Vex Thal Solo / Rhag'Xiuhsiss

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Elecyah, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Elecyah Member

Not the sig line instance, but the one for missions.

Me and my husband have been trying to get Rhag'Xiuhsiss dead since last night but with no luck. We've seen lots of talk about the final boss of the instance and even the one after this one, but not a peep about this guy, which has wiped us idk how many times now.

We killed the servitors to take down his buff increments. During the fight we figure that the torn asunder dot is curable only when a certain number of summoned servitors are up. But eventually it becomes uncurable, and then we wipe. Sometimes Rhag'Xiuhsiss says the servitors being the key, and sometimes the game gives a message about him having increased the number of servitors needed to cure the dot by 1. But neither of these seem to be consistent from fight to fight to be able to have the buff increment at the correct number to be able to cure the dot. IF that is the trick to it at all.

What is his deal? o_O
  2. Daryx Well-Known Member

I ran this a number of times during Erollisi Day to get the akhessar drops for the achievement. The only thing I can say about my strategy was we first made sure every single servitor was killed so his increments were gone completely. (We missed two the first time we ran it and had trouble with him.) I ran it with a paladin and conjuror, and then with a bruiser and channeler. My only take away was to burn him as fast and hard as possible till the adds start, then to concentrate on getting them killed as soon as any popped.

I had the most trouble with the bruiser/channeler since the AOEs were not as quick to come back up or as powerful as for the conjuror. I don't remember any detriment that looked curable that I couldn't actually cure. I think the most adds we had up on the worst group was four at once.

Sorry but like you I could find no info on this fight other than what I could guess from the buffs and what finally worked. I'm curious what classes you and your husband are using. I tried using the channeler's one fast reuse AOE but it has a high dissonance cost so it wasn't as useful, and the arrow AOEs mostly have longer recasts. If I remember the bruiser had about four that none of them does much damage, but it did work for us finally.
  3. Elecyah Member

Thanks, Daryx. :)

We are a warden and a swashy. We also killed all the servitors, and assumed that it would be a fairly straightforward fight after that. But unfortunately it hasn't been.

We've found that when he does his Tear Assunder -move, he puts an uncurable arcane dot on us. Right after he calls an add, and as soon as the add is called up (making his buff increment by 1), the arcane dot becomes curable. If I can't cure it, it burns through us pretty fast, no matter how much heals I throw.

We have also noticed that sometimes, on the second time when he does his Tear Assunder, and puts the dot on us again, it now isn't curable until there are two servitors up. And so on, so forth. (At most we have had 7ish up, right as we're about to wipe.) Sometimes we get the game message about it on the chat screen, sometimes we don't.

By trying to plain BURN him down, we get the farthest, maybe down to 20% of his health. But not all the way. We keep thinking that this thing CAN'T really be this hard, that we're missing something, or that there is something wrong with the mechanics.

We keep trying. At least it's easy to get back to with the tele bauble lol.

UPDATE: We managed to kill him, FINALLY!!! We burned through him and adds. Hubby died once, and I died twice during the fight. It was very touch and go. I was actually dead already again when hubby finished him off. We had the uncurable dot all the time but by the breadth of a hair managed to stay alive till the end.
  4. Twisty Well-Known Member

congratulations on pooling your wits and skills and pulling out the victory from the jaws of defeat! sounds like an exhilarating time was had by you two. good job Chrol on putting out the rare fantastic content!