Velious loot drop rates. Do these items even exist anymore?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Cusashorn, May 23, 2020.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm on a mission to find as many unique brawler gis in the game as possible. I will ultimately display them in a house with information on how to obtain them because I love their appearances so much.

This brings me to an issue as to whether a few of them even drop anymore.

The Shadowmeld Gi comes from a crate called a Corrupted Primal Velium Breastplate, which according to EQ2i, drops from the Tserrina Syl'Tor Heroic-turned-Epic X2 encounter in the Tower of Frozen Shadow: Haunt of Syl'Tor heroic zone. I've been farming this zone multiple times a day for a few weeks now, and the master chest that drops ALWAYS has:

1 Master spell
    1 class chest armor (for Brawlers, it's the Gnomeskin Tunic of the Shadowdweller)
    1 charm, accessory, etc.

I've never seen the Corrupted Primal Velium Breastplate drop, or any of the cloaks that are listed in the loot database for this encounter.

It's not just this. There's another Gi, the Gi of the Eternal Battlefield, that drops off the trash mobs in the Tower of Tactics heroic zone in Drunder. Loot database says that the gi has a 0.055% chance of dropping. I could believe this if I ever saw *ANYTHING* drop from the trash mobs, but I haven't so far. It makes me wonder how anyone ever discovered it in the first place with a drop rate of any loot that low.

Can a developer take a look to see if these are still working as intended? I don't mind the farming process, but I want to make sure that I actually have a chance.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Could a developer kindly look into this issue for me please? I'm just looking for confirmation that these items are still in the loot pool. I'm not sure why they would ever be removed, which is sad if they were.
    Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Gninja Developer

"Gi of the Eternal Battlefield" is confirmed to still be in game. I am not seeing "Shadowmeld Gi " as dropping anywhere currently.
    Tkia, Cusashorn, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

That's a shame. According to EQ2i and various other database sights, a "Corrupted Primal Velium Breastplate" should be on the loot pool of Tserrina Syl'Tor epic x2 encounter in the Haunt of Syl'Tor heroic zone. It's a crate that contains the Shadowmeld Gi as well as a plate breastplate for the other 4 tank classes.

\aITEM 1413947508 1345635017:Corrupted Primal Velium Breastplate\/a
    \aITEM -675665960 -280376272:Shadowmeld Gi\/a
    \aITEM 600997680 1805262051:Shadowmeld Breastplate\/a

At least the Gi of the Eternal Battlefield still exists.... even if it's only a *Checks Zam* 0.0556% chance of dropping off trash mobs.
    Dude likes this.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, why would an item like this be removed?
    Dude likes this.
  6. Gninja Developer

There have been a few reitemizations over time. They might have gotten lost in the shuffle.
    Breanna, Cusashorn and Dude like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Oh, well that's a shame. I hope that they can be added back into the game sometime. I understand you guys are completely swamped right now, but *I MUST ADD IT TO MY GI COLLECTION!* >_<

I'm working on a project to catalogue every unique gi appearance I can find in the game, and there's maybe 10 or so left that I'll be lucky to find. I wish the gis from the PVP servers were still possible to get as well.