Varsoon TLE Server FAQ

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harn New Member

I agree with previous posts about XP being too fast. :cool: Can't get here fast enough!
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol DoV, Doom of Varsoon.
    I like that expansion, just not for 8 months like on Kaladim, only I think they should give us Cobalt Scar with DoV.
  3. Maglon Member

My ONLY Gripe is that even for Casual players, its going to be a BORING 16 weeks of Vanilla. Just like Kaladim. Obviously still going to play but 16 weeks ... just threw up in my mouth a little. I tried REALLY hard to last until KoS on Kaladim but it was molasses slow waiting for the weeks to pass
  4. Debug New Member

You should see a medical professional for this, it is not a normal experience with the reference indicated.

On that, 16 weeks is not long enough, not sure why people are thinking it is, it is only 4 months!
    Siren likes this.
  5. Maglon Member

Luckily for me, I want to spend my summer out doors so Ill be good come fall.
  6. Jadefox2 Active Member

@ Accendo
    Is it possible to initiate the personal XP slider early (and possibly from level 1)?

I guess the excess XP could just be banked for when AA's come about (or just lost).

This would allow individual players to control their rate of progression using an existing mechanic.
    I get that XP can just be turned off, but a controllable rate of progression, rather than just OFF/ON, would be preferable.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

What MTX are in for this server?

Pay for better combat arts? (Research)
    Is the marketplace available? (XP potions?)
    Ascentions? (I assume not)
    Mercenaries, mounts & being able to pay to upgrade them?
  8. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

F.A.Q.Q: What is a Time Locked Expansion server?
    A: A TLE server has a special ruleset that allows players to revisit exciting adventures from previous eras of EverQuest II, starting with original launch content. Every 12 to 16 weeks, content from the next expansion will unlock allowing progression through much of the original game content over time.

Q: Who can play on a TLE server?

A: All Access Membership is required to create characters and play on the Varsoon server.

Q: When will new content be unlocked on the server?

A: Every approximately 16 weeks, a new expansion and its associated content will unlock on the server. Adventure packs such as the Fallen Dynasty will be released 8 weeks into the applicable expansion. Hunter’s Coins and items will be included for all content packs and will also be mid-progression content. Desert of Flames will be 12 weeks and 6 weeks for similar unlocks.

Q: What Races and Classes will be available at launch?

A: All races will be available on Varsoon at launch!
    The Channeler and Beastlord classes will not be available for play on Varsoon. These classes have been deemed "Out of Progression" for the beginning of the server and will be made available at their original expansion releases. Recipe scrolls, spell drops for these classes have not been removed due to them being contained in "global" systems.

Q: Can I transfer my character to Varsoon?

A: No transfers will be available to or from Varsoon.

Q: What Starting Areas will be available?

A: The starting areas will be Outpost of the Overlord and Queen’s Colony on the original Isle of Refuge. Darklight Wood and Frostfang Sea are available via the travel bells but not as places where you can start a new character. Timorous Deep and Greater Faydark will not be available until those expansions are released.

Q: Will experience values be tuned for Varsoon?

A: Experience and tradeskill experience values will match live servers.

Q: Will Spell Research be available on Varsoon?

A: With the launch of Varsoon, spell research will be made available. However, spell research will be capped at Master.

Q: What will be available for purchase in the Marketplace?

A: The majority of the Marketplace will be available at launch, except for a few items that will be locked behind future expansions.

Q: Will Guildhalls be available?

A: Guildhalls will not be made available at launch but will be made available with Rise of Kunark.

Q: Will we be able to leap or fly on Varsoon?

A: Leaping and flying will be restricted to their content expansions. Leaping will appear during Rise of Kunark, and flying will appear during Destiny of Velious.

Q: Can I use my /claim items?

A: Claim items will be restricted based on expansion, and, in some cases, may never be made available to preserve the progression of the server.

Q: What will be available for Tradeskills?

A: Crafted gear has had its progression re-balanced in past and will remain in its current progression.

Q: Can I use a Mercenary?

A: The Mercenary feature will not be available.

Q: Will Familiars be available on Varsoon?

A: Familiars have been deemed "Out of Progression" for Varsoon and will not be available.

Q: Will we be able to /house to travel on Varsoon?

