Vet reward Orb of Concentrated Memories

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Galeden, Nov 7, 2008.

  1. ARCHIVED-Galeden Guest

    If you havent seen it, the 5 year vet rewards have been posted
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...ws&locale=en_US
    So... any other tradeskiller feel ripped off by this? I'd be happy if you got to choose each week weither crafting or adventure vitality was renewed, one or the other sounds right to me, both would be ok, but just giving it to adventurers seems very one sided.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

    I hear ya, but crafting is way easier to level than adventuring.
  3. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

    Galeden wrote:
    The link goes right to the birthday announcement of the times of the partys on servers, but nothing on the listing of the rewards...
  4. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

    Crafting is simple enough as it is ......
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

    Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    Looks like it got overwritten or pulled. Even Kiara's link in the Community forum has the party details but nothing about the vet rewards.
  6. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

    I still have the rewards in one of my tabs, but if I reload the page, they are gone. I don't know if they are going to change them.
    But how they _were_ (probably emphasis on were):
    Fireworks
    Pixie on a String (pixie that seems to sit on your shoulder)
    Draft of the Sage (x3)
    Draft of the Expert (x3)
    Orb of Concentrated Memories (item with unlimited charges, that can refill adventurer vitality once per week)

    If the link has been pulled, it could be because they are making changes, so the above will probably not be the right vet rewards, just as a note of caution.
    But this way people can see what the OP is talking about.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

    Considering I have never once in 4 years gotten my adventuring vitality below 25%, while my crafting vitality goes to 0 almost every time I sit down for a crafting session, my guess is it was adventurer-only because it keeps it more or less a fluff item, with relatively small in-game consequences. Not to mention they're doing their best to get everyone to end-game anyway. If crafters could fully recharge their vitality every week, on the other hand, that's practically doubling their leveling speed, which gives a significant advantage over non-vetrans.
    Still, if they pulled the description, maybe that's being revamped.
  8. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

    If it had been crafting vitality refill too, it would have been a really useful item. I can't remember ever needing more adventure vitality...
  9. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

    Lodrelhai wrote:
    Hmm really on my alts i am always running out of adventuring vitality so then i switch to tradeskilling which is alot easier to run out of vitality( and faster ) i will give you that !!!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

    That is the most useless and boring reward ever... what about for people who have no need of vitality or exp potions?
  11. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

    I find myself leveing adventure levels too fast lately, my AA really suffers without turning off exp. I can't imagine ever using this 5 year vet reward... and this is from someone who likes to level really fast when I level.
    I would,however, really love this option for tradeskilling because it's a real grind for me to level tradeskills. Now that exp has been lowered from 20 to 50 I would actually have to say it's probably easier to level adventuring than tradeskilling, especially if you have some others to help (which is not possible for leveling tradeskilling). Because my real life keeps me fairly busy I really don't have time to tradeskill much and if I do manage to exhaust my vitality there is no way I would continue tradeskilling at normal experience rates.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

    FYI, description of the vet rewards is back up, and as far as I see, nothing's changed. It's adventurer-only.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

    IMO I'm glad that the vet reward is back to being "fluff" and not like the vet disply case. Although to be honest it really is rather easy to level now, and that is truely a weak weak fluff item IMO. It would also cover both TS and adventure vitality also, not that leveling either is very hard now or espically after the next GU where you can get up to a 50% bonus just by having more of the appropriate <max level> characters.
  14. ARCHIVED-VuurvinkTijgeroog Guest

    Owh but I LOOOOVE the pixie-on-a-string!
  15. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

    I like them. Not too over the top, yet not worthless. Good for getting alts up to that level cap.
    tradeskilling is way to easy now. I wouls hate to see the orb bring up tradeskill vitality.
  16. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

    Vuurvink@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I was hoping for a dark elf girl on a leash.
    /sigh
    I guess I can always hope for that to be the reward in year 6!
  17. ARCHIVED-psistorm Guest

    zaneluke wrote:
    I disagree, frankly. tradeskilling is the one thing that makes me literally stop playing for days if not weeks in order to catch up, since i want to be able to get personal use out of my tradeskills, such as make my own armor or scribe my own ad3 scrolls. I admit that scribing is a pretty comfortable craft to level atm, but my armorer or tailor was just a pain made of harvesting so i dont spend all my plat on iron and roots (sometimes for 3-5 hours a day for the course of a week so i could make 30-40), then spend further hours pressing the same buttons over and over again to grind writs, because its currently the fastest, and outside of purely grinding recipes, only way to level up. TSO might hopefully introduce ways to get tradeskill exp without mindlessly smashing 123 456 456 456 456 456 123 456 456 etc for hours on end.
    Maybe its not even the fact that its too slow, its just so boring you wish there was /something/ you could do instead. but again, I have my hopes for TSO as far as diversity goes while leveling tradeskills

    edit: I SO second dark elf girl on a leash :D
  18. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

    I was hoping for a house item, but if not... can I vote for the Barb boy on a leash as an alternative to Kiara w/ string? Much as I <3 Kiara... she just doesn't work right for my RPing.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

    I'll take either the dark elf or the barb boy. Heck, I'll take both!
  20. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

    I swear if that orb does get released i'm gonna make a new toon delete one I have now then time how long it takes him to go from one to level 50.
    Already with some of the toons i've played i've managed to go from level 1 to 50 inside of 3 weeks playing 2-3 hrs a day. This will most deffinately cut that in half not to mention the XP bonus you get for every level 80 character you have.

Share This Page