and a stampede crowd approaches to overrun you.

I have seen several threads trying to figure out whats wrong with the defiler bleedthru, but all were rapidly stifled by the "there are no struggling defilers crowd" and I'm not sure if Devs already reached a state to take it serious enough.

As a defiler who can still deal with the issues and heal Shade OT with a BL buddy I have to be honest and it IS struggling. It works but it's really hard and makes me scared of T4 and what else is coming with bleedthru around 80%. (Yes I'm cycling single wards on every groupmember)

I try to deliver data to devs & bug reports since November. To see every other issue that was addressed in discord solved within the next patch - but not this issue - is really disappointing. I never ever imagined that these differences between mystic & defiler have been intended.

What we figured out about the last weeks is that the bleedthru doesn't follow the "chain" correctly within several wards, and that's on both shamans, mystic & defiler. The reason why mystics have no problem at all with bleedthru is because it looks like an inverted BT. Whenever the defilers group is dealing with 80% BT the mystics have 20%, on 100% defiler its even really zero BT to mystic. That's really easy to heal. I betrayed several times within the shamans to verify that issue and nobody who doesn't run a mystic and a defiler on raid will ever notice the difference. Defilers think uuuh, thats pretty tough, Furys think uuuh when the Defiler struggles we will never have a chance with Templar/Fury Combo and mystics think uuuh thats pretty easy, what are the stupid defilers talking about. At the end its only the defilers group who has harder times and messes all up. Without defiler the group has not to deal with 40 mio inc hits, there are only 7-8 mio hits easily healed without Warder infront.

Please give that topic a real chance to reach any Dev, who at least can make a statement if that's really intended...

Please take a deeper look in the bleedthru report and follow the math. 30 mio are hitting the first ward. 12 mio are listed as absorbed but again 29 Mio damage is delivered to the next ward. Now it absorbs 15 Mio and 14 Mio are referred to the next ward (which would be correct) and so it goes on and on. I couldn't figure out one special ward that causes trouble. Sometimes ancient shroud delivers the correct amount BT to the next ward - sometimes not. Its the same within mystic wards only with smaller numbers becaue of the inverted BT. Maybe the problem is completely elsewhere, I'm not natural born ACT crack. But there IS something wrong.

For T4 I expect a real Armada of mystic alts to help out... my newborn 12k pot mystic can do it more comfortable than my main toon...

Pls no more advices like resolve & HP - our raid is fully T4 resolved, 10-18 mio HP without Inq. For a defiler it's a Don Quijote feeling, the more you improve, the bigger your wards become - the crazier get the inc dps numbers to deal with.

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce bleedthru - but pls make it apply correctly and give us a fair chance to deal with what's coming in T4.
    Kari likes this.
  15. Revanu Well-Known Member

Like all things related to boss combat mechanics, we can either expect a major nerf to bleedthru or a major boost entirely messing it up across the board. Playing a mystic, I've studied ACT in depth to figure out why some fights mystics just dont sustain the same incoming damage as defilers do. And then again, there are a few fights where it is the adverse affect and mystic seems to get piledrived with BT. Personally, I feel its just the natural way it is. I enjoy the concept behind bleed thru. It has totally siphoned out the good shaman from the bad; spam casting group wards is finally dead. f1-f6 shall prevail again with single targets and temps, etc.

I feel for mystics because of AA setups(if spec'd properly) bleed thru is basically negated entirely by a few major components we have at our disposal. before the RoA ward/dmg trigger was useless, but if u go study how big of a ward its application provides you'd be quite surprised, the same goes with the lifetap aspect of bolster. so there is minimum 4/6 of your group if u know how to use roa/bolster properly. Than you have torpor and oberon, Literally between those 4 abilities, 4 people never take any major amounts of damage, ontop of so many other useful spells that i can gaurantee not many use to soak damage. IE - lunar attendant and ancestral sentry (no reason those should never be cast, they asborb damage otherwise allocated to your groupmembers)

Granted I have a biased sense of healing for I am, and always will be a mystic. I just think its one of those things that may not have an exact answer but moreso a pool of speculations to provide insight allowing new paradigms to be constructed on how to circumvent standing problems.

This probably doesn't really correlate to anything related to defilers. i just wanted to type something because I'm bored af at work.
    DoomDrake and Kashue like this.
  16. Mrmacky Active Member

Revanu please clear forum chat.
  17. Revanu Well-Known Member

:(
  18. Pitta Active Member

BIG WORDS
  19. Revanu Well-Known Member

You and Mackattack are well on your way to an audit....
  20. Carthago Member

If any mystic wants to make a serious comment on defiler problems, play a defiler first please.

Do you know how we solved our defiler problems on the first T3 mobs?
    All 3 defilers betrayed to Mystic for the Fight, an than the mob was down first pull.

Either the Devs tell us, that this is intended, or they should fix it.

Everything else is ********.
    Adaac likes this.