Vasty Deep [Solo] Viktor Vodiak - respawns

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Xianthia, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm "stuck" on this mob. I'm running two characters through the zone together.

I ran a pair of characters together in the zone and when I got this this mob. I was slow to kill the books. I rethought strat/tactic and tried again. Have tried four times at which time I gave up (on these two characters).

Second/third and final fourth time (that's when I gave up). I kill one book, go on to the second. By this time one of the characters has died, the other keeps killing second book. Revive on the one character while other is killing second book. Kill the second book, portal appears, use the portal and the encounter resets.

It played out the same on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th try. Once I use portal, the encounter stops and Viktor is back in his spawn spot.

as an FYI - I have run the zone successfully as a solo and then again with a second person with me. Obviously, not the same characters that are stuck on the mob.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Beat mob down to 40% (he runs/flys away at that point), avoids the bombs he throws.

Two books pop - one has Disintegration in the name don't kill that one, kill the other one, a portal shows up.

Use Portal to go to name upstairs, avoid bombs he throws, kill name, take portal down.
    Xianthia likes this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Very kind of you, thank you! Will do when I get in game later today. :)

Killing both books is what triggered the fail on using the portal? The encounter was still active and only reset Viktor when I used the portal. asking just to understand what happened wondering if any know

and again, thank you!
  4. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

When I did the beta testing - If I was able to killed both books at the same time - 50/50 I get the portal or I die. If you kill the Disintegration one first - you die. Just kill the other one and get the portal.