A: Using /house has been restricted to be within the accessor for housing and will no longer be available from anywhere.

Q: Will there only be ground mounts and will they have reduced ground speed?

A: The highest mount speed on these servers is set at 29% at server launch and increases with each expansion.

Q: Will veteran rewards be available on Varsoon?

A: Veteran Rewards, Veteran experience bonuses, and the Recruit-a-Friend program will not be available on Varsoon.

Q: Will the Loyalty System be available on Varsoon?

A: Loyalty System and daily quests will not be available on Varsoon.

Q: Will Legendary, Fabled and Mythical crits be available on Varsoon?

A: Legendary, Fabled and Mythical crits will not be available on Varsoon.

Q: Will dungeon finder be available on Varsoon?

A: No dungeon finder will be available on Varsoon.

Q: Will Level Agnostic Dungeons be available on Varsoon?

A: Level Agnostic Dungeons will not be available on Varsoon.

Q: Will Reforging and tradeskill apprentices be available on Varsoon?

A: Reforging and tradeskill apprentices will not be available on Varsoon.

Q: Will dropped coin be restricted on Varsoon?

A: Dropped coin has been returned to launch levels of coin gain.

Q: Will there be a queuing system at the launch of Varsoon?

A: An existing queue system for logging in will be in place on May 24th.

Q: Will the heritage merchant and items be available on Varsoon?

A: The Heritage Merchant and its items will not be available on Varsoon.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

That's covered in the FAQ on the 1st page of this thread.
    Siren and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Boldac Active Member

I'd argue that class balance, itemization and content problems are more to blame than how much xp you get for a kill.

Here's an idea, how about they castrate xp on mob kills and make it so you need to do quests to level? Put the quest back in Everquest.

(note: I haven't played live in a while, but as I understand it, that is how VoV is)

Of course, all that would do is cause the vocal minority to complain more since those of us who don't just mindlessly grind might just beat them to something and induce more complaining.
  11. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

I can guarantee you that the same people who commit Orcicidal genocide because it's the fastest way to level would still beat you to max if quest xp was the better route. Also weird that the "vocal minority", the people your post is condescending towards, at least in this instance, is the group of people who share your opinion. As for your comment about putting the "quest" back into EverQuest... quest rewards have always been about the reward, not the xp. Sorry. :(

And just for the record, I'm on board with the train of wishing it was slower xp (I thought Kaladim was a pretty ideal position for xp, tbh) and 3 month xpacs with 2 months of DoF, All this xp change does is mean that I have to spend less for xp potions.
    Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any wrong way to play this game, I (that is just my opinion) think that no one group should expect everybody else to do things their way.
    I like quests, they give you rewards, and they give you xp on top of that.
    If you manage to combine quests with your grinding, you come out on top.
    I remember going in to Skyshrine and picking up every quest that dropped to make the leveling even faster.
    The method of combining quests with grinding works the best.
    Frostfang and Twyla like this.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

speak for yourself
    Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

it's been this way for the last 18 years of eq2, shouldn't really be much surprise or disappointment by this point. people still raid on rangers and bruisers and paladins regardless. The optimals that want to server first everything on day one will have their guild with class restrictions, everyone else just plays whatever they want.
  15. Scheune New Member

Returning player after some advise on a healer, thinking either Templar or defiler and wondering if Templars still got super low dps for solo questing?
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

Maybe in later expansions, but in T5 it really doesn't matter. All those classes they listed as useless we had in our raid that killed mostly everything first in T5.
    Siren, Rhoks and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Momo Well-Known Member

Please add to the FAQ the information what will become of our Characters when Varsoon dies / merges. Will it be AB as usual? Or is there something to the rumors that it will be IoR, because of the free trade ruleset? Would that mean no transfer tokens either or could we still chose freely?
    Pretty please. It makes a lot of difference how much one invests there.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Rhoks Active Member

You can really raid on any class with the way gear is now. Being a MT/OT Paladin as example are actually preety good in raids. Of course a guardian would be better but I really dont think their is a wrong answer for which classes are used in raids in TLE.
  19. boho Member

THIS.

16 weeks is 6 weeks too long.
    adaria likes this.
  20. Smashey Well-Known Member

16 weeks is 10 weeks too long with live XP rates.
    adaria likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.