Varsoon TLE Server FAQ

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The power levelers will also be happy with the slower xp rate :p.
  2. boho Member

Yeah it doesn't impact me, I'll still be 50 somewhere between Day 1 and 3 depending on server stability more than anything else. Everyone will just be making fewer alts, which means the players that begged for slower XP so there would be more people to PUG with will now actually have less characters to group at any level because alts are more of a chore.

I did my best to warn them but unfortunately this is one of those counter-intuitive Freakonomics style cases that players gleefully shoot themselves in the foot over every single time.
    Carynn, Zenji and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Ladarion New Member

All slower rates does is encourage more Krono farming. So thanks.
    Pixistik and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. boho Member

I guess they want players to go through more zones than normal? Seems like you could do that just as easily with free XP potions on Beta while still allowing tests for actual production conditions. Again, that's what EQ1's TLE betas have done in the past, so there's already a solution here from inside the exact same company.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't understand the reason to not have boost baubles on beta. lower level itemization wasn't completely in, the XP rate was / is wrong.

The only notable changes that need tested are to max level raid content.
    Rhoks and Leibnitz like this.
  6. Leibnitz Member

I didn't find it a problem getting groups with my alts on Kaladim. The XP rate felt right and I'm glad Varsoon will mirror that rate.
    adaria likes this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Great job on beta:)
    I wouldn't change a thing!
  8. ArcaneProphet New Member

Is All Access required to join Beta?
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

was all that xp change from boho complaining... lol
  10. Mandoh New Member

Hi, I just saw this after I decided I wanted to play on this server. What are Kaladim rates like so a returning player could understand it? I hope this isn't a slow crawl / heavy grind?
  11. Kalymba New Member

I'd like to echo the already, over-stated (hopefully driving the point home) concern of EXP rates.
    They need to be lowered. For 4 months, they will need to be lowered. I've witnessed every EQ2 and EQ1 TLE and the EXP rate is always, too high and people burn out simply from sitting at max level for, too long.

I didn't see any mention of AA Experience.
    Are we going the classic-classic route of AA EXP only being given by rare mobs?
    Or are we getting the slider?

I'd prefer to get the slider, especially if we are getting such a high EXP rate.
    That way, those of us who do not want rush to max level can essentially lock our levels, while we explore/quest and still feel a sense of character progression.

Other than that, I am extremely hyped to play EQ2, again!
    Marcus and Twyla like this.
  12. Kahleem Active Member

Welp, looks like the vocal minority won. I'm out, it's just another Kaladim with free-trade at this point. The exp + re-itemization + free trade combined made it something to probably check out.

So now both the EQ1 TLP servers and the new EQ2 TLE server are both junk :(.

Really not liking the new direction DarkPaw has gone the past year or so.
    Pixistik and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Zirsis New Member

So... The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have been on the sidelines thinking about coming back to EQ2 to give it another try. I left a long time ago a 76 Necromancer and I'm a soloer. I have played multiple EQ TLPs and always hated the slow XP rates and never understood why the developers add a feature that is NOT QOL to a server that's supposed to attract people.

I was looking forward to this server and now I'm not so sure. Look at the amount of posts I have and you see that I'm not the squeaky wheel and won't post more than this one time to show my disfavor to a server I was looking forward to releasing. I hope others that are lurking do the same as me as the only ones heard here are the squeaky wheels...
    Siren and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well Zenji, if the xp rate is as high as so many people complain about, it should not take that long to get up to level 50.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

;)
    Mizgamer62 and Schmetterling like this.
  16. Reconnection Member

Kaladim exp rate is 70% of live. Slightly slower, but not meaningfully so. 70% exp rate is not going to fundamentally change your overall experience on the TLE. Now, Fallen Gate exp rate? That was something else, and your post would make more sense if that's the kind of exp rate we were going to be seeing.
    Liliun and adaria like this.
  17. KaladimNate Member

We wont have AAs for minimum 7 months so it doesn't really matter, and by the time EoF comes out, you'll be AA capped day 1 due to the small number that are available. The slider or not is pretty inconsequential.
  18. boho Member

Nope.

Better solution: reduce 4 month expansions to 3 months.
    Beneeto and adaria like this.
  19. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

If I wanted a slower xp rate I would have played on Kaladim, they can lower it if they want to and it can and will end up like the L&L server.:rolleyes:

At this point I don't really care anymore
    Siren and Mizgamer62 like this.
  20. Rhoks Active Member

See you there!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.