Vasty Deep Specimens

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Zictor, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Zictor New Member

In the room for the first named, I do not see the specimens but what looks like frosted lamps.
  2. Sionx Renaissance Ranger

Your display settings may be contributing to this. Try adjusting these options to see the specimens clearly and then whether or not that will affect your gameplay.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

I had this issue once, and then it went away - Not sure how or why honestly.

I've been trying to reproduce it by changing the display settings but have not been able to yet.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's your display settings. I'm not sure which display settings, but that's what controls how glass is rendered. When I was running on Extreme Performance settings, I had the same issue. Now I have a new computer and run in higher quality, the glass is translucent/transparent.
  5. Zictor New Member

It's probably because you have a new computer and/or graphics card, not the settings. I have tried on balanced and no changes.
  6. Zictor New Member

In another post, someone mentioned it is probably because the integrated graphics on the motherboard don't support transparency. So I'd have to upgrade computer b/c mboard will not support a card in it. Thanks for the replies.