Veteran Rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Estari, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Ashmen_Skimmerhorn Guest

A 90%, 4 pegasus-pulled chariot mount! Black/red, flames, spikes on the wheels, nightmare chariot. With the ability to switch at will between ground based movement and flying for the next expansion.
  2. ARCHIVED-chrystalwarrior Guest

I would love a CoV that works (currently averaging one success for every five attempts!)
    and
    additional character slots (come on...we know it can be done!)
    The t-shirt is looking pretty attractive though.
  3. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

in your inventory window you switch to misc. tab ( there's also combat tab, general tab) on the bottom of misc. window you see account age
  4. ARCHIVED-canyoncan Guest

I would hope long term vets would get good, even great rewards. We have been paying our money to them month after month. We are here loyally. Does SOE make more money off the people that try for a month or 2 and quit or the ones that stay year after year...hmmmmm. Not rocket science.
    Maybe make it more positive for us veterans to help out newbies....I remember standing in newbie zones in eq1 and handing out armor and a few coins to new players. I would like to see that done more in eq2. Now there could be servers doing this already but i haven't seen it on the 2 servers I play on. I used to do it more....think i might again. I used to randomly mail items and spell scrolls to the appropriate classes at the right levels. JFTHOI. Nice gestures can't make things bad.
  5. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

That worked in EQ1 because items didn't have lvl requirements, nor did the buffs. i always enjoyed making a little extra coin offering spirit of the Eagle or ports to people, or as you said hand out items that were of no use to you, but a great upgrade to a new player.
    Unfortunately at lower levels the best gear is usually mastercrafted and even as a T9 master Armorer it takes me pretty much the same ammount of time to craft a T2 armor set as it does to craft a set of lvl 80 or 90 BG armor. Now if i was actually able to craft as if i really was a master armorer, ie craft an entire T2 set in one crafting process, i'd maybe consider handing out stuff just for fun, but as it is now it's too time consuming for my taste.
  6. ARCHIVED-DxPreist1 Guest

Wish list for 7 year vet reward -
    Extra character slot(s) - wish it would, but will probably not ever happen
    Mansion of the Dedicated Ticket - Small Guild Hall size shared appartment -rent free (base rent anyway) housing that all characters on an account can access with some of the amenities of a real GH at added rent rates people coming to the house that are not on the account may not use amenities at all, but may visit and buy from broker boxes. Each character may have their own housing as well as account access to their own mini-hall, complete with recall option and transportation if they wish to pay rent or use as a "Clubhouse" for free. They could be set in neutral areas so anyone could visit or get to them, for instance Paineel would be a good place, as would Terens Grasp - This would be AWESOME! and again probably never happen....
    And for the super wish.... One per account claimable item, Instant pop one toon to max level with max AA... Hey if they're WISHES why waste em on something lame right??
    Other than that, I think getting flying mounts before the expansion drops that no one else can get would be bomb..... I am thinking your choice of Clockwork Dragon or Clockwork Pegasus in you choice of SIlver, Gold, Black, White, Pink, or Rust colored on each would be super sweet.... GDI!! Make this happen Sony!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Khandor Guest

Levatino wrote:
    I'd like to see em remove the bone requirement for the petrified eyes that I've been asking for for 6 years. >.<
  8. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

I know it's COMPLETELY unrealistic... but I'd love to see customization options only available to people who have been with the game for a certain length of time. Like perhaps a hairstyle per race/sex or something like that. Something that REALLY really stands out. Again, not realistic, but hey a girl can dream.
    I have some realistic ideas too, but I've shared them before. :D
  9. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I was thinking along these lines:
    • A set of AA potions, because they've never been rewarded as a veteran reward
    • An unlimited duration bauble that doubles experience gained.
    • A prefix title as they haven't been awarded before, such as "The Insane"
    • Personal Wizard Portal and Druid Ring summoner
    Also a one time Veteran reward consisting of one of the following (player chooses):
    • Character Copy Token
    • Character Transfer Token
    • Norrathian Witness Protection Pack
    • Witness Protection Pack
    Also a free account flag of Sentinel's Fate, if for some strange reason the person doesn't have it yet managed to be a subscriber for that long.
  10. ARCHIVED-Khandor Guest

Actually, on top of what everyone else says, I think I really really could use another character slot as a veteran. :/
  11. ARCHIVED-Vexil Guest

Access to parts of the castles. Put in a few status quests only retrievable from there. It would also give long term vets a place to meet each other.
  12. ARCHIVED-warwizard_! Guest

The idea of having a one time use per account that auto maxed a single toon with experience and aa would be awesome.
  13. ARCHIVED-PlaneCrazy Guest

Proud_Silence wrote:
    Thanks for the info!
  14. ARCHIVED-Zin`Carla Guest

i think the house idea is great but ONLY if they put them in ALL cities. I currently have the rent / status free house i won from the free LoN packs but i am stuck in Fleaport... i hate Fleaport. Cant understand why there isn't the same thing available in Neriak (or GFay, Gorowyn for those it matters to). It's funny, my citizenship is still Neriak but i live in Fleaport. hate it.
    /rant off
    Anyway, as for 7 year awards... Keep in mind, any and every idea you propose here, SOE will see as a viable option to make as a Station Cash item. You can be pretty much guaranteed that the 7 year award will be nothing more than a nominal amount of "free" station cash to be used to purchase any one of these great ideas you've proposed here. count on it. You'll "get waht you wanted" as a 7 year award and everyone else on the server who hasn't put in the time, will be able to buy the items as well. SOE will "make everyone happy" then.
  15. ARCHIVED-Moonwillow Guest

Luinne@Kithicor wrote:
    I see this as a highly cynical and unfair belief. There isn't a station cash equivilent to CoV, either vitality bauble, veterans reward display case, housing cost reduction treasure chest, ect, why should you believe all future rewards will be?
    I, for one, am hoping for a special house and/or extra character slots.
  16. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

I would love additional character slots.
    I would like to see an item though instead of exp potions. A one per character item usable once every 7 days that offers 200% AA/adventure/trade skill exp for 4 hours and stacks with current potions. Would be nice.
    Second the housing idea. But the housing that we get should have the option to have a NEW call to it, much like a guild hall (i have WWAAYY too many alts and don't have them jam packed into our raid guild). Would be nice for them to have a druid/wizard portal also.
    Last but not least. I would LOVE to have a FULL armor set for 7 year vet rewards. Yes, we have had hats, cloaks, random illusion pets, but i want a full armor set like the dark elf heritage set.
  17. ARCHIVED-Coho1 Guest

Character copy tokens would be cool...
  18. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Koho@Butcherblock wrote:
    That would be freakin hilarious.
    Gratz on 7 year reward.... Now please transfer to eq2x.
    The more I think about this the more appealing jumping to eq2x seems to me.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cdtek Guest

Gungo wrote:
    Do you work for sony? Every dam one of your messages in pushing eq2x stop already... no one gives a crap.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Cdtek wrote:
    Sorry I am not pro eq2x. The only recent pro eq2x post i sent out was to a guy on a livegamer server who wanted off that crap box and I told him how.
    I see now you found your niche, instead of being a crappy player on crushbone you ended up farming plat to sell to people on livegamer. I am sorry your live gamer server is a cesspool and you can no longer sell your plat you farm for real life cash but honestly no one gives a crap about livegamer or you.
    eq2x may suck but exchange was a bigger piece of crap. At least now people stuck on exchange can copy off that hellhole and sell thier original toon to recoup some of the loss.