Vegarlson: Council's Stronghold solo problem

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by dellir, Nov 23, 2018.

1. dellir New Member

(sorry bad engl) signature quest (Elements for destruction) third level: i place soil, then by appropriate mound kill 1-2-3 podwalkers with singular focus and... the podwalkers return and return... I don't understand the fight dinamics? My error? Bug? 3 days blocked here....
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

You have to kill one of each type on each mound. There are three mounds.
    First is the plant for the seed. One on each mound.
    Second is the water. One on each mound.
    Third is the sun. One on each mound.
    If you don't kill one of each on the mound it resets.
    So you have to drag the other two to the other mound, then the last one to the third mound. If you have a pet turn it off.
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Depending on your dps/procs etc. you may need to plan ahead by being singular focus, don't let your merc/pet attack and odn't use aoe's. It's a little slower, but it may help to move you forward on the quest. Also, try and target yourself when running between mounds so you don't accidentally kill one of the mobs on the way to a mound (F1 key to quickly target yourself).
    Cyrrena and Conifur like this.
  4. dellir New Member

tnkz. Solved. THE MOB on mound, not ME!!!
    Cyrrena and Conifur like this.
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

Yes, cool idea for mechanics - horrible execution. Soon you'll have to strip naked to do it or kill them too fast with your procs. Kind of like the in and out mob in the tower with the red ring of death.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You're right, we had to do this with Auliffe Chaoswind in Torden last expansion. On my conjy, I would change to my crafting clothes, hit him once with something small, then let my pet and merc kill him. If you went too fast, he cast the snow ring and red ring on top of one another and you died.