Varsoon TLE Server FAQ

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boho Member

I also agree with that, but single digit weeks is a hard sell to the players who want 2004 XP rates, shared XP debt, and one expansion per year in the belief that this will somehow keep players around longer. Steady releases keep players engaged. Make XP slower than release or faster than Live - it really doesn’t matter. Only the pace of new content does. And Shattered Lands and DoF are both really sparse at the high end.
    adaria, Smashey and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Jalathan Active Member

I for one am going to completely disagree with both the xp levels being off and the time being too short... yah, you might get to 50 in a few hours, but for those of us who like time to do the 'end game content' and actually 'gear up' and don't play like lunatics who have no real life, 16 weeks is not unreasonable and live xp rates not either (it isn't like we will have the 'short cuts' we have on live like the teleporter achievement in PoP or the lvl 120 collections as examples) that we do on live.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea, all that wining about there is not enough to do in this, or that expansion is senseless, because we don't have 12 months, but only about 4.
    We get this same discussion every time, this time there are some people that have not played on a TLE server before and who have waited months for this one to come out, give them a chance.
    If you don't like vanilla, start later in the game, once the right expansion comes out for you, and let those people who have not played in years get their turn without having too constantly hear complaints from others about how boring it is to do the same expansions over and over (I think it is too, but live and let live).
    Breanna likes this.
  4. oscar New Member

His point was if its gonna be just like live server then why even play on TLE server with those who want the TLE experience , why even bring a live server factor into a server that is meant to be TLE ppl come here because its NOT like live server Because it is in fact TLE . so..... if ppl like live server rules then go there , ppl who like TLE cant go to live defeats the purpose .
    Dude likes this.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I like the release times, the only one I personally thought was too long was DoF... everyone complained about it so they shortened it, must be listening. I won't pretend I know better than the devs what the release cadence should be though.
  6. Maglon Member

We've been trying out different classes trying to figure out what to play and in the last week, of playing maybe two hours a night, we have 4 lvl 20+ toons. Thats just the two of us doing entry lvl quests, me getting high, watching sports card breaks and having my attention diverted towards Playoff Hockey at the same time. We purposely did two hours only because two hours is a "casual" timeframe. I have no doubts in my mind that the only people saying Its fine are those who play a couple hours on a Saturday/Sunday.
  7. Jalathan Active Member

Based upon my past experiences with TLEs this isn't quite the speed you will actually see. Even if the xp rate is the same, the vitality rate isn't (or at least isn't on Kaladim) AND there are no reset items for vitality. There is also no base fervor that a new player on live would have (which makes killing easier) or all of the pets, mercs, mounts and familiars. (which is a good thing, imo)

I honestly wouldn't mind something in between live and Kaladim, but for me (especially coming into it later on when there were very few to no groups ever happening at the lower levels (as is normal in EQ2... regardless of the server) that slow xp rate was compounded by lack of groups and the content on the TLEs is more heroic based and less solo based as the live servers are (go look at the gnolls in Antonica on tive vs Kaladim as an example)

For those saying, just go play on live, I would, but there are NO groups on live on the lower levels and I would like to see the occasional group or maybe even raid when the content is at least not completely overpowered by a single group... Thus the TLE. And I do not doubt that there will be people who get to level 50 in a few hours and then sit there and complain about it for weeks. It is what people do... they do it on live now when you can get from 0 to 125 in the matter of a day or two...
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

It's just the opposite. It's the people who want to be able to get to end game as quickly as possible.
  9. Maglon Member

I should have clarified that we made these toons on Kaladim, which IIRC is slower xp than live no?
  10. Maglon Member

We want to get to "Good" content, not "Endgame" content. I have 0 issues with the game getting to KoS and then slowing right down at that point. At least there is a good amount of "good" content. Im playing either way, so it is what it is.
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Malachy Well-Known Member

I'll be on Varsoon and L&L server, but pretty sure other than the grind to 50 and raiding with friends, I'll primarily be on L&L.

L&L has no xp grind, you're at max level/AA on character creation at level 90 in DoV 1, the content when Varsoon is likely to enter the graveyard. Varsoon xp rates sound good to me.

It's a great place to try out new toons, explore content up to DoV 1, no mobs are grey. It's not perfectly tuned, but there's a LOT of content to enjoy where you certainly can't 1 shot x4s like on live. Hope to see some of you there in between the Varsoon content releases.
  12. Chartier New Member

You Guys should realy let us enjoy
    Butcherblock Montains and
    Steamfont Montains
    At Launch
    They are amazing zone and useless if open only at level 70
    Lesser Faydark should be open at Desert of flame Xpac
  13. Debug New Member

You know, I wouldn't mind zones opening up for the sake of having people actually explore them, just maybe not necessarily the raids of the expansion. More options for leveling can't be a bad thing.
  14. Carynn Well-Known Member

Yes. Templars, Defilers and Mystics all have slow solo dps. If you're going to go with any of them, expect to group so you don't lose your mind. :D
  15. Laalon2 Active Member

With travel being more time-consuming in TLE, if you were putting a group together to play together all the time, would you make them all FP or all Qeynos? Got a pretty good group setup ready, but some can't be FP, even though most of the group will be.
  16. Liliun Member

Slow travel is more an inconvenience than a real setback, even in the beginning. You can count on maybe an additional 15 minutes to get everyone where they are supposed to be if you know where you are going, some additional time if folks need to get directions.
  17. SeaJae Member

FP easily
  18. Laalon2 Active Member

My question was meant to be more of a "would you split your group of 6 up between FP and Qeynos and keep the classes you want, or make them all FP and change 3 of their classes. I'm looking at a FP group, but Swash, Mystic, and Inquis would be the other 3, so would need to change classes and maybe betray later, or deal with the extra travel time
  19. SeaJae Member

Depends on if you're playing more casually or not. But theres always the option to betray later on after leveling is done.
  20. Rhoks Active Member

We are 2 weeks away. Anymore updated FAQs?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